Rotterdam Christmas, Dec 22, 2021 - Jan 2, 2022

richwmn

20 hours ago, ger_77 said:

I love HAL’s Wiener schnitzel!!!

As do I!  Usually, it is such a large portion that I cannot eat it all.

20 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I went into club orange one night on the koningsdam and the special was veal cutlet I was told.  Sold, I’ll have that.  Turned out to be a veal chop.  It was tasty for sure but it was no veal cutlet

The definition of some of HAL's veal entrees leaves much to be desired.  I ordered Rack of Veal on the Volendam and was served a veal "item" that was not a "Rack".  When I questioned my Steward about this when he served it, I was informed that "the bones had been removed".  😲  I think it was a Veal Cutlet, was very good, but, since it was Second Sitting, I assumed that the Rack of Veal had been previously consumed by the earlier guests.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

As do I!  Usually, it is such a large portion that I cannot eat it all.

The definition of some of HAL's veal entrees leaves much to be desired.  I ordered Rack of Veal on the Volendam and was served a veal "item" that was not a "Rack".  When I questioned my Steward about this when he served it, I was informed that "the bones had been removed".  😲  I think it was a Veal Cutlet, was very good, but, since it was Second Sitting, I assumed that the Rack of Veal had been previously consumed by the earlier guests.  

But, since I'm not cooking, my attitude is quite different and definitely less discerning. Lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, albingirl said:

But, since I'm not cooking, my attitude is quite different and definitely less discerning. Lol.

Agree.  As long as the veal is properly prepared, I will enjoy it.  A veal entree is not on my menu at home.  

• Like 4

Wiener schnitzel: one of my favorites. Not offered during my Rotterdam cruise on 12/01/21. Would have ordered it. In Vienna in 2016, my wife and I found a local gasthaus near our hotel and ordered what turned out to wiener schnitzel that was as large as the 12-inch plate on which it was served. Went back a second night and shared ONE.

Jim

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jim - I was on that cruise as well, and we did have weiner schnitzel.  The first time was in the Lido at dinner, during the first half of the cruise (maybe 3rd or 4th night).  It was not in MDR that night.  However, the final night of the cruise it was on the MDR menu.  We were in Canaletto that night (for the 2nd time - it's that good) so none of us actually laid eyes on any weiner schnitzel that night - just assumed the menu was correct.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1