Final payment changed to 30 days, a question

newcruzer2

I was making a mock booking to check for price drops and it seems royal NOW has a final payment in April for our May 2022 cruise.

Would this be available to people who booked thru a TA? Another words if I called my TA tomorrow would they adjust my final payment according? (Instead of Jan 29th) and if they adjust the date, I guess my booking will remain a refundable deposit (just the date changed), correct?

I have a cruise booked on the Harmony for early Apr 2022 and the final payment is fast approaching.  I read about the change to the final payment date so asked my TA about changes.  The TA replied that there had been no changes.  I then pointed out that there have been news articles written about the change and discussion about the change here in CC.  She still said there was no change although she did indicate that she will again contact RCI.  

A change to the final payment will provide a bit of breathing room.  

Despite the Cruise with Confidence program I would rather cancel.  I have booked 3 cabins for ourselves, adult daughter/grand-daughter and adult son as a gift.  Under the program if I have to cancel the amount paid will become FCC ... but that FCC is not in my name (as the person who paid) but in the names of the registered passengers.  However, under the same policy if I had to cancel within 48 hrs due to one of the party contracting COVID then the full amount is refunded - and the TA told me that it is refunded to the credit card used for the payment.  If the money comes back to the person who paid for the cancellation within 48hrs, why is the FCC not credited to the person who actually paid for the cabins?

Thank you all for your replys. I will contact my big box TA today, I was hoping their website would automatically adjust the date because they don't allow email and hold times are BAD. But if on the off chance they won't update the new date, I'd rather cancel  and rebook thru Royal.

When Royal changed the payment date for my February cruise I just emailed my TA and she sent me a new invoice indicating the new payment date.  I did have to contact her but once I did she quickly responded that yes it had been changed and sent over the new documents.

28 minutes ago, nessachelle said:

When Royal changed the payment date for my February cruise I just emailed my TA and she sent me a new invoice indicating the new payment date.  I did have to contact her but once I did she quickly responded that yes it had been changed and sent over the new documents.

Agree. I Booked all mine on Royal Site. When Final's changed called Automated Site ordering all new Invoices with the new dates...

It seems to me it would be in the travel agent's best interest to match the final payment date to what Royal Caribbean has. The reason Royal Caribbean is doing this is to prevent mass cancellations of April and May bookings. Cruisers are getting nervous. Any travel agent that doesn't do the same is just asking for cancellations.