Should we or shouldn’t we?

stevenr597

We live on an island just off the coast of SE Georgia, not far from the Florida border.   The only time that I have worn a mask in the past few months is when we took trips and flew (within the USA or one trip to Iceland in July).   It is rare to see anyone wearing a mask here.   My own physician tells the that the value of a cloth mask is negligible.

I don't pretend to be an expert, but I expect to eventually get a booster (I need to time it right for my next trip, since after six months I probably won't be considered fully vaccinated).

I don't want to go to Europe of places where the shutdowns are in force.   Looking at the Galapagos.

• Like 1

From the Oceania website:  Until further notice, all guests will undergo pier-side COVID-19 testing prior to embarkation.   ALso, Viking has mandatory mask protocols and you spit into a vial every morning to be tested on board in their labs.  And I believe Regent used to offer pier-side testing, but not sure.

1 minute ago, chamima said:

That would be easier for some of us. (We sail on January 2 and most major testing centers are closed Dec.31 and Jan. 1)

I guess not so convenient if you test positive and have to figure out where to stay.

I have the eMed proctored at home test kits.  Just got 6 good through October 2022.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I think I would be worried more about the River Cruise that could possibly be cancelled or the countries that it visits might be very restricted to you and your activities.  

Am worried about that one too. Have my TA looking into moving both to next year.