Luggage Valet

keesar

13 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Not offered at this time.  When is your cruise?

Our cruise is in February.  It was so convenient both in Seattle and Port Everglades.Thank you all for your replies.

FYI...

I used Luggage Valet in Seattle in 2019 and apparently my bag stayed on the ship for another cruise but during that time there was little recourse, as I'll explain below:

1)  Irreplaceable, if you use luggage valet, do not put anything irreplaceable in there; this includes souvenirs, consider buying small souvenirs that can be carried with you perhaps in a backpack.

2)  Insurance won't cover, Luggage Valet is a 3rd party called Bags Inc, therefore travel insurance (I used USAA) and my credit card (AMEX Platinum) both told me not to bother filing a lost baggage claim because X and airline didn't lose it, the 3rd party did which isn't covered.

3)  No help from X, X only had one option for lost luggage which was to file a claim with the "lost and found" dept.  I called Bags Inc who stated that the port never scanned the bag labels barcode therefore they believe it never made it off the ship.  X's attitude was if it shows up they'll let you know.

4) Emailing LLP, after reading her team is pretty responsive to emails I went ahead and emailed her explaining that Bags Inc thinks it's still on the ship and the disappointing response from X's lost and found as I just trying to find out the process, does X scan luggage valet barcode tags?  I recommended that X be more involved in scanning/tracking process.  I didn't think I'd receive a reply or if I did they'd just refer me to the lost and found dept.  To my surprise, sure enough, I received an email from her team that they found the bag within hours!  Verified my address and received a reply with tracking number (See below).

5) X lost and found, a day after I received the found bag email, I receive a random email from the lost and found department stating was bag was STILL not found (lol).

6) Summary, I'm sure 99% of the time, this works fine, as long as you don't put anything irreplaceable and understand insurance won't cover it, you'll probably be fine.  It was a nerve racking experience, landing at my home airport, waiting at the baggage carousel to stop, talking to the airline's lost luggage agent, calling Bags Inc, calling X, calling my insurance company, calling my credit card company and simply just waiting and wondering.  At least folks now know the "worse case scenario". I wonder if it would have even been found had I not emailed LLP.

image.png.596cc5810e4bc6789d067f848c5e345a.png