How does Cunard Queen Elizabeth compare to P and O?

Interestedcruisefan

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Am I correct in thinking that with Britannia Club cabins you are allocated a specific table for your dedicated use throughout the entire cruise and that you can use it for breakfast, lunch and dinner (if you so wish) at any time to suit? If correct, that would appeal to us as it has all the advantages of Freedom Dining but without having to wait. Obviously you would lose the ability to share a table, which we sometimes enjoy but most likely wouldn’t do nowadays due to the added risk of quarantine if a table companion tested positive!

Yes that is correct Britannia Club you have a dedicated table for your use for the whole cruise with flexibility to dine at a time what suits you within restaurant opening hours.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Britannia club was perfect. When I travel or cruising in particular, I dont know such a word as "expensive". Why choosing something cheap and ordinary when travelling if you can do and try the same things at home? When you are on board of the magnificent ship - you have to try the best places

How does Britannia Club dining compare to speciality dining?

30 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

For some reason I completely missed your post before I posted a question about Britannia Club. That sounds ideal for us as well. We use the MDR for breakfast every day, for lunch most sea days and dinner unless we go to a Select Dining venue, so we would like having our own table and dedicated waiters, as long as both were good! 

Major Tom has clarified.The package comes with a balcony cabin and the club dining room.You can see the MD and request a 2top or a shared table.Our waiters knew all our preferences and especially at breakfast our favourite smoothies and tea were served straight away.Even on a 8top you can turn up when you want.The 8top behind us had one bloke who went on a bit and over the 18 days people turned up at different times.Love people watching/listening,lol.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

The menu for Verandah Club is as follows off Cunard website-https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/marketing-assets/pdf/life-on-board/example-menus/verandah-dinner.pdf and never been in but on QV/QE looks a very nice restaurant and if my memory serves me right it costs either $45pp or $49 and is of a higher standard than dining in Britannia Club.

4 hours ago, Britboys said:

Yes and no. Depends on the grade of cabin you book. Britannia is the standard mdr and if you are in a slightly more expensive cabin, you are in Britannia Club, the upper level of the Britannia. Mostly the same menu but the surroundings are a bit more intimate and you can eat any time during meal service.

Only the Club Dining room is different-the Balcony cabins are exactly the same.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Csardas said:

Only the Club Dining room is different-the Balcony cabins are exactly the same.

I should add that the cheapest grill suites are not suites.There were a bunch of Princess grill cabins a few doors up from us.Exactly the same as ours but more midships.

6 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I should add that the cheapest grill suites are not suites.There were a bunch of Princess grill cabins a few doors up from us.Exactly the same as ours but more midships.

Correction,I've just looked at the deck plans and they are deeper than balcony cabins.They looked the same when we walked past and peered in.

17 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

The best, in my view, Britannia Club experience is on Queen Victoria due to the very contemporary design of the restaurant.  Nicer in fact than the Grills.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Princess Grill suites midships on QE/QV are bigger than Balcony cabins as having done both on QE in last 5 months. Also the food is far superior in Princess Grill than Britannia and coffees/tea/hot chocolate are free all day in Queens Lounge.

34 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Princess Grill suites midships on QE/QV are bigger than Balcony cabins as having done both on QE in last 5 months. Also the food is far superior in Princess Grill than Britannia and coffees/tea/hot chocolate are free all day in Queens Lounge.

I know, I corrected my mistake on the next post.

Edited by brian1

On 12/21/2021 at 1:19 PM, lolabarola said:

According to latest news in the Express  up to 1000 people have been offloaded into quarantine in New York from Queen Mary....bit worrying! 

You need to read it again ..The Express quoted 60+

The actual total is 10 , although I agree  ten is far too many .   

Just now, Bell Boy said:

You need to read it again ..The Express quoted 60+

The actual total is 10 , although I agree  ten is far too many .   

It's spin about 10 though as well

10 positive cases yes

But that leads to far far more contacts having to quarantine and self isolate etc 

I imagine 60 is the number who had to quarantine because of the 10 positives

Hence the different numbers being quoted by passengers and the ship

6 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

It's spin about 10 though as well

10 positive cases yes

But that leads to far far more contacts having to quarantine and self isolate etc 

I imagine 60 is the number who had to quarantine because of the 10 positives

Hence the different numbers being quoted by passengers and the ship

But the 60 that have ben quarantined have not yet tested positive for Covid they have just been as a precautionary measure as a close contact of those who are positive.

9 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

But the 60 that have ben quarantined have not yet tested positive for Covid they have just been as a precautionary measure as a close contact of those who are positive.

On or off the boat?

And let's not forget you aren't going to have families heading on to Caribbean leaving positive members of the family behind in Brookkyn even if they were allowed to stay on the boat after being a close contact but getting a negative test

One positive is impacting far more people than one passenger

Ps with the 60 I'm assuming are the 10 positives 

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

1 hour ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

On or off the boat?

And let's not forget you aren't going to have families heading on to Caribbean leaving positive members of the family behind in Brookkyn even if they were allowed to stay on the boat after being a close contact but getting a negative test

One positive is impacting far more people than one passenger

Ps with the 60 I'm assuming are the 10 positives 

According to Cunard reports 10 with Covid have been disembarked and are isolating in a hotel in Brooklyn. Report states-Queen Mary 2 arrived in New York City, carrying 1,473 guests. During routine testing, 10 guests (0.7%) tested positive for COVID-19 and are being disembarked in New York City in line with our framework of protocols and due to the length and complexity of the onward itinerary, which includes a number of Caribbean ports of call and countries. Whilst the guests who have tested positive have disembarked, in line with approved protocols, all guests remaining on board will be tested again in the coming days.

Edited by majortom10

22 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Rule 1: check your sources before you believe any 'facts'.

Rule 2: if it was the Express they're  likely to be completely made up.

To be fair Harry, Sky News reported 60 passengers and they are usually pretty reliable. Good news that it was only 10 passengers, although doubtless the number whose holidays were curtailed would have been more than that, as presumably other family members would have disembarked as well (unless the 10 were fortuitously just 5 couples)! Of course, some spouses may have just carried on with their cruise!