Cheers To You Offer (RU1) Question

ready2cruzagain

I have not sailed Carnival in years but decided to look at their offers. I noticed the Cheers to You offer under the Vifp offers. Is this something that they run often or is it a rarity.  It says to book by Jan. 31, 2022, will they continue to offer it after that or is it like a one time thing?

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Very rare. I have only seen it once in the last 10+ years

and that was earlier this year pandemic related. I took advantage last time and found it again yesterday, the lower RU codes are great though I understand some of the codes didn't save much.  I may take advantage again  but I doubt they will ever do it after the pandemic

• Like 1

I have had it in my offers since last summer. I used it on my booking next week. It expires and then comes back up with a new expiration date. Others in my family have had it and currently have it booked on a couple of cruises. They no longer have to available. Once we used it, it went away for some and not for others. I have no idea how they determine if you still have the offer. There is no way to know if it will renew or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dolfndreams said:

Very rare. I have only seen it once in the last 10+ years

and that was earlier this year pandemic related. I took advantage last time and found it again yesterday, the lower RU codes are great though I understand some of the codes didn't save much.  I may take advantage again  but I doubt they will ever do it after the pandemic

Back at the end of 2020 to get people to book cruises Carnival started to offer the Cheers package as part of the booking of a cruise. It pops up now on selected cruises. 

3 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I have not sailed Carnival in years but decided to look at their offers. I noticed the Cheers to You offer under the Vifp offers. Is this something that they run often or is it a rarity.  It says to book by Jan. 31, 2022, will they continue to offer it after that or is it like a one time thing?

i have it all the time... actually every cruise for past 3 years has been that.   nobody has ever been able to understand who gets these offers or why 🙂

• Like 1

Out of the 3 of us, only one of us had the code.  I have never had it show up under my number, only under my husband's.  We just had to rebook a cruise due to a positive covid test and we were able to use it for one of our cabins.  It was a good deal for us.  

I booked a cruise then noticed I had the offer, was able to move to RU1. My brother didn't have the offer, he did after finishing a cruise with me. Not really sure if the latter had any affect, but noticed it when I was seeing if he had any offers.