The age old question…to book or wait…sigh.

01Sweetpea

I REALLY want to book the 3/4 Celebrity Equinox 9 night cruise going to Grand Cayman, and the ABC Islands, specifically looking at the cruise for the ABC ports.  When I was originally looking at the sailing back in early November there were only 2 or 3 veranda cabins left, now there are a good 50+ Cabins available.  Either people are cancelling or Celebrity was holding cabins back.  

The thought of being in the Caribbean in early March vs cold gloomy NY is a HUGE plus, but having the ship skip the ports or not being able to get off unless you are on a ship sponsored tour (which I’m guessing is limited) is what is holding me back. 

I am sailing on Reflection in three weeks to escape cold, gloomy Chicago.  The chances are pretty good that at least one port will be missed, but I am willing to take the chance.  We have Celebrity excursions booked for three of the four stops.  

A cruise ship is my happy place and I can't wait to board!

Good luck and enjoy!

• Like 1

I think Iola has explained their reason for booking.   Agree that the OP hasn't asked a question.  Each person needs to make their own decision as to how flexible they are in the current Covid wave.  We are comfortable dealing with possible changes that restrict cruising and for Grand Cayman hope for a change that opens it to cruising.

Sure seems there is no hurry to make a decision.

Somehow this posted before I finished typing and can’t figure out how to edit.

Would you go ahead and book knowing you can postpone to a later date?  Or wait it out for a while longer and see what happens in the world? 

5 minutes ago, 01Sweetpea said:

Somehow this posted before I finished typing and can’t figure out how to edit.

Would you go ahead and book knowing you can postpone to a later date?  Or wait it out for a while longer and see what happens in the world? 

IMO only you can answer that question for you.  What any of us does is based on our personal comfort level, risk v reward.  Good luck making YOUR decision.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 01Sweetpea said:

I REALLY want to book the 3/4 Celebrity Equinox 9 night cruise going to Grand Cayman, and the ABC Islands, specifically looking at the cruise for the ABC ports.  When I was originally looking at the sailing back in early November there were only 2 or 3 veranda cabins left, now there are a good 50+ Cabins available.  Either people are cancelling or Celebrity was holding cabins back.  

The thought of being in the Caribbean in early March vs cold gloomy NY is a HUGE plus, but having the ship skip the ports or not being able to get off unless you are on a ship sponsored tour (which I’m guessing is limited) is what is holding me back. 

During a pandemic, never book a cruise for the ports, nothing is a guarantee right now. Ports are closing to cruise ships daily. 

For the OP, to Edit your post that’s been added, tap the 3 dots in the top righthand side *** and the ‘Edit’ is there. Tap that and your post opens up and you add/subtract, then tap the Save and all is fine…..usually.

den

On the Celebrity website, it continues to show the ‘Cruise With Confidence’ is available for bookings prior to 31 Jan 2022. You have until 48hrs prior to cancel for any reason and you’ll get your full fare in a Future Cruise Credit. So the OP appears to be considering a cruise in early 2022 and has legit concerns, so I’d assume a later Celebrity cruise would be fine……so the OP can book now and if they decide not to cruise because things continue to get dicey, they can back out. If the cruise is cancelled, they get the full refund back. ‘

We cruised in late Nov 2021 and mainly cruised to enjoy the ship, and only went ashore in one of the 3 ports - our choice. 

Den

9 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

For the OP, to Edit your post that’s been added, tap the 3 dots in the top righthand side *** and the ‘Edit’ is there. Tap that and your post opens up and you add/subtract, then tap the Save and all is fine…..usually.

den

I thought that only worked if no one has read your posts yet...at least that's how it worked when I tried to edit some posts in the past.

2 minutes ago, cluso said:

I thought that only worked if no one has read your posts yet...at least that's how it worked when I tried to edit some posts in the past.

Nope. Ive seen immediate errors on my post and I’ve edited it right after posting, even with an Original Post. My experience at least. Up to 15min within the post.

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1

Just now, Denny01 said:

Nope. Ive seen immediate errors on my post and I’ve edited it right after posting, even with an Original Post. My experience at least. 

I think it has a 15 minute window, otherwise I'd be in the penalty box much more than I already have.

• Haha 1

Just now, Denny01 said:

Nope. Ive seen immediate errors on my post and I’ve edited it right after posting, even with an Original Post. My experience at least. 

Yep, that's what I mean.  After someone has read it the "Edit" option disappears.  I just checked some of my other posts and it's gone.

1 minute ago, cluso said:

Maybe that is the qualifier...🧐

Think so. I’ve Edited a post even after someone added a Smiley Face or such to it, and even quoted it. If it was within a short time, I could edit it even then. 

Den

7 minutes ago, 01Sweetpea said:

Looks like we are going to wait.  🤷‍♀️  To much uncertainty. 

It is your decision and all of us are having thoughts on what to do right now.   With the CDC just moving the risk level for cruising yesterday from 3 to 4 and issuing new verbiage negative to cruising, then there is a chance that cruising might become disrupted again soon to some extent.  And the CSO is scheduled to expire Jan 15th, or be renewed (or strengthened?).    Anyway there is a lot of uncertainty right now as you say.  At the very least expect positive cases on board increasing and ports having increased restrictions.  As for me, I have decided to cruise from now on in the COVID low trough periods (probably May-Oct).