Observations From The Poop Deck Christmas/New Years Equinox

morpheusofthesea

I have read  two first hand reports on these boards from people with covid. Both were flown to their home towns on private med jet and met at the airport (that would be the general aviation airport, not commercial) with a private van to take them to their house. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"You are a better  man than me, Gunga (Ken)". There is no way I am leaving my cabin to find out what is going on in the "Red Zone". My days as a reporter are limited to my 'armchair'. I will leave the reporting  of these on board cases to hearsay, gossip, and down right fabrication.

LOL!! Nope, not me. I’m just reverberating what someone posted on my Connie thread yesterday at post #246.

I’m pretty sure this is the husband and daughter of someone who hangs out in the sunset bar. She said her husband and daughter are totally asymptomatic and hope that they might be “released” from deck 2 by NYE if they can retest negative after 5 days of quarantine based on the new CDC guidelines. 

2 hours ago, MDCruze said:

Sorry for the ignorance, but what is the “red zone”?

From my interpretation of the way the Customer Service rep described it to me was that is was a closed off area of cabins on the ship where infected passengers would be housed if required to quarantine on the ship. 

10 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

LOL!! Nope, not me. I’m just reverberating what someone posted on my Connie thread yesterday at post #246.

I’m pretty sure this is the husband and daughter of someone who hangs out in the sunset bar. She said her husband and daughter are totally asymptomatic and hope that they might be “released” from deck 2 by NYE if they can retest negative after 5 days of quarantine based on the new CDC guidelines. 

New CDC guidelines don't even require that you test negative after 5 days.  As long as you don't have symptoms, you're good to go.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

New CDC guidelines don't even require that you test negative after 5 days.  As long as you don't have symptoms, you're good to go.

However that doesn’t mean that the ship won’t require

a negative test.  I would hope that they do test before releasing someone from quarantine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/26/2021 at 1:13 PM, Lastdance said:

I am the same, but now have to call them sunset verandas, as I was reminded in another post.  I love the small separate hallway and the view of the wake; however, E class has such a huge balcony, but I miss the size of the cabin on S class, along with the improvements to the Retreat areas on E.  I have Equinox booked for both holidays next December and realize these suites have not been updated yet.  All my other cruises are on E class, even for 2024.

Good morning.  I have never done an S1 on Equinox before or AFT either.  Are suggesting we will be disappointed with the accommodations?  Thank you.

59 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

37 minutes ago, jelayne said:

However that doesn’t mean that the ship won’t require

a negative test.  I would hope that they do test before releasing someone from quarantine.

But the “guidelines” do require you to wear a mask for the next 5 days.  

Just now, jagoffee said:

But the “guidelines” do require you to wear a mask for the next 5 days.  

It will be interesting to see how well that is “voluntarily followed” . Particularly after reading stories of what the situation with elevators is like.

51 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Good morning.  I have never done an S1 on Equinox before or AFT either.  Are suggesting we will be disappointed with the accommodations?  Thank you.

Not at all; I love those suites because of their size and verandas!  Only deck 6 has the veranda as a very small area.  I have an S1 booked for the holidays 2022 on Equinox.  Their suites were not revolutionized yet, but love the layout.

Edited by Lastdance

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Not at all; I love those suites because of their size and verandas!  Only deck 6 has the veranda as a very small area.  I have an S1 booked for the holidays 2022 on Equinox.  Their suites were not revolutionized yet, but love the layout.

Ok, great.  We booked deck 11 starboard so we would be underneath a room as opposed being in 12 under a restaurant.  Hope it’s a good one!

6 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Ok, great.  We booked deck 11 starboard so we would be underneath a room as opposed being in 12 under a restaurant.  Hope it’s a good one!

You should love it.  We had the Starboard S1 Aft Corner on Reflection 12/4 - 12/11 and loved the room.  I had the side of the bed by the pole and although a little awkward getting in and out of bed initially, I soon got use to it.  Our only complaint was that the sleeper couch was not all that comfortable to sit on for extended periods of time. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 39august said:

I have read  two first hand reports on these boards from people with covid. Both were flown to their home towns on private med jet and met at the airport (that would be the general aviation airport, not commercial) with a private van to take them to their house. 

Hello. Wondering what happens to someone who isn’t a US citizen in this situation? We are from the UK and getting a bit worried about forthcoming cruise on the Equinox in February.

Captain Matt announced at 6 pm tonight that we are closed out of St.Kitts/Nevis tomorrow so now two sea days toward FT. Lauderdale with a last port change to Nassau Bahamas. Noticed when ship alerting 'ding-dong' sound prior to an announcement, a groan is heard throughout the ship and then  there is silence as the Captain speaks. Again the captain reported to us 5 more passengers reported to sick bay and tested positive (total 20) but still waiting for results of their close contacts. Left late because of another medical emergency with ambulance.

• Thanks 5

10 hours ago, Jacob Cavalier said:

Hello. Wondering what happens to someone who isn’t a US citizen in this situation? We are from the UK and getting a bit worried about forthcoming cruise on the Equinox in February.

yes, us too...due to sail on the 30th Jan

11 hours ago, Jacob Cavalier said:

37 minutes ago, rachiem said:

yes, us too...due to sail on the 30th Jan

I think the only people to answer this is Celebrity UK if you booked with them or your insurance company

Thought I'd post a short video of our Thanksgiving cruise. These 2 forgot to set their watches and the Captain just announced he would be leaving them. Port agent was on pier to be handed their passports, when passengers raised up a 'cry'. The Captain had been blowing the ships horn every few minutes to alert these stragglers.

P.S. Thought it would be sort of 'up-lifting' seeing passengers 'rooting' for a couple of our own.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Thought I'd post a short video of our Thanksgiving cruise. These 2 forgot to set their watches and the Captain just announced he would be leaving them. Port agent was on pier to be handed their passports, when passengers raised up a 'cry'. The Captain had been blowing the ships horn every few minutes to alert these stragglers.

P.S. Thought it would be sort of 'up-lifting' seeing passengers 'rooting' for a couple of our own.

That made me laugh...I bet they'd never run so fast. Especially to the fanfare!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the second time we have experienced a captain announce that this will be the last announcement of the cruise or of the old year, and then  have to come on again about some emergency.  At 1:00 pm Captain Matt announced 4 more passengers this morning tested positive (24?).  He stated that it is now a "company decision" that all passengers must wear masks at all times, except when eating or drinking.

P.S. Tonight is lobster night. Everyone comes early to dinner.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
P.S.
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

This is the second time we have experienced a captain announce that this will be the last announcement of the cruise or of the old year, and then  have to come on again about some emergency.  At 1:00 pm Captain Matt announced 4 more passengers this morning tested positive (24?).  He stated that it is now a "company decision" that all passengers must wear masks at all times, except when eating or drinking.

That’s a significant move for Celebrity. 

19 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Really appreciate these updates as I'm sailing Equinox on Jan 9th. I'll be interested to see if the mask requirement is sailing-dependent or if they just keep it in place. I plan on wearing them indoors anyway; I do it at work and it's no bother for me. 

Hope you have a great day and enjoy your lobster. 

Edited by bluejayway327
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1