Blue Princess Bag

MsSoCalCruiser

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

All of those suite amenities were done away with BEFORE the pandemic (2019).  Elite and upgraded suite items are still given out (without the gold bag).  Q-tips are by request. Floral arrangements have been replaced by an orchid plant. No more fruit bowl (by request), no chocolate strawberries/pillow chocolates, after dinner mints).  No stationary (Hotel Manager said no one wanted them any more/I do).  No canvas Princess bag but given blue bag.  No sewing kits. No postcards.  No playing cards (long gone).

Very sad.  Ten plus years ago we had free Internet in our suite, but that has been long gone.  Oh, and corsages and boutonnières on one formal night.

37 minutes ago, waltd said:

Just off the Majestic.   They hid ours in the closet.  It was clipped to the hanger they hang the dry-cleaning bag to. 

Not hiding anywhere on the Grand this October.  Received shower cap, emory board, and tube lotion (no bag).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

We got that blue toiletries bag on Majestic in late October but don’t know if it was only provided to elite level passengers & It didn’t contain many items. We’ve received the same bag with those items (plus masks, earplugs, socks) when flying in a premium class cabin.

AF1E5A8B-79B1-4546-9C3C-445386B59E96.jpeg

8 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We received everything in your photo along with a loofah, lotion, and a sewing kit.

Ditto -- and here are the loofah/lotion/sewing kit:

image.thumb.png.91f5102a8883c5ba93d38887b17264ac.png

• Like 1

Our bags missed the ship one year and when customer services realised we had no toiletries they gave us that blue toiletries bag, it had toothbrush toothpaste, shaver and foam, comb, deodorant etc. Was quite a lifesaver until we were reunited with our bags a couple of days later.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

On the Sky we got the cheap tote bag. We are Elite and didn’t get any up grade bathroom amenities.  No swag bag, no flowers, no chocolate no stationery and we were in  a big Aft suite. It’s so sad. 

Same here

10 hours ago, waltd said:

Sorry Coral.   I thought that is the bag you were talking about.   Me bad.  Or I'm just old. 😪

No worries - I thought I hadn't received any bags. Yesterday was such a long day as I flew the day off and got up at 3 am.

We were on the Regal, back to back 14 days for the vow renewal February 2020 and we had all the amenities ( we did have the orchid not cut flowers. ) this time we had plastic plants. I particularly hate the all purpose goop instead of  conditioner and bar soap. We used the stationery to give additional tips and write a note. 

• Like 1

Cruising for us should have the fine elegant touches that we don’t receive in everyday life. Princess still has the most beautiful ships and terrific staff but everything else has been shaved away. The food in the main dining room ( club class) was often barely ok . Only a few tried and trues like pasta were good. The meat was inedible. The staff was trying so hard. They tried to steer you away from the worst. I still get thrills when we hear the love boat theme blown on the ships horn but since we cruise suites now ( closer to the end than the beginning) we want more. 

On 12/20/2021 at 10:14 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

All of those suite amenities were done away with BEFORE the pandemic (2019).  Elite and upgraded suite items are still given out (without the gold bag).  Q-tips are by request. Floral arrangements have been replaced by an orchid plant. No more fruit bowl (by request), no chocolate strawberries/pillow chocolates, after dinner mints).  No stationary (Hotel Manager said no one wanted them any more/I do).  No canvas Princess bag but given blue bag.  No sewing kits. No postcards.  No playing cards (long gone).

We are in a suite on CB this week. We received a fruit bowl and chocolate covered strawberries the first night

• Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 3:14 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

Good, so much less waste!

• Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 7:13 AM, Treasure Hunter said:

Cruising for us should have the fine elegant touches that we don’t receive in everyday life. Princess still has the most beautiful ships and terrific staff but everything else has been shaved away. The food in the main dining room ( club class) was often barely ok . Only a few tried and trues like pasta were good. The meat was inedible. The staff was trying so hard. They tried to steer you away from the worst. I still get thrills when we hear the love boat theme blown on the ships horn but since we cruise suites now ( closer to the end than the beginning) we want more. 

I suspect that some of the problems are due to logistics. Princess uses specific logistic companies to supply victuals. These companies basically cut back their contracts during the hiatus in sailing. It is taking time for them to ramp up again.

On 12/20/2021 at 3:42 PM, justafem said:

So they're giving out toiletry bags instead of shopping bags now?  That'll be useful in port (sarcasm font)

Only if you're special. We didn't get any Princess bags. Perhaps there is a supply issue due to the pandemic.

On 12/20/2021 at 8:27 PM, waltd said:

Just off the Majestic.   They hid ours in the closet.  It was clipped to the hanger they hang the dry-cleaning bag to. 

Our normal blue shopping bag was also there.  Used it for my last night stuff getting off the ship.  At home, we sometimes use them as grocery bags until they rip.  Which they do.

And we did get the organza bag, but it had a loofah, lotion and something else, not the usual array we used to get.  I forgot to take it home.  I did ask my steward for conditioner and he said they're not supposed to give it out, but he gave it to me anyway.

Edited by abbydancer
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 8:39 PM, Coral said:

Just looked. I have the old blue bag in that location.....

I wonder why they’re putting them in the closet? We were in a mini suite and the little blue bag was left on that shelf by the mirror when you first walk into the room. The blue beach bags were left on our beds.  My friend gave me hers. I love those bags.