Less than 21 days... give me your best Haven advice!

Matt&Heather

Myself and three very good friends are finally able to take our long awaited, multiple times rescheduled vacation.  We board the Getaway later this month and are so excited.

We are exhausted ICU & ED nurses and so we splurged on a Haven cabin with a large balcony.  Would love your best tips on how to maximize our Haven experience. Trying to stay in the bubble as much as possible, although we did book Cagney's and Teppanyaki (we did those on a previous cruise and loved it).

Your experience and advice is VERY appreciated.  No idea when we will be able to get away again and need to recharge and refill our tanks as much as possible, so leaning on some of you who have learned how to make the most of your Haven time.

Thanks in advance!

you know, i hadn't even thought about it from that angle... darn it.  but we loved the meal last time. I know part of the allure of Teppanyaki is the "show," but is there a way for us to have the meal delivered to our cabin? I feel like i remember seeing that you could order "room service" from the restaurants?

38 minutes ago, Matt&Heather said:

Myself and three very good friends are finally able to take our long awaited, multiple times rescheduled vacation.  We board the Getaway later this month and are so excited.

We are exhausted ICU & ED nurses and so we splurged on a Haven cabin with a large balcony.  Would love your best tips on how to maximize our Haven experience. Trying to stay in the bubble as much as possible, although we did book Cagney's and Teppanyaki (we did those on a previous cruise and loved it).

Your experience and advice is VERY appreciated.  No idea when we will be able to get away again and need to recharge and refill our tanks as much as possible, so leaning on some of you who have learned how to make the most of your Haven time.

Thanks in advance!

You can have your Butler serve your specialty meals in your cabin.

• Like 1

Look for the restaurants that have outdoor seating on the waterfront and ask the Haven concierge on the first day to book those for you. As Haven  guests, you will have priority. Less exposure when eating outside. 

With all that is happening right now, I really hope you get to go on your cruise and have a great time. Thank you for all you do! 

• Like 4

Thank you so much.  I really hope we get to, as well.  Some really much needed downtime. Initially we had booked for the stops, now honestly it doesn't even really matter so much if we even get off the ship at all.  Just rest. And sun. (we are New Englanders)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt&Heather said:

We are exhausted ICU & ED nurses

First off - thank you for your tireless effort these past 2 years, I can't imagine what you've been through.

Second, see if this thread helps - 

• Like 1

As said above - thank you so much for what you do.  You DESERVE the Haven.  My only advice is to just take it all in and enjoy it and relax.  We got an upgrade years ago before the bidding process and have never booked anything else.  We are hopefully cruising 1/22 on a back to back on Joy and have no plans to leave the ship at all.  Hope you have an excellent journey!!!!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hallux said:

First off - thank you for your tireless effort these past 2 years, I can't imagine what you've been through.

Second, see if this thread helps - 

I am the op-ed on this article above.  Please ask any questions you like.  Let me know the ship you are on.  Thank you and your entire time for what you do for all of us.

Cruise well.

Thanks everyone. We are on the Getaway Southern Caribbean 1/19.  Thank you for the thread link- will check that out as soon as the coffee finishes brewing- I'm heading in for a four night holiday weekend stretch starting tonight, so I'm pre-caffeinating early. 🙂

I know I speak for my other three friends when I say we've never been so exhausted, physically and emotionally. So booking the Haven was beneficial in two ways, really: giving us an extra luxurious vacation and also a little bit of a bubble of less risk because we will return back to the bedside when we come home.

Edited by Matt&Heather
  • Like 1

God bless all of you for your perseverance. We could not have come this far without you. The Haven is just like heaven and you all most certainly deserve it. You will be pampered and your every wish fulfilled. Perhaps take in a spa day for more pampering. Wishing you good weather and smooth sailing.