COVID test at debarkation?

mac21902

Hello, I saw this article https://www.yahoo.com/news/third-florida-based-cruise-ship-235218363.html and while I understand that a few people out of hundreds on a cruise ship testing positive isn't alarming the part that stood out was the required testing when they returned. Are we required to test before we debark? It's the first I'm hearing of it and it wasn't a requirement on our August cruise. 

Edited by mac21902

As I posted earlier it made my local news here in texas carnival freedom was the 3rd ship to be hit with a covid breakout with a undisclosed number of cases.

News is playing up the undisclosed imo

COVID-19 outbreak took place on a South Florida-based cruise ship for the third time this week, as the number of coronavirus cases in Florida hit its highest level since the start of the pandemic.

An undisclosed number of passengers and crew aboard the Carnival Freedom cruise caught the virus so the ship was denied entry to Bonaire and Aruba, Carnival said in a statement.

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

As I posted earlier it made my local news here in texas carnival freedom was the 3rd ship to be hit with a covid breakout with a undisclosed number of cases.

News is playing up the undisclosed imo

COVID-19 outbreak took place on a South Florida-based cruise ship for the third time this week, as the number of coronavirus cases in Florida hit its highest level since the start of the pandemic.

An undisclosed number of passengers and crew aboard the Carnival Freedom cruise caught the virus so the ship was denied entry to Bonaire and Aruba, Carnival said in a statement.

Exactly! If we test before we board the ship, how did passengers later test positive while onboard the ship? I understand the crew tests weekly but did passengers get sick on board then they were tested?

39 minutes ago, mac21902 said:

Exactly! If we test before we board the ship, how did passengers later test positive while onboard the ship? I understand the crew tests weekly but did passengers get sick on board then they were tested?

Royal was testing people who asked for it like to fly back to canada. I think jan 5th they are discontinuing the testing. This is a current thread where a canadian got the test and tested positive and then rcl has to deal with the positive test. ... so they are going to stop testing and canadians have to get their own test ... like on carnival now. .. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Royal was testing people who asked for it like to fly back to canada. I think jan 5th they are discontinuing the testing. This is a current thread where a canadian got the test and tested positive and then rcl has to deal with the positive test. ... so they are going to stop testing and canadians have to get their own test ... like on carnival now. .. 

Here is the current Celebrity Cruises policy on testing of passengers who are required to test before boarding international flights.9327A43F-6F16-4A5F-A053-48BFA277D79D.thumb.png.91ac3e407424c8375350c64ff75a62d9.png

With Carnival unvaccinated cruisers have to take a covid test before embarkation and at debarkation. And that’s in addition to the pre-cruise Covid-19 test that’s required of all cruisers a couple days before their sail date. Except unvaccinated cruisers can test up to 3 days prior. So this article may have been referring to unvaccinated cruisers that are required to test upon debarkation. Vaccinated cruisers aren’t required to test at debarkation, only the unvaccinated.