Rotterdam Christmas, Dec 22, 2021 - Jan 2, 2022

richwmn

10 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

I see on that list of today's activities that the Magic of Jeff Peterson is on the World Stage this evening. I saw Jeff and his Coton De Tulear dogs years ago on the Veendam. I'd be curious if he is still performing his magic with the dogs or solo?

I knew that I had seen Jeff's show before so I made it a point to go to the first show last night. He seemed to have a bit of trouble 'finding himself' and I didn't realize until I saw this post that he didn't have the dogs. That might have been part of the difference. The show was still ok.

• Like 3

Today is another day At Sea, heading for Sint Maarten. I went to several trivia sessions yesterday and did ok, nothing near the top. I sat for the Billboard Pianos for a bit and they were pretty good and seemed to engage the crowd. I then went to the Comedy show (see previous post).

This morning's breakfast was very nice sitting with @AV8TRIX.

Here is today's activity list

211224Act.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, richwmn said:

and tonight's menu

I very strongly recommend against ordering the Roasted Goose.  I ordered that entree during one cruise and suffered much gastric distress for several hours afterwards.  Not a Christmas Eve Dinner to remember with fondness!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Blessed Christmas to our friends here on the Rotterdam and those reading from their arm chairs!

As you can see from Rich's Daily, we are headed to Sint Maarten this morning. The sea days have been smooth with a teeny bit of liquid sunshine a time or two.

Last night we played Trivia a few times. Thankful to Rich for answering most of the questions. Our dinner in MDR was very good. I had the goose (no issues like rkacruiser above) Allen had the pork belly and he said it was moist and enjoyed it.

Just as we were headed to the Crows Nest for our night cap, we met Sharon and Craig for a drink as they were preparing to go down to dinner. They looked very pretty/dapper.

We were supposed to go on the Panoramic Drive but got a call there was a transportation issue and we canceled. No problem!

Wishing everyone a lovely Christmas Day. Xx

• Like 12

1 minute ago, richwmn said:

Copper, nice to see your post. Hope you and your 'child bride' are doing well

Doing well here and about to join R-dam's older sister K-dam in San Diego tomorrow for New Years. You enjoy yourself and keep having a great time! 😎

• Like 6

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

What device are you using to view CC?

aproximately 8 year old  AMD series ASUS  desk top computer that was built for me by a friend who has a part time computer repair business.

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 1

A note on today's activities.

As many of you know, I play trivia regularly. On this voyage it has been fun, with Joy, Allen, Sharon, and others joining me on various days. We have done well, but haven't won.

The service on this cruse has been very good. Everyone seems to be in a good mood and happy to be at sea again. There have been no announcement, or rumors that I have heard, about problems and we have now visited our first stop. So far, so good.

Tonight's show was again a comedian, his name - Michael Harrison. Hailing from Canada he also seemed to be a little off. Maybe the audiences are not quite ready for the comedy routines that have been offered. I thought about trying the second show to see if it was different but didn't manage it. Like so many other things, the forced hiatus may also have been part of the problem. A performer needs the audience to keep their act sharp and many have not had that opportunity.

Meals were again good today.

I hope everyone has had a good Christmas

Rich

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Tonight's show was again a comedian, his name - Michael Harrison. Hailing from Canada he also seemed to be a little off. Maybe the audiences are not quite ready for the comedy routines that have been offered. ........................

I sure do miss Barnaby! He was a crowd pleaser "It's all part of the act, folks" as he was trying to catch plates while on his unicycle and playing the kazoo 😂 May he Rest in Peace! 

Barnaby.jpg

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 3

Merry Christmas to all. We watched a movie last night. " Captain Courageous" starring Robert Urich and the Rotterdam had a small part in the making of the movie. There was a shout out to HAL in the credits.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, richwmn said:

As many of you know, I play trivia regularly. On this voyage it has been fun, with Joy, Allen, Sharon, and others joining me on various days. We have done well, but haven't won.

Rich

Rich could have joined (another group) but chose to keep our kooky group. Now that's loyalty to our Daily-ites! 

• Like 7