Wifi Cost when Upgrading from Princess Plus AND Platinum (50% discount)

heathriel

So, I've searched every which way I can, and I just can't find the answer to this one:

I have Princess Plus with the wifi (1 device) included for each person for my upcoming 10-day sailing. Both of us in the cabin are Platinum members, and at least one of us will want to upgrade to the 4 device option (probably both of us, actually) as we'll *both* be using our laptop, phone and smart watches at the same time all cruise. (We work remotely, so this isn't technically a vacation, just a change of scenery.)

So ---

Does anyone have any idea what the cost is for this? Will they charge the full $99 fee as if we didn't already have an internet package? Or is there a pro-rated price for the upgrade, and then they give a 50% discount on that? Or is the discount (and upgrade) moot because we have Princess Plus?

Help me, Obi Wan.

I see this in the MedallionClass app for a 7 day cruise next summer:

IMG_1258.jpeg.84bde4eed78b27ab3aac7617c2547db0.jpeg

So it's $10/day to upgrade.  I assume I'd get the Platinum/Elite discount as an onboard credit unless they fix the app to reflect the discount before then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heathriel said:

Right, but because I already have wifi purchased (included with Princess Plus), I don't know what the cost is for the upgrade. I don't even see the option when I login since it says I have wifi already.

Grr, this is the third time I am trying to post this.

As you will have seen by now, several have posted the upcharge from 1-device to 4-devices is $10/day.  You will be offered that option when you first attempt to connect to MedallionNet on board.  You will get 50% off the rate due to your CC status.

If one of you upgrades, you will have a total of 5 devices can be active at once.  You share your credentials with each other.  You can login to a new device and system will note if you are maxed out and ask you which of the other live devices you want disconnected. 

I always order a 4-device plan as it costs same as two single-device plans (we don't do the PLUS).  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skynight said:

If you pre buy one 4 device package you should be able to operate 6 devices at once.

I believe the platinum discount can apply if purchased on board on boarding day. Can someone confirm? That way you can discuss the best options.

Close, but only 5 devices with one 4-device plan and one single-device plan.

3 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Currently on the Enchanted Princess 10 day cruise.  Daughter, Elite with the Princess Plus package, decided to upgrade to the 4 device plan.  She was charged an additional $50 to do this for this cruise.

That is what should happen.  It will help those who like to hear what should happen actually does happen.