Need some help with Dining Reservations

We are scheduled to sail on the Breakaway out of NOLA on January 16, 2022 (wearing our masks) 

We are booked in a Haven Suite

We currently have Specialty Dining reservations for 4 nights - for the two of us - our friend is booked in a balcony suite - we want to amend our dining reservations from two to three (to include her) = also have some questions about the two "free" Specialty Dining we are supposed to both have with our promo pkg.

Is there a particular Haven Concierge email that we should send our questions, etc. to ? Phone number seems to have a very long wait to actually talk to anyone (unless there is a special number ?) Or - do we need to have all of this done through our TA ?

THANKS 

Also - we haven't received our luggage tags yet (we are 21 days out) - any idea on that ?

42 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

We are scheduled to sail on the Breakaway out of NOLA on January 16, 2022 (wearing our masks) 

We are booked in a Haven Suite

We currently have Specialty Dining reservations for 4 nights - for the two of us - our friend is booked in a balcony suite - we want to amend our dining reservations from two to three (to include her) = also have some questions about the two "free" Specialty Dining we are supposed to both have with our promo pkg.

Is there a particular Haven Concierge email that we should send our questions, etc. to ? Phone number seems to have a very long wait to actually talk to anyone (unless there is a special number ?) Or - do we need to have all of this done through our TA ?

THANKS 

Also - we haven't received our luggage tags yet (we are 21 days out) - any idea on that ?

At this point you may not get luggage tags or a letter from the Concierge. A Week before cruise, print the tags in your edocs. 

Normally, the pre-concierge can not do anything you can’t do yourself. I.e., if you can not book a table for 3 or 4 online, then they are sold out and the pre-concierge wont be able to do it either. Reservations opened 130 days to cruise and most popular restaurants are sold out by now. 

Call the pre concierge at 1-855-625-4283

Best advice, as soon as you embark, go to the concierge desk. Sort out your entertainment (main theater shows, comedy shows, dinner shows) and then fix all of your dining around that. Early on embarkation day, the concierge staff at the desk will be able to get reservations in any restaurant at any time. Once they totally oversell a restaurant, even the concierge won’t be able to get you a table. 

What questions do you have about Specialty Dining?

Edited by BirdTravels

9 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

At this point you may not get luggage tags or a letter from the Concierge. A Week before cruise, print the tags in your edocs. 

Normally, the pre-concierge can not do anything you can’t do yourself. I.e., if you can not book a table for 3 or 4 online, then they are sold out and the pre-concierge wont be able to do it either. Reservations opened 130 days to cruise and most popular restaurants are sold out by now. 

While it may be the case that the pre-concierge cannot book a sold out restaurant time for you, my experience was that I requested the change to our reservations via email to pre-concierge and upon boarding the ship the concierge handed me a new list of reservations that met our requests.  What I suspect happens is that the concierge grabs the reservations for you on embarkation day once they open up.  

As to luggage tags, we have not  received them for our 1/22 cruise yet.  I contacted the pre-concierge, they asked for a mailing address (odd...), said they would send them "again" and that luggage tags were mailed out on Fridays.  Clearly one can print their own but I guess I want whatever is supposed to be sent to me.

If we were to book a Haven Suite relatively last minute (say 4 to 6 weeks before the cruise).  Are you saying that the specialty dining may be booked up?  That the Concierge cannot get us in?  

I have not cruised on Norwegian for many years, but my understanding is that we have to prepay gratuities for specialty dining....how is this handled if we're shut out?

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Best advice, as soon as you embark, go to the concierge desk. Sort out your entertainment (main theater shows, comedy shows, dinner shows) and then fix all of your dining around that. Early on embarkation day, the concierge staff at the desk will be able to get reservations in any restaurant at any time. Once they totally oversell a restaurant, even the concierge won’t be able to get you a table. 

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The question that I had about Specialty Dining was how to amend our current reservations for a parties of 2 - to parties of 3 - and how to contact whom ever could help with that

57 minutes ago, mafig said:

If we were to book a Haven Suite relatively last minute (say 4 to 6 weeks before the cruise).  Are you saying that the specialty dining may be booked up?  That the Concierge cannot get us in?  

I have not cruised on Norwegian for many years, but my understanding is that we have to prepay gratuities for specialty dining....how is this handled if we're shut out?

The spaces opened up for online ordering may have all been taken, but a significant proportion of spaces are kept for booking onboard. There should be no problem getting reservations after boarding.