Repositioning Cruise, Leaving at Earlier Port

Rblum100

We are looking at a repositioning cruise that has a port call in Spain and then continues to Italy.  Has anyone had experience getting off at an earlier port than the cruise termination port?  Price reduction??  

Definitely no price reduction. Whether they will allow you to disembark early is questionable.  
You will need to make a formal request about 6 months before you are to sail.  You will need to ASK politely.  If the request is granted, they will tell you.

Don’t expect it, since with all the COVID protocols, they may skip that port entirely if numbers are high there. 

53 minutes ago, Rblum100 said:

We are looking at a repositioning cruise that has a port call in Spain and then continues to Italy.  Has anyone had experience getting off at an earlier port than the cruise termination port?  Price reduction??  

No longer an option on Royal, so I suspect that will also extend to Celebrity as well. It spells out "pre-planned" early departure, so it may still allow it if requested on board.

Sorry, I can't get the insert link to work, so you will have to copy and paste...

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/12/15/royal-caribbean-will-no-longer-let-passengers-get-or-the-cruise-ship-different-port-of?fbclid=IwAR2l2MOZNyOXViUW9ITQOob3BfkiPNFDw9bRChsAsYb-JJHlic2Rv9mheQ0

Edited by RTShaker

Pre Covid you submitted a Downline request  before your cruise starts which was reviewed some locations it was possible other locations no.  There was a $60 fee to cover the administrative cost.  If I remember correctly it was the Emergency Services department who handled theses requests. 

• Like 1

I've done it a number of times

1.  Price Reduction - No

2.  You have to apply for it in advance and pay a fee of $65 to process.   They have to check other countries provisions and make sure Customs is available at the port.  

Here's instructions I received

Good Day,

Please be advised that we have received your request to embark/debark at an alternate port. After reviewing said request we are happy to advise that currently there are no regulatory restrictions that will prohibit an approval.

There is a $65 USD or CAD equivalent per booking handling to finalize your approval and arrangement. Please contact us at your earliest convenience and provide us with a valid credit card payment.

We can be reached 7 days a week, 24 hours a day at:  Domestic: 1-800-256-6649 (prompt #1) or International: 305-539-4107.

• Thanks 1