CDC Advisory, No Sail - Price Reduction Question

JamesEM

Just have your agent keep monitoring like normal or yourself if booked direct. Also don’t forget the CDC also has the entire US also at a Level 4 as well (the media usually never mentions that little tidbit)

Map of US in dark red like Level 4 in key  -
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html

• Like 2

Copied this from another post, I hope I am permitted to do that 🙂

Here is the link to the CDC website:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-cruise-ship

Here are the relevant sections (bolding is from the CDC statement. not me ;-).

• If you travel on a cruise ship, make sure you are fully vaccinated before travel and get a COVID-19 vaccine booster dose if you are eligible.
  • People who go on a cruise should get tested 1–3 days before their trip and 3–5 days after their trip, regardless of vaccination status or symptoms.
  • Along with testing, passengers who are not fully vaccinated should self-quarantine for a full 5 days after cruise travel.  

I can see some cruises being reduced like 2 or 3 months from now but not  reducing prices before then because right now they do want passenger counts being reduced because they have seen how bad it got when they raised the passengers count during this recent outbreak.

90 days out yes, before then no

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I can see some cruises being reduced like 2 or 3 months from now but not  reducing prices before then because right now they do want passenger counts being reduced because they have seen how bad it got when they raised the passengers count during this recent outbreak.

In my experience it's been the opposite.  Just repriced for Jan 29 and got almost half of my fare back.  Price has doubled for our March cruise and is about $100-$200 more for our May one.  May just depend on the ship and itinerary though.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, badvector said:

In my experience it's been the opposite.  Just repriced for Jan 29 and got almost half of my fare back.  Price has doubled for our March cruise and is about $100-$200 more for our May one.  May just depend on the ship and itinerary though.

I found the same savings on my Jan 30 cruise.  Literally 3 days before final payment was another 300.00 savings for a total of 1045.00 for my GTY balcony  for everything. Gratuity and ins.   1/2 of what I was paying in 2021 for the same cruise.  That’s why nothings gonna stop me from going on this trip. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

2 to 3 months out is Spring Break peak season so I would only expect prices to spike.

1 hour ago, badvector said:

May I ask which ship? I checked fares this morning for our Jan 29 Symphony online, no change that I can see.

12 minutes ago, tbo said:

May I ask which ship? I checked fares this morning for our Jan 29 Symphony online, no change that I can see.

From what I can see rcl has prices locked in place thru next Monday. Prices are not changing I'm watching. I would check in after this sale.

Those posters dont say prices just dropped ..just that they dropped. I've never seen rcl lock prices like I'm seeing right now. Dont change at all during the holidays. ..at least what I'm watching.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, badvector said:

Yes, Dec had lot Drops Jan also. Also scored Reductions on three April 2022 Cruises last week, Hundreds more saved, all had reductions when Delta was peaking also. Seen few Sailings for March also dropped with more Cabins available then was last 6 months. This on couple Ships been watching/thinking about Booking. 

5 hours ago, tbo said:

Odyssey Jan 29 sailing.  Posted it on the roll call and others were able to reprice as well.

edited to add I noticed the price change this past Monday (12/27)

Edited by badvector
add info
  • Thanks 1

Can you get a price adjustment if there are no more cabins in your category left? For example, my March cruise has no Junior Suites available for me to book.

Also, can you get a price adjustment after final payment?

We are sailing in April and looking forward to it as it was a lift and shift from last year. 

First off it seems the CDC doesn't the cruise industry. They call them a floating petri dish. I think the cruise industry has taken the biggest hit of all. Completely at a standstill for 18 months Yet the airlines, trains and every other business could move forward. None of them even the airlines had to jump through hoops and the standards the cruise industry had to.

This was from a poster yesterday that was quarantined "a press release from Royal that says first half year bookings are below historical booking numbers (that’s obviously an average though) and that only 1725 of 1.1m have tested positive (on board) since the restart"

After reading what they went through after testing positive didn't seem like fun BUT RCCL paid for alot of the quarantine care after getting off the ship as they and others couldn't fly. Was it their fault they got Covid? Who knows..

As far as watching for lower fares, I will not even try as our cruise is paid in full and they need the money. I will pay for my drinks and tip well. 

I want the cruise industry to stay in business so I will help them anyway I can.

That being said, I am shop sales and hardly pay full price but at times I have too.

3 hours ago, gracia98 said:

Can you get a price adjustment if there are no more cabins in your category left? For example, my March cruise has no Junior Suites available for me to book.

Also, can you get a price adjustment after final payment?

Yes...just call and a price check can be done.

Yes...it will be OBC.

On 12/31/2021 at 9:26 AM, tbo said:

I’m on the 1/29 Symphony and the price has not changed since 12/24- I’m watching the pricing for the park balcony on a regular basis.

im happy the cabin next to me is not sold lol

• Like 1