Walgreen's ID Now test

wardwhitty

Our Walgreens test on Christmas Eve for the Dec. 26 sailing of a Carnival ship took less than 4 hours to get the results back to us.  For our October sailing it was faster, more like the 45 minutes you mentioned.  The current times are still fast, just not as speedy as earlier before Omicron. 

5 minutes ago, satbeachbill said:

What's  the ID Now test? I don't see it listed on the Carnival site as an accepted test. We cruise in Feb and want to use Walgreens too. Just want  to do the right test and not mess up. Appt needed for Walgreens?

It is not expressed as the ID NOW test on Carnival’s website but after reading through a plethora of Carnival posts I came to realize it is acceptable and used it prior to a November cruise, worked great, got results in two hours, gulf coast of Florida. 

2 minutes ago, cellfree said:

It is not expressed as the ID NOW test on Carnival’s website but after reading through a plethora of Carnival posts I came to realize it is acceptable and used it prior to a November cruise, worked great, got results in two hours, gulf coast of Florida. 

Perfect - thanks

1 hour ago, wardwhitty said:

We sail next week on the 9th and are scheduled for the ID Now test on Friday the 7th.  Just wondering what the result times are right now.  I took it before my Mardi Gras cruise in September and had the results back within 45 minutes.

I got my results back in less than an hour today for the ID now one. He told me about 4 hours tho.

Is this considered a free test like most tests are at pharmacies or is this considered one of those unique tests that you need to actually pay for? We are located in Texas and Covid tests are pretty much free everywhere, it's the rapid ones that you typically have to pay for. 

If so, what does it cost?

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Alekezam said:

Is this considered a free test like most tests are at pharmacies or is this considered one of those unique tests that you need to actually pay for? We are located in Texas and Covid tests are pretty much free everywhere, it's the rapid ones that you typically have to pay for. 

Thanks!

It was free in both Nebraska and Florida for me, I believe it should be everywhere. This was the fastest free option I could find.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alekezam said:

Thanks!

We did it at TX Walgreens for Dec. cruise. 

23 hours ago, cellfree said:

Yes.  We used it for our December 11 Panorama sailing no problem.  Got test results by email in 27 minutes.

Edited by Calnev1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, SOPHIHEYY said:

Took ours today, roughly an hour for each of hours taken at different Walgreens! Sailing 1/2 on the MG 🙂 Make your appt shortly after midnight a week before, they book up fast especially with Omicron.

We sail the MG 1/15, so what day do they update the week before our cruise? Is it the 8th or 9th? We want to test 1/13 as early as possible😁

On 12/31/2021 at 11:07 AM, wardwhitty said:

We sail next week on the 9th and are scheduled for the ID Now test on Friday the 7th.  Just wondering what the result times are right now.  I took it before my Mardi Gras cruise in September and had the results back within 45 minutes.

We sail tomorrow (Jan 2); took ID Now yesterday (Dec 31) at 9:30 AM; had the results by 10:15 am

19 hours ago, FloridaMomKW said:

We sail the MG 1/15, so what day do they update the week before our cruise? Is it the 8th or 9th? We want to test 1/13 as early as possible😁

Right now (in our area) Walgreens is booking appointments 7 days out.  So if that's the case in your area, you would likely be able to book your test on 1/6 for 1/13.  You can check online now to see how far out they're booking.  I always keep an eye on it though, because just a couple months ago they were only booking 2-3 days out.  

• Like 1

Here is my experience with IDNOW testing at Walgreens that I am sharing in case anyone ends up with same problem.

Daughter and I took test at 11/11:15 am in drive thru.  I receive her negative results about an hour later.  By 7pm that night, I had not received mine.  I called the pharmacy I tested at and explained how I received her results and not mine.  I told them I needed proof of negative test for travel so they were able to print the results for me and I went back to the store that night to get the results.

I never did receive an email from Walgreens with my results (and yes, I did check my spam folder too).

I did get a text message from the state health department with link to my results about 36 hours later because Walgreens shares those results with them too.

So if you do test at Walgreens ( or anywhere I guess) and dont end up getting the email with results just call the testing site and see if they can print results for you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

Right now (in our area) Walgreens is booking appointments 7 days out.  So if that's the case in your area, you would likely be able to book your test on 1/6 for 1/13.  You can check online now to see how far out they're booking.  I always keep an eye on it though, because just a couple months ago they were only booking 2-3 days out.  

Thank you! I will check daily, I will relax once we we get the negative email on the 13th😁

• Like 2