RCCL Leaving Vancouver and returning to Seattle, Confused and need help please?

mikil321

Frankly I'm shocked at the number of posters who, rather than providing the answer to a rather simple question have suggested an alternative gift. I wonder if any of these posters bothered to check availability or pricing of the suggested alternatives? Let alone considered how rude and hurtful the action might be perceived by the giver.

3 hours ago, broberts said:

I wonder if any of these posters bothered to check availability or pricing of the suggested alternatives? Let alone considered how rude and hurtful the action might be perceived by the giver.

Did you check the availability and pricing? Since the OP didn't supply the dates or cabin category, that would be quite a feat. I believe the suggestions were for the same line, destination, and cruise length,  however. How do you know a Vancouver return might not be cheaper?

Mightn"t it also be possible that the gifters had not considered the complexities of the cross border return when buying this cruise? And that they might be quite happy to change the booking to facilitate an easier trip for the OP, once this was explained to them? It's not as if they were going to cancel it, take the money and blow it all on a weekend in Vegas. 

While not in the same $$$$ bracket, if someone gave me a clothing item that didn't fit me, I somehow doubt they'd get their shorts in a knot if I exchanged it for one that fit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, broberts said:

Frankly I'm shocked at the number of posters who, rather than providing the answer to a rather simple question have suggested an alternative gift.

I think that's a bit unfair.  The gift was a Royal Caribbean cruise to Alaska.  Nobody is suggesting a week in Barbados instead, all the discussion has been focussed on Royal Caribbean to Alaska.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 7:47 PM, stefndoug said:

drives me nuts that the news always says PCR and never mentions the others...which you can easily find for free in most US states...just means a little research.  So far haven't had to pay for any of our rapid tests to get back home to Canada.

Yeh only problem is a couple of thousands Canadians are coming off the cruise ship in Seattle and EVERYONE will be scrambling for a test??? Good Luck All

1 minute ago, mikil321 said:

Yeh only problem is a couple of thousands Canadians are coming off the cruise ship in Seattle and EVERYONE will be scrambling for a test??? Good Luck All

Yup...but at least there are options.

Ok People I thin we are going OFF TOPIC here. I would like to thanks everyone for their attempts to answer my questions There has been AMAZING answers given to this topic.We are STILL going onto the cruise and now have alot more insight into WHAT to do and how to do it. I would like to thank everyone once again Thanks and EVERYONE stay safe have a fun time cruising!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mikil321 said:

Yes and thanks again for your valuable input Much appreciated Mike and Family

Walgreens has the Rapid ID Now...right now you can only book 7 days in advance.  Not sure if CVS has any Rapid PCR options in Seattle, but I think they do, and you can book 13 days in advance (we are using them for Hawaii next week for our test).  Princess still says they will do the test for people that need to have one to get back home, but by May (when we go), that might change, so we will see what we do.  There is also a couple "at home" style tests you can do that will work for Canada.  Switch Health has one called a Lamp Test, and there is another company that does one, but I can't remember what it is called, but Westjet recommends them.

It is my understanding that they cannot stop you from returning to Canada test or no test. The only thing you will face is quarantine. I am on a cruise from LA to Vancouver in April, we stop Overnight in San Fran and then a day of cruising before Victoria and then on to Vancouver. The logistics are complex. To get on the ship its antigen to stop in Victoria its? To get off in Vancouver PCR or other method but not antigen. Any suggestions?

17 minutes ago, tottenhamfc said:

It is my understanding that they cannot stop you from returning to Canada test or no test. The only thing you will face is quarantine. I am on a cruise from LA to Vancouver in April, we stop Overnight in San Fran and then a day of cruising before Victoria and then on to Vancouver. The logistics are complex. To get on the ship its antigen to stop in Victoria its? To get off in Vancouver PCR or other method but not antigen. Any suggestions?

Sounds like we are on the same cruise, I'm mildly interested in what will happen there too. We are hoping to disembark in Victoria, rather than go to Vancouver and have to come back home. I was wondering how the testing would work when arriving in Victoria. I would hope the test we took on the ship the day before would suffice.

Apparently RCL will not allow disembarking at any ports other than the disembarkation port. This is a new policy that I read on another thread. Also the issue before victoria is there is a sea day in between San Fran so we would have to be tested there as they do not test onboard. I am thinking there may have to be a provision for this cruise. Maybe you can do a bit of detective work with the Port Authority in Victoria. It would seem very unfair to allow International guests a provision and then force Canadians to have a PCR test. 

5 minutes ago, tottenhamfc said:

Apparently RCL will not allow disembarking at any ports other than the disembarkation port. This is a new policy that I read on another thread. Also the issue before victoria is there is a sea day in between San Fran so we would have to be tested there as they do not test onboard. I am thinking there may have to be a provision for this cruise. Maybe you can do a bit of detective work with the Port Authority in Victoria. It would seem very unfair to allow International guests a provision and then force Canadians to have a PCR test. 

I am also on a Mexico cruise La to La one week before with a one day break in between so really a jigsaw puzzle for us. We live in Tsawwassen so close to you.

Edited by tottenhamfc

I got my boards mixed up (another senior moment) we are Viking Orion in early April. We know it has been possible in the past with some lines but of course that was before the plague. I think it should be possible, it seems a waste of time to cruise overnight to Vancouver and then pay to come back home to Victoria.

Edited by Blackduck59

17 hours ago, tottenhamfc said:

How strict are they with this? I have done this with NCL in the past.  The NCL head office response has already been we don't normally do this and it is subject to local boarder regulations, you need to ask once your on the ship.  Once on the ship they have been more flexible.     

Edited by em-sk