Why Nassau instead of Coco Cay?

footeam

I am on the 1/15 Odyssey sailing. Grand Cayman was supposed to be our first stop, but of course that was cancelled and replaced with Nassau. II assumed that was because Coco Cay already had ships, but see no others there on 1/16. Is there some reason they would choose Nassau if CC is available? 

I hate to sound like I'm a conspiracy theorist. I might offer that they make money docking in "CoCo Cay" when people get off and disembark and spend their money with RCCL. In Nassau people disembark the ship and the money stays on the island, not RCCL's pocket.

Please don't hate... I'm Diamond Plus and LOVE RCCL. I'm just offering another possible reason.

2 minutes ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

I hate to sound like I'm a conspiracy theorist. I might offer that they make money docking in "CoCo Cay" when people get off and disembark and spend their money with RCCL. In Nassau people disembark the ship and the money stays on the island, not RCCL's pocket.

Please don't hate... I'm Diamond Plus and LOVE RCCL. I'm just offering another possible reason.

It's not a crime post what you think and if need be not always agree on what Royal Caribbean is doing. You are not going to lose your Diamond Plus status.

12 minutes ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

The OP mentioned that the substitute port will be Nassau and NOT Coca Cay.  So your conspiracy theory is invalid 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

But the question was, why are the stopping at Nassau instead of Coco Cay