Jewel of the Seas - December 30

35 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

Okay. Just came off of Oasis and they have a Cafe Latitudes on deck 5 and a separate Park Cafe on deck 8. So it's all combined on the Jewel?

Yes.  This ship is quite a bit smaller.  You can also find snacks in Solarium, 6:30 am - 9:30 am, 3-6 pm, 9 pm-2 am.

Cafe Latte-tudes, 6:30 am to 11 pm

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

News... we're supposed to be in Cartegana today,. Captain just announced that it won't happen.  The country is now requiring pcr tests of everyone taken 72 hours before arrival.  Obviously that's not possible when we are notified just hours before arrival.  Oh well. Nothing to do about it.

On another note, we were given info yesterday about turnover day and our appointment for our covid test the day before arrival in Miami.  Given our new wristbands,  green for next cruise. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 10:23 PM, FlyOverGirl said:

I just asked - he hasn't learned it. It was a good exchange - who said he'd learn it? I let him know we talk so I also couldn't say he played it when he hadn't.

Whoever is on next is up for requesting it.

We're on b2b.  Will ask.  🙂

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

News... we're supposed to be in Cartegana today,. Captain just announced that it won't happen.  The country is now requiring pcr tests of everyone taken 72 hours before arrival.  Obviously that's not possible when we are notified just hours before arrival.  Oh well. Nothing to do about it.

On another note, we were given info yesterday about turnover day and our appointment for our covid test the day before arrival in Miami.  Given our new wristbands,  green for next cruise. 

Word is we will be able to port in Aruba for our overnight.   They did add activities and open all 3 specialty restaurants for lunch.

Specialty are taking very limited numbers so if interested good idea to book either in advance or as soon as you board.

Very much miss some of the usual activities but it's pretty clear it's in an effort to keep people from congregating. Music through out the ship is very good.  Wine list is meh.  Good cross selection but very limited and nothing (reasonably priced) of special interest in the specialty.  To my taste anyway.   Can always find something. 

Very happy that while we no longer have the Diamond unltd drinks during happy hour, being able to order whatever up to $13 covers quite a number of better options.

Slightly over 200 D/D+ but only 12 pinnacle.  Love being able to hang in the Vortex in the crown.

Very impressed with the general positive attitude of crew.  Giovanni, the hotel director is personable and visible.  Capt/staff Capt are required to stay isolated from passengers.

Crew are not allowed to leave the ship.  Bring wrapped chocolate for sharing.   Meant to ask if there was anything we could pick up in Port but forgot in Costa Rica and Panama.

Crew is very visible cleaning/sanitizing.  Jewel in wonderful shape,  just sad there isn't time/manpower to clean balcony or crown glass so it's a bit salty.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Yes.  This ship is quite a bit smaller.  You can also find snacks in Solarium, 6:30 am - 9:30 am, 3-6 pm, 9 pm-2 am.

Cafe Latte-tudes, 6:30 am to 11 pm

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much. Sailing on the Jewel for the first time this March. Looking forward to it and hoping Antigua is open by then.

14 minutes ago, amonaghan said:

Word is we will be able to port in Aruba for our overnight.   They did add activities and open all 3 specialty restaurants for lunch.

Specialty are taking very limited numbers so if interested good idea to book either in advance or as soon as you board.

Very much miss some of the usual activities but it's pretty clear it's in an effort to keep people from congregating. Music through out the ship is very good.  Wine list is meh.  Good cross selection but very limited and nothing (reasonably priced) of special interest in the specialty.  To my taste anyway.   Can always find something. 

Very happy that while we no longer have the Diamond unltd drinks during happy hour, being able to order whatever up to $13 covers quite a number of better options.

Slightly over 200 D/D+ but only 12 pinnacle.  Love being able to hang in the Vortex in the crown.

Very impressed with the general positive attitude of crew.  Giovanni, the hotel director is personable and visible.  Capt/staff Capt are required to stay isolated from passengers.

Crew are not allowed to leave the ship.  Bring wrapped chocolate for sharing.   Meant to ask if there was anything we could pick up in Port but forgot in Costa Rica and Panama.

Crew is very visible cleaning/sanitizing.  Jewel in wonderful shape,  just sad there isn't time/manpower to clean balcony or crown glass so it's a bit salty.

Will have to look for you.  Usually head up to diamond lounge by 6, with 8 pm dinner.  Ask Anna to point us out, Ricki and Barry.  9650.

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Will have to look for you.  Usually head up to diamond lounge by 6, with 8 pm dinner.  Ask Anna to point us out, Ricki and Barry.  9650.

Can you come up a bit earlier?  We have dinner at 6:15.  We usually sit in Vortex by the windows.  Andrea & Roger with our friends Geof & Kathy.  I have a silver Quantum lanyard and Roger has a red Allure. 

8 minutes ago, amonaghan said:

Can you come up a bit earlier?  We have dinner at 6:15.  We usually sit in Vortex by the windows.  Andrea & Roger with our friends Geof & Kathy.  I have a silver Quantum lanyard and Roger has a red Allure. 

We'll aim for 5.  Did we talk in the lounge earlier,  about the dog?  Spoke with someone who had a Quantum lanyard. 

Girlfriend and I set to board Jewel on Sunday 1/9. Hoping for a good cruise as it’s her first. We will be there as long as we test negative on the 48 hr test. Fingers crossed… I just want to show her a good vacation. Does the ship feel empty? 

5 hours ago, Flaps_15 said:

Girlfriend and I set to board Jewel on Sunday 1/9. Hoping for a good cruise as it’s her first. We will be there as long as we test negative on the 48 hr test. Fingers crossed… I just want to show her a good vacation. Does the ship feel empty? 

No.  But definitely not crowded.  She's a good size and at a reduced capacity, I feel less concerned.

3 hours ago, melbur said:

Following.

Boarding Sunday for the 9th and 15th b2b.  Just received notice my beach shorex in Antigua has been "mass cancelled" as the email states. Where to now? 

I’ve  booked a tour in Antigua and haven’t (yet) got a cancellation. Also doing b2b for 9th and 15th. Seems like quite a few consecutive cruisers.

19 minutes ago, SummerBeee said:

I’ve  booked a tour in Antigua and haven’t (yet) got a cancellation. Also doing b2b for 9th and 15th. Seems like quite a few consecutive cruisers.

Confused. That port must be on your 1/15 cruise?  Not on 1/9.

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

She seems to be doing "crazy Ivans" out there on the way to Aruba - someone over board, picking up some fleeing Venezuelans?

image.png.d6cd3e4b194271db2b52f903c981a755.png

Dh has asked the same question.  We were sitting on the aft of WJ and wondering.  Maybe time to kill. We had time as we had been turned away from Cartegania.   No idea. Pure speculation. 

56 minutes ago, clearlake_cruiser said:

Can anyone onboard Jewel provide the current passenger count? We're booked on 1/15 sailing and curious to hear that data point. Thanks

Don't know.  If I get a chance I will ask.  WJ never crowded nor I'd mdr.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, clearlake_cruiser said:

Can anyone onboard Jewel provide the current passenger count? We're booked on 1/15 sailing and curious to hear that data point. Thanks

I'd love the same for the 1/29 sailing, if anyone is able to provide it.   Thanks!