Health questionnaire--Covid exposure within 14 days? Does that disqualify a passenger?

CeleBrat

On 12/31/2021 at 7:44 PM, DrSea said:

I'm sorry. I think Carnival should give you your money back.

And to be clear, I don't think you calling the wrong number is your fault. It's Carnival's fault for not meeting the surge in volume of calls and having tons of dropped calls. I think Carnival is engaging in a watered down version of victim blaming by penalizing you financially. A pandemic is going on after all.

I agree.  Full refund.  

OP, I'd suggest tagging Carnival on social media/Twitter and describing, politely but firmly, exactly what happened and the partial refund that Carnival gave you, while giving full refunds or FCC to anyone else who contacted them.  It just ain't right.   

Hopefully, someone from the line will reach out to you.   

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 1:07 PM, CeleBrat said:

UPDATE--I was able to get through, and have been cancelled.  They do not allow you to plead your case.  They just say 'You cannot go."  I agree.

Please be aware though, I did not receive a full refund, despite the fact that Carnival is currently giving "no questions asked full refunds due to Covid surge."  Because I did not opt to cancel through the swamped line, and instead admitted I have a medical reason for not being able to go, they've refunded the cruise option, and converted the taxes into future credit, which must be booked within 90 days for a cruise anytime until 9/30.  It's kind of frustrating, but what can you do?

Regarding the bold:  To Keels81's first point, are you sure they didn't refund the taxes and port fees and give you FCC for the cruise fare?  That was my experience with multiple cruises cancelled during 2020.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theduck57 said:

Ive been reading all the posts but i dont see what the phone number to call listed. What is the number to call to cancel

It's the main number listed on the carnival site. But good luck getting through. They have been swamped with calls and usually you can't even queue for a rep to talk to.

On 12/31/2021 at 11:11 AM, kym05 said:

Just A little confusing given the new CDC guidelines for individuals who are triple boosted and contract Covid. My wife was infected with, Covid, tested positive. She is triple boosted, 4 days later PCR test came up negative. She waited 2 more days to do another test, same, negative. Sad that they don't allow the cruise industry to follow the same guidelines.  

private companies can always have more restrictive requirements than the CDC recommendations. CDC has moved to a 5 day isolation but my employer still won’t allow you in the workplace until 10 days have passed. They are free to do that just like carnival can use 14 days for exposures.

On 12/31/2021 at 8:28 PM, valandemmy said:

Well were screwed then.  I'm a Nurse Practitioner who works our walk-in clinic and currently seeing about 40 pts per day with COVID.  So, technically I am exposed every day, even though I wear full PPE/N95/Gown, etc.  

I guess I should start looking for an alternative vacation (supposed to be leaving in 30 days)

‘exposure’ to covid is usually a medical term, not the causal term. If you are in full PPE, you would have been ‘exposed’, and as a medical professional I would think you would know that.

On 12/31/2021 at 10:12 AM, firefly333 said:

Any yes answer means you dont board. Easy

Does that mean that nurses, doctors, assistants can not cruise. Some come in contact everyday. Of course they also are more cautious about infection control than most, so their chances are probably lower than the cashier at the store. How about ambulance medics of fire fighter medics? I would think that a yes would not necessarily disqualify you from cruising. 

3 minutes ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

Does that mean that nurses, doctors, assistants can not cruise. Some come in contact everyday. Of course they also are more cautious about infection control than most, so their chances are probably lower than the cashier at the store. How about ambulance medics of fire fighter medics? I would think that a yes would not necessarily disqualify you from cruising. 

I dont think carnival is prepared to decide if one pax has more risk than another. Good luck getting a exception.

On land having covid gives you good antibodies but doesnt count to cruise. 

On 12/31/2021 at 6:46 PM, keels81 said:

That's really strange because for any and all cancelations (even non-Covid), taxes and port fees are the only things you can guarantee get refunded in "cash" while cruise fare can range from FCC to cash.

I canceled one back in November due to an exposure and they just gave me the full amount in a complete refund to my CC, no questions asked. I was fully expecting an FCC, so that was a pleasant surprise. Also took less than 10 minutes from the time I called to when everything was processed.

I booked through a travel agent and not Carnival? Do I cancel with the agent or with carnival?

2 hours ago, sanger727 said:

‘exposure’ to covid is usually a medical term, not the causal term. If you are in full PPE, you would have been ‘exposed’, and as a medical professional I would think you would know that.

(cdc defines exposure)
DEFINITION
Exposure

Contact with infectious agents (bacteria or viruses) in a manner that promotes transmission and increases the likelihood of disease.

10 hours a day dealing with COVID positive pts, full PPE or not, you still have to change gowns, gloves, facemasks. Yeah, I think that counts as exposure.  

Hello whats the number you guys are talking about to get the proper refund or where is it on the site?

I have to cancel due to covid for my parents and we bought carnival insurance too but I want to try to to get the full refund instead of the 75%.

Thanks!

Edited by mindwip

10 hours ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

I booked through a travel agent and not Carnival? Do I cancel with the agent or with carnival?

I think through your TA has to do this, I'm not sure if Carnival would do it. Maybe since travel agents are so difficult to get ahold of right now and timing is important they could step in. 

11 hours ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

“Normally” you would have to go through your TA. Call Carnival ( be prepared to be on hold 2-2 1/2 hours) being things aren’t normal they might help.

• Like 1