Forward elevators on the meraviglia

FrostyJoe

The bank of forward elevators are actually 6 (3 each port and starboard).  The most forward port and starboard (closest to Broadway Theater) are YC Priority when activated by a YC cruise card.  The only elevator that is completely YC exclusive is inside the Yacht Club and only services decks 14 to 19 inside the Yacht Club.

The apparent 4 elevator shafts you see further forward are clearly crew-only service elevators.

Dennis

Edited by kelleherdl

2 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

The YC only guest elevator is across from the circular stairway.

Ah!!  I see that single elevator now 🙂 I wasn't sure about those crew elevators before since I didn't notice that small YC elevator before.

Any idea where the muster station is for deck 12 fwd cabins?  I presume it'd be at Broadway theatre?  Also, what do they do for muster if you can't take the stairs to/from deck 12?  Do they make exceptions to take the elevator?

Sorry FrostyJoe, I do not know the specifics of you muster station.  It will be on your cruise card and on the door inside your cabin.  

I only use the stairs for muster drills, but I know you can identify yourself to muster guides if you need assistance.

Dennis

• 1 year later...
On 12/21/2021 at 7:55 PM, rkacruiser said:

As a YC guest on this ship, I found it most difficult to use any priority elevator service from the foyer outside the Main Theater.  

I myeslf have accidently stepped in the elevator with y/c guests when I havent been staying in, and I have also had the reverse happen. I have had people step in and disrupt the priority service for me as well. There have been times I have gone up the glass elevators midships and walked across the deck to avoid this. 

6 hours ago, dexddd said:

Mera's YC elevators work pretty good.  Just don't know which side it will be until it arrives.

3 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Commandeering the elevator is the best.  Great perk.  🙂

Knowing which elevators to commandeer is helpful. Some are more receptive than others (the butlers know which are the best ones). Meraviglia's aren't great but they work. 

4 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Knowing which elevators to commandeer is helpful. Some are more receptive than others (the butlers know which are the best ones). Meraviglia's aren't great but they work. 

it has usually been the most forward starbord one right off the theatre

Edited by UPNYGuy

It is only the most forward elevator one on each side of the ship that has the card reader in the elevator car. The card scanner at the call buttons is just for those two cars as well. 

When you swipe in the car it wipes out the other calls that have been punched and the next floor button pressed is where the elevator is going first. Of course, you punch your floor and someone else in the car punches a floor below the destination you punched after your swipe the car will stop there first. 

This is from my experience, further testing is needed. 

3 hours ago, Brighton Line said:

It is only the most forward elevator one on each side of the ship that has the card reader in the elevator car. The card scanner at the call buttons is just for those two cars as well. 

When you swipe in the car it wipes out the other calls that have been punched and the next floor button pressed is where the elevator is going first. Of course, you punch your floor and someone else in the car punches a floor below the destination you punched after your swipe the car will stop there first. 

This is from my experience, further testing is needed. 

You'll need a grant and team of students to figure out how it works on their ships.