Rotterdam Christmas, Dec 22, 2021 - Jan 2, 2022

richwmn

An announcement was made a few minutes ago that we could leave the ship to shop in the port area. About a minute later, a second announcement said that we could take government approved excursions.

Ya just never not what is going to happen right now.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Last night was good, trivia was interesting and the company was great. Thanks to Sharon, Joy, and Allen for participating. We had a good time even if the outcome was known in advance.

Today is Bridgetown Barbados.

Due to Covid, we are restricted to HAL or Government Accepted Excursions here and I suspect many will stay on board again. Not a problem since there are still things to do.

Just after I hit submit for this post they announced (8am) that all vaccinated passengers would be allowed to go ashore for independent visits.

1227Activities.thumb.jpg.1b40c63c17136715d960810cc3229ef5.jpg

Day6Menu1.thumb.png.5977bdac408357d668dcdce0ce04069c.png

Day6Menu2.thumb.png.956da71a9f9a8401b2fc9c9520242fb2.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Are there any afternoon movies on the tv?

44 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

I believe the movies are on demand.  Watch what you want, whenever you want.  There's no schedule you have to meet.

Sue/WDW1972

that is correct and there is a pretty good selection

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The entertainment on the World Stage was very good tonight, but maybe a bit unusual. When the show was announced the Entertainment Director, or whatever they are called now, made it seem like something put together because a couple of the Step One Dancers were unable to perform. So the pianists from Billboard put on a very good show with 4 of the dancers and one of the singers from B. B. King. However, with the graphics being shown on the big screens it is hard to believe they just threw it together. Again, it was very good and the best so far.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, richwmn said:

that is correct and there is a pretty good selection

I’m surprised to hear that.  I’m not much of a show person but I’ll like crawling in bed at night and watching a movie.  Usually there is a pretty good selection but not in November.  I mean they  had 9 to 5 as one of the movies.  That’s  got to be at least 30 years old.  Reminded me of the DVD selection they used to have.  Are there any movie from 2020 or 2021?  Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’m surprised to hear that.  I’m not much of a show person but I’ll like crawling in bed at night and watching a movie.  Usually there is a pretty good selection but not in November.  I mean they  had 9 to 5 as one of the movies.  That’s  got to be at least 30 years old.  Reminded me of the DVD selection they used to have.  Are there any movie from 2020 or 2021?  Thanks.

There are over 200 movies to select from, so I believe my statement is correct. However, if you are looking for recent movies you are out of luck. I doubt that any of the movies are newer than about 5 years ago and the list includes Breakfast at Tiffanys and It's a Wonderful Life, both of which are 60 years old or more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, richwmn said:

The entertainment on the World Stage was very good tonight, but maybe a bit unusual. When the show was announced the Entertainment Director, or whatever they are called now, made it seem like something put together because a couple of the Step One Dancers were unable to perform. So the pianists from Billboard put on a very good show with 4 of the dancers and one of the singers from B. B. King. However, with the graphics being shown on the big screens it is hard to believe they just threw it together. Again, it was very good and the best so far.

That show was part of the regular schedule when we sailed on the Rotterdam a few weeks ago.  We found it to be really good.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

Rich, there was regular show with the dancers, Billboard on Board performers and the female singer when we were on Koningsdam.  They probably just had to restage the show since two dancers were missing.  That happens when a performer misses a show.

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Coming into Roseau, Dominica this morning

Good pictures of the approach to Roseau.  It was a new port for us.  We had off and on showers while there and rainbows galore!  They entertained us all day long. 🌈

• Like 1

9 hours ago, richwmn said:

There are over 200 movies to select from, so I believe my statement is correct. However, if you are looking for recent movies you are out of luck. I doubt that any of the movies are newer than about 5 years ago and the list includes Breakfast at Tiffanys and It's a Wonderful Life, both of which are 60 years old or more.

Thank you.  I was hoping something changed since November.

Been behind but catching up.  Very much enjoying your Live thread as well as the Daily-ites joining in. 🙂

Well done and sounds like it is an interesting conundrum on who can go ashore and changes every few minutes.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, richwmn said:

We saw this show on Rotterdam in early December, so it definitely wasn't thrown together 😉  I liked including the pianists and BB Kings vocalist.  I think this one was called In Tandem, but I'm not 100% certain.  We enjoyed it!

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 2