Covid Isolation Protocols Changed

Razryn

11 hours ago, D4 said:

I just looked up their policy and posted a snapshot of it.

Even if further quarantine days are no longer required, you’re not allowed to fly on your airline.  So Royal needs to get you home!

Here is the link in case you need to show the Royal people their very own published policy!  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/medical-center

B276D76A-EC20-46EE-9DC9-ADF2AF07DE20.jpeg

Interesting.  It sounds like RCCL has no intention of even looking into whether or not guests qualify for this.  Just give them a "letter" (maybe), and get them off the boat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Interesting.  It sounds like RCCL has no intention of even looking into whether or not guests qualify for this.  Just give them a "letter" (maybe), and get them off the boat.

Sounds like a noro sailing. Everyone on their own at disembarkation. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

That's exactly what it feels like. Get us off the boat and we have to deal with it on our own. No guidance at all.

• Like 1

I am off the ship now but he has not been disembarked yet. It’s 10:30 now. The crowds are getting long for the next sailing already. It seems some Covid guests either leave very early before everyone or very late afterwards.

3 hours ago, Razryn said:

Last night I was pushing for a letter from a medical professional that states he can fly since he’s been quarantined for 5 days (the nurse on duty told me guest services will have this) They did not and I even had them call the medical center while I was up there for the two of them to communicate and it ended with the guest services representative saying he doesn’t know what she’s talk about and they never do that.

Today, boyfriend woke up with some test results today and no explanation. It was the results of Sars-CoV2, Flu A, Flu B, and RSV.

Then next to that list, a column with Normal Range range saying Negative for all 4. Then another column for Results which also say Negative for all 4. 

im very confused!!! Did they mix up his text results?? Then I called the Nurse and she says she was told he tested positive. He only tested once! How can there be conflicting data points for something as serious as this.

That is insane!  I wonder if they produced a false test result document so that he could fly?  That must/should be illegal.

If he never was positive, then they ruined your whole cruise and caused all this stress for nothing!

I am so disappointed and outraged by how crappy RCI has treated passengers like you and Rosy this week!  I pray you both take your cases to the news media and your stories get out there.  Otherwise RCI will just keep reporting that they have protocols in place and Covid cases are being properly handled as they arise.

Edited by D4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Razryn said:

I am off the ship now but he has not been disembarked yet. It’s 10:30 now. The crowds are getting long for the next sailing already. It seems some Covid guests either leave very early before everyone or very late afterwards.

do you have a place to meet him when he is disembarked?  They won’t bring him out through the terminal according to past posters who had positive family members on past threads. 

13 minutes ago, D4 said:

That is insane!  I wonder if they produced a false test result document so that he could fly?  That must/should be illegal.

If he never was positive, then they ruined your whole cruise and caused all this stress for nothing!

I am so disappointed and outraged by how crappy RCI has treated passengers like you and Rosy this week!  I pray you both take your cases to the news media and your stories get out there.  Otherwise RCI will just keep reporting that they have protocols in place and Covid cases are being properly handled as they arise.

I went to the medical center to figure out what was happening. Turns out the letter he received with negative was a “clerical error”. I asked how a clerical error can be possible on such a sensitive matter. What happens is the medical center has the results of the test and they report that to another group that types up the results/enters it into the system. They MANUALLY type up the results as Negative or Positive after receiving the results from the official medical center (unsure if this are communicated verbally or with test results). They stated the last guest had all negatives and somehow the guy put that for us too. The nurse then gave us the same sheet with the results instead stating positive for Covid after she double checked. The fact that different groups control test result information for different aspects is bound to lead to issues

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Razryn said:

I went to the medical center to figure out what was happening. Turns out the letter he received with negative was a “clerical error”. I asked how a clerical error can be possible on such a sensitive matter. What happens is the medical center has the results of the test and they report that to another group that types up the results/enters it into the system. They MANUALLY type up the results as Negative or Positive after receiving the results from the official medical center (unsure if this are communicated verbally or with test results). They stated the last guest had all negatives and somehow the guy put that for us too. The nurse then gave us the same sheet with the results instead stating positive for Covid after she double checked. The fact that different groups control test result information for different aspects is bound to lead to issues

That’s even worse.  I wonder how many clerical errors they are “accidentally” making?  Those “accidental errors” could lead to significant underreporting of positive cases to the CDC.

They probably didn’t let you keep the report showing all negative results?

This just keeps getting worse.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, D4 said:

That’s even worse.  I wonder how many clerical errors they are “accidentally” making?  Those “accidental errors” could lead to significant underreporting of positive cases to the CDC.

They probably didn’t let you keep the report showing all negative results?

This just keeps getting worse.

We actually do have the paper that has all negatives too haha!

55 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Aren't taxes, port fees etc. refunded to your credit card?  

I’m not sure - do we get port fee and taxes refunded if we still went on the cruise? I believe the fare will be pro-rated and given back as a FCC but I assume the taxes would still need to be paid as it wasn’t a monetary refund and we were still on the ship the whole time. I’ll have to call once I’m home and figure it out.

