Recent expiration date on Emed shipped tests?

We're sailing in February and again late April and want to know if we order the Binax tests from Optum in 3 pack will we be able to use the 3rd for our later cruise?  Website says tests may expire as soon as Feb 3, but does that take into account the FDA 3month extension? 

Thanks 

16 minutes ago, cookiersmom said:

We're sailing in February and again late April and want to know if we order the Binax tests from Optum in 3 pack will we be able to use the 3rd for our later cruise? 

The most recent reports suggest they have new stock with 12/2022 expirations. 

Interesting.  I know y said emed, but Optum says theirs may expire as early as Feb 3.  Hmmm.   I don’t see anywhere on the eMed site saying possible expiration dates.

Erika

Edited by birdylady

1 minute ago, birdylady said:

Interesting.  I know y said emed, but Optum says theirs may expire as early as Feb 3.  Hmmm.   I don’t see anywhere on the eMed site saying possible expiration dates.

Erika

I tried emailing them to see what the expiration dates were on the ones they are currently selling, but no answer. 

First order had 1/3/22 exp dates (including extension).  I was refunded for those since they would expire before my cruise.  
I just received my 2nd order with exp dates of 12/22.  They were just manufactured in early December 2021.   The packaging looks slightly different-no sleeve over box. 
(ordered 2-packs from Royal’s link to Optum both times.)

Edited by SheSailsFL
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

I tried emailing them to see what the expiration dates were on the ones they are currently selling, but no answer. 

I tried emailing as well and never received a reply so I called them. I asked if the test still expire in February and the guy said they have test that expire October or later. Then I asked...if I order today, is there still a chance I could get one that expires in February and he said...yes 

2 minutes ago, J&L~SetSail said:

I tried emailing as well and never received a reply so I called them. I asked if the test still expire in February and the guy said they have test that expire October or later. Then I asked...if I order today, is there still a chance I could get one that expires in February and he said...yes 

I got burnt by them once already on almost expired tests. They ended up taking them back, but I don’t want to take the chance of that happening again. That’s why I tried to get a solid answer. 

On 12/22/2021 at 5:58 PM, suzyluvs2cruise said:

6  EMed tests delivered on Monday, 12/20 with Manufacture date of 12/8/21 and Expiration date of 11/20/22.

EMed tests.jpg

Interesting. Was just looking at your pic comparing to mine. You're was created one day before mine and expires 2 weeks after mine. Makes you wonder how they decide these dates.  I'm glad mine expire after our February cruise. Sadly, misses our November cruise by 6 days. 😞

Erika

1 hour ago, birdylady said:

Interesting. Was just looking at your pic comparing to mine. You're was created one day before mine and expires 2 weeks after mine. Makes you wonder how they decide these dates.  I'm glad mine expire after our February cruise. Sadly, misses our November cruise by 6 days. 😞

Erika

I got mine from EMed and you indicated you ordered from Optum. That's probably why ours are different dates. 

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I got mine from EMed and you indicated you ordered from Optum. That's probably why ours are different dates. 

But they are both manufactured by Abbot, right?  And I would think the expiration date should correlate somehow to the manufacture date.   Just guessing.
Erika