Observations From The Poop Deck Christmas/New Years Equinox

morpheusofthesea

17 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Not when you get to day 17.

LOL! So very true. DH is ready to go no matter what. I would feel more comfortable if we drove our own car, because it seems that if you are asymptomatic, you can drive home yourself.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

You do not have to have cruised 22 times to feel the way you do. There are 30 million of us that 'feel' the same way as you do. You are in very good company. But there are still 5.8 million of us 'hardcore' cruisers that wish to fill the berths on most any cruise ship right now. DW and I look at each other everyday as we try to get an empty elevator going up from deck 3 to deck 11, climb to deck 4 and try again.....Can you imagine the anxiety of a guest to have to spit into a vial 2 ml every morning at 8:30 am to be tested for covid? But they are real 'troupers', the real 'hard' hardcore. And to us it is still a vacation.

I guess I “hard core of the hardcore cruiser.”I have done two Viking cruises since July. Spitting in a tube every morning is nothing , easy peasy. The anxiety was the PCR test that need to be taken three days or two days before I began my flying to Bermuda or Malta. 
I have loved reading your posts from your last two cruises . When is your next cruise ? 
you tempt me to come back to Celebrity M class ships in a suite.😎

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

LOL! So very true. DH is ready to go no matter what. I would feel more comfortable if we drove our own car, because it seems that if you are asymptomatic, you can drive home yourself.

We did just that. Only slight problem is we park across the street from Terminal 25 where Equinox departs from (a 5-10 minute walk to Retreat entrance) and arrive back to Terminal 29 (1 1/4 miles from parking garage and Terminal 25). Must take provided, dirty shuttlebus from Terminal 29 to parking garage, up elevator to level 2 or 3 of parking garage. Will leave DW at Terminal 29 , take shuttle bus alone, retrieve car, then retrieve DW (and luggage) at Terminal 29.

6 minutes ago, Azulann said:

When is your next cruise ?

February 2022.  In about 5 weeks. We are 'jumping ship' and moving to MSC Seaside  YC for more observations. We are booked on the Beyond for Nov. and Dec. 2022, Feb and March 2023 (we hope we like the Retreat on the Beyond) We just have to live long enough to enjoy all our plans.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

February 2022.  In about 5 weeks. We are 'jumping ship' and moving to MSC Seaside  YC for more observations. We are booked on the Beyond for Nov. and Dec. 2022, Feb and March 2023 (we hope we like the Retreat on the Beyond) We just have to live long enough to enjoy all our plans.

Are you sure?  I don't see the Seaside sailing in Feb 22.

Well Celebrity management finally changed protocol today in the Ocean View Cafe. No more self-service of plates and silverware. I suppose "the horses must always bolt before the gates are closed." Appears the number of positive cases on board this cruise has 'shocked' the Equinox 'establishment.'

Guest were allowed to return with their 'soiled' plates for seconds and thirds. 

Noticed something interesting when chit chatting with staff. (They are all masked and tested twice a week). That the 'seasoned' staff are for the most part being promoted and going on to new positions on E class ships. Also found out that those of us in the higher suites have our 'mug shots' posted so we are addressed by name when around the ship. I asked DW if she thought they had a 'mug shot' of Butch, the golden retriever, that stayed in the Penthouse suite, up next to ours.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

3 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Noticed something interesting when chit chatting with staff. (They are all masked and tested twice a week). That the 'seasoned' staff are for the most part being promoted and going on to new positions on E class ships. Also found out that those of us in the higher suites have are 'mug shots' posted so we are addressed by name when around the ship. I asked DW if she thought they had a 'mug shot' of Butch, the golden retriever, that stayed in the Penthouse suite, next to ours.

Do you have any idea if Butch is a Service or Companion Animal?

4 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Noticed something interesting when chit chatting with staff. (They are all masked and tested twice a week). That the 'seasoned' staff are for the most part being promoted and going on to new positions on E class ships. Also found out that those of us in the higher suites have our 'mug shots' posted so we are addressed by name when around the ship. I asked DW if she thought they had a 'mug shot' of Butch, the golden retriever, that stayed in the Penthouse suite, next to ours.

Guess I have to really up my selfie skills. Going to be harder than upping my wine because I take a horrid picture, even when it is a professional photographer on the ship. 

4 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I suspect that you're serious about Butch's credentials.  If true, that's too bad.

True....

P.S. He also flies first class in his own seat. He has more miles racked up than most business flyers.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

I’m glad you’re enjoying but thinking of the sick passengers. Our Apex sailing was not as forthcoming and transparent as compared to yours currently giving people a false impression. Who’s your captain?  Kuddos to him for informing passengers and taking precautions. This is the way it should be. Stay safe and enjoy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

I’m glad you’re enjoying but thinking of the sick passengers. Our Apex sailing was not as forthcoming and transparent as compared to yours currently giving people a false impression. Who’s your captain?  Kuddos to him for informing passengers and taking precautions. This is the way it should be. Stay safe and enjoy. 

Captain Matthaios Karandreas. Were told today that all positive cases in isolation are NOT serious.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Captain Matthaios Karandreas. Were told today that all positive cases in isolation are NOT serious.

Frankly, having had COVID (pre- vacinations / 7/2020), I disagree with any statement from anyone about a case NOT being serious. We were not hospitalized.  For the most part we looked fine too however we lost our sense of taste & smell for close to a year. It is still not back to normal. 

1 minute ago, RollWave said:

Frankly, having had COVID (pre- vacinations / 7/2020), I disagree with any statement from anyone about a case NOT being serious. We were not hospitalized.  For the most part we looked fine too however we lost our sense of taste & smell for close to a year. It is still not back to normal. 

"Frankly," while in the middle of an ocean during a pandemic,  anxiety can be even more overwhelming to a passenger than the actual virus.  I would rather be lied to than have a heart attack or stroke over the fear of something I have been inoculated against.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"Frankly," while in the middle of an ocean during a pandemic,  anxiety can be even more overwhelming to a passenger than the actual virus.  I would rather be lied to than have a heart attack or stroke over the fear of something I have been inoculated against.

Reminds me of advice from one of my old bosses, "If it hurts don't think about it"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

If that's true, Butch must have credentials to be a service animal, at least on Delta.

I don't know about credentials, just got the impression this was not Butch's first time in the Penthouse suite. Heard he was 8 years old, so too young for a 'service' medal.