13 hours ago, Rosy Season said:

That's exactly what it feels like. Get us off the boat and we have to deal with it on our own. No guidance at all.

Hey Rosy, great job on your news interview!  I was able to stream WESH and watch it live.  I’m glad they showed a picture of the disgusting hallway.

Threads keep getting shut down.  I had to  look for another thread I remembered you posting on to send you this message.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, D4 said:

Hey Rosy, great job on your news interview!  I was able to stream WESH and watch it live.  I’m glad they showed a picture of the disgusting hallway.

Threads keep getting shut down.  I had to  look for another thread I remembered you posting on to send you this message.

Aww thank you!  Anything with me in it is probably going to get shut down.  Although, it's quite telling that RCCL is not responding to anyone about this.  Not the news, not me, not anyone.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, D4 said:

Around when was the interview?  I am streaming the replay now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

About 6 minutes into the news.  Right after the story about the shooting.

• Thanks 2

@Rosy Season hey .... not sure if this is you,  but by chance did you share a table with me at Rising Tide on day 1 (Dec 19)? I remember your name, which is close to this user name, and that your daughter would join in week 2. If yes, I am so sorry this happened on what was supposed to be your momma daughter time. 

we did end up getting that upgrade and it was interesting .... we had meals in costal kitchen which has limited staff. On day 5, Pj and I were eating dinner and  nearly all wait staff had changed. The hostess told us her colleague was not feeling well. I told pj .... what do you want to bet that they all have Covid? 

we pretty much stayed in the room. We partook in only 1 show; I didn’t want to be packed in with people.

I tested with a self test at home upon our return and was negative. I am starting to commute on a weekly basis now and pj will go back to her unmasked school.... so now we wait and see if it catches us on land. I do agree with you that the Christmas cruise didn’t seem too impacted by Covid. 

best of luck to you both 

Leanna 

Edited by SwissMiss USA
  • Like 2

On 12/31/2021 at 11:52 AM, Razryn said:

Boyfriend tested positive on 12/27 (on day 2 of the sailing!) and we were originally told  he would be in quarantine the rest of the cruise followed by 10 days on land that RCI would arrange.

I had to quarantine for 24 hours, but was actually 20 hours when I tested negative and was released.

Just got a call from them that per new guidance he would be released from quarantine since he had been in isolation for 5 days since he tested positive. No further quarantine is necessary on lane and he would join the rest of the guests for the last day of the cruise. They don’t care that he still has symptoms and will not test him or us again. Although I’m happy his whole cruise won’t be ruined, not sure how I feel about this policy change as a whole. I think at the very least it should be asymptomatic for 5 days.

It could be because the CDC changed the quarantine days from 10 down to 5 days.

10 hours ago, SwissMiss USA said:

@Rosy Season hey .... not sure if this is you,  but by chance did you share a table with me at Rising Tide on day 1 (Dec 19)? I remember your name, which is close to this user name, and that your daughter would join in week 2. If yes, I am so sorry this happened on what was supposed to be your momma daughter time. 

we did end up getting that upgrade and it was interesting .... we had meals in costal kitchen which has limited staff. On day 5, Pj and I were eating dinner and  nearly all wait staff had changed. The hostess told us her colleague was not feeling well. I told pj .... what do you want to bet that they all have Covid? 

we pretty much stayed in the room. We partook in only 1 show; I didn’t want to be packed in with people.

I tested with a self test at home upon our return and was negative. I am starting to commute on a weekly basis now and pj will go back to her unmasked school.... so now we wait and see if it catches us on land. I do agree with you that the Christmas cruise didn’t seem too impacted by Covid. 

best of luck to you both 

Leanna 

Thank was me!  I'm glad you got your upgrade.  We got one too...and then a downgrade lol

23 hours ago, Razryn said:

We were one of the very last to get off at 11 ish.  But there were still people behind me.  I heard them say about 10 more.  I think that was rooms.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

It was pretty benign.  I'm not interested in throwing RCCL under the water but to highlight what I saw and went through.  I gave my opinion on some of the problems with customer service, lack of testing and lack of protocols.  Those were the big problems.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rosy Season said:

It was pretty benign.  I'm not interested in throwing RCCL under the water but to highlight what I saw and went through.  I gave my opinion on some of the problems with customer service, lack of testing and lack of protocols.  Those were the big problems.

I heard it this morning.  It was a pretty superficial interview, they really didn't ask any hard hitting questions.  I wish Royal Caribbean had responded to their request for information.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

I heard it this morning.  It was a pretty superficial interview, they really didn't ask any hard hitting questions.  I wish Royal Caribbean had responded to their request for information.

Me too.  She asked me a bunch on the phone but they kept it clean.  I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that they have no numbers from the CDC yet.  At least the website hasn't been updated.

• Like 2

On 1/1/2022 at 3:15 AM, DallasGuy75219 said:

That written policy includes pro-rated refund if cruise is “cut short” by covid.  I’d interpret that to mean if one leaves the ship early due to covid.  It does not say if one’s enjoyment of the cruise is diminished by covid isolation.  (Not to argue whether there should or should not be a prorated refund for those in quarantine, just that the written policy you cited does not actually address it)

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1