I tested positive

1 minute ago, Rosy Season said:

We have NO idea.  That's what's the most frustrating.  It's 8 pm and I don't know where I'm going or how I'm going to get there.  

Sounds like Royal has their hands full right now. Just try to stay calm and hopefully you will hear something soon. 

This really sounds like the ship with the most cases on board yet. Hopefully Royal will have additional help at the port to help everyone tomorrow morning.

Hope everything turns out well for you, feel really bad for you.

Stay safe hope you are feeling better real soon.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, bigeagle12 said:

Symptoms in last 14 days does not automatically disqualify you from boarding.  They will ask you additional questions.  If you have a negative test within 2 days and exhibit no symptoms they would probably let you on.  

Nope, it's a no go.

others on threads have said they answered yes to the question and were taken aside asked questions and ultimately denied boarding.

Why bother getting packed and arrive at port to be turned away?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jimbo said:

Sounds like Royal has their hands full right now. Just try to stay calm and hopefully you will hear something soon. 

This really sounds like the ship with the most cases on board yet. Hopefully Royal will have additional help at the port to help everyone tomorrow morning.

Hope everything turns out well for you, feel really bad for you.

Stay safe hope you are feeling better real soon.

Thank you so much.  I appreciate that.  I'll try and keep it all updated so every has an idea of how the protocols are playing out.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

These numbers would not surprise me in the least. The numbers on land are rocketing, so it’s no surprise that they would on the ship either. The positive items, Omicron has not been as serious as the other versions of Covid.  

Still, who wants to have this happen on their vacation. Not me, and certainly not you. I’m sorry that you are going through this and hope that you child (if I remember correctly) is going through this as best as possible. 

There will be reporting of the numbers to the CDC.  IMO there is just no way that this isn’t part of the return to sailing agreement with the CDC.  Once they hit a set threshold by the CDC then things will change. Isolating positive crew to ships without guests makes it easier to take care of them but also to focus on the infected guests remaining on board. It can possibly allow ships into ports of call by b

If for some reason the numbers are not being tracked and RC just solders on it will bite them and hard. Eventually, and probably sooner than later, they will run out of replacement crew.  That hitting the press will be much worse than what you see happening on board today.  

Noro cruises hit the media, and this will hit even harder. One can just pray that cases remain mild and no one succumbs to Covid on board. That could bring sailings to a quick hault, but certainly a crush by the media. 

Thank you so much!  From what I heard, Carnival is also pulling these shenanigans.  Not sure of any others.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

Yeah they may shut it down.  Honestly, it's not Harmony's fault.  So all the powers that be that are reading this, this ship is doing everything they can. This was on RCCL - doing too much too soon.

We were moved to Covid Row from our room.  They don't mess around.  Once you're positive, you go straight to Covid Row. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. We couldn't even pack up our own room - they send a crew and security to do it.  My understanding is there are several quarantine areas.  A friend of mine was on 9 and they were mixed in with the covid quarantine people - hazmat bags and all.  And then they tested positive.  They are livid.

Usually all positive people go to quarantine near the medical center.  Is that what you are calling covid row?

Strange they would have people quarantine on deck 9 unless they are people considered close contacts doing their quarantine awaiting a negative test.

Or there just are far too many positive cases onboard for them to move everyone for the last full day of the cruise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

Thank you so much!  From what I heard, Carnival is also pulling these shenanigans.  Not sure of any others.

I suspect any lines that have ships available, to which they can isolate staff to and can replace them with healthy crew will do it. Without crew they can not function, and in your situation you see first hand what infection onboard is like with most likely deducted staff. Sill doesn’t make it better for you and others on board. 

I wish there was something I could do to help.  Unfortunately there isn’t but I wish you and your travelling group the best health possible and safe travels back to home.      

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Rosy, we will all say a prayer for you! That you and yours will be safe and be able to get home as quick as possible. 

Just take care of yourselves.

May God Bless!

Thank you!  We're gonna make it!  One more night lol.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Usually all positive people go to quarantine near the medical center.  Is that what you are calling covid row?

Strange they would have people quarantine on deck 9 unless they are people considered close contacts doing their quarantine awaiting a negative test.

Or there just are far too many positive cases onboard for them to move everyone for the last full day of the cruise.

We're past that point now.  We're all over the place.  I'm on 6, others are on 3 and 9.  I think they may have started with 3 and then filled up and had to use other staterooms.

When they moved us from medical they took us through some secret corridors up the secret elevators right to the room.  And sprayed fumigant behind us as we walked through.  No passengers ever saw us.  Very covert.

They are out of space which is why I think there are more cases than they are letting on.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just went to put trash in the hall and saw 8-10 people coming through with the hazmat army.  New recruits to Covid Row on 6.  So 6 isn't full yet but they did just open the wall to the new hallway for more rooms.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No passengers ever saw us.  Very covert.

Actually this is to limit the risk of cross contamination from your group to other guests, as you heading to the quartine area.  

At this point the reality is if you were the only folks on board sick it would make sense.  However there are probably many more passing each other on the other decks who are asymptomatic and are a bigger risk than you are to them. However they are following set protocols as illogical as they seem to be. 

I work in health care and I can understand what they are trying to do, but it sounds like trying to stop a dam break by sticking gum on the hole. Eventually the cement wall is going to break, and from your reports for RC that could be any day now. RC could reduce the pressure going forward by changing their capacity and who gets to sail but it sure doesn’t change what is happening right now on ships

The hardest decision for them to make might be to stop sailings for a month, but they might need to do it to avoid bigger issues.  It could be the best decision to make, even though it is a hard one to make. From reports of folks on board this week and last, it has been far from the “normal” Covid cruises that have been happening since mid summer and no where near cruises pre-Covid. At some point it isn’t going to make sense to sail, and from your descriptions it sounds like that day is near. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Rosy Season said:

I don't think for long.  I think this gets shut down in January.  What we're seeing now is chaos.  You should see the hallway in this Covid area.  It's full of trash and red hazmat bags.  It's gross.

When you open your door to put out your red bag, you should take pictures of that disgusting hallway.  And then share them with news media, the CDC, and us.  Also tell the news media and CDC how they’re not testing people such as you and so many others to keep their counts lower.

I appreciate you sharing all this information with us.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, D4 said:

When you open your door to put out your red bag, you should take pictures of that disgusting hallway.  And then share them with news media, the CDC, and us.  Also tell the news media and CDC how they’re not testing people such as you and so many others to keep their counts lower.

I appreciate you sharing all this information with us.

I think I may actually do that.  It's really gross how they aren't testing.  Maybe I was an isolated case but I'm betting I wasn't.

• Like 1

I think I may actually do that.  It's really gross how they aren't testing.  Maybe I was an isolated case but I'm betting I wasn't.

I'll second that. You aren't the only one reporting not being tested after saying you have symptoms. I doubt my case got reported too. 

18 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Ugh. What a nightmare.  Sorry to hear it.  It sounds like crew numbers are dwindling quickly. How long before they don’t have enough crew to operate ?

Just a matter of time now I believe.

Lets hope Royal  does the right thing "Now" before it really hurts their image.

It's okay to be the first to pause cruising for a month or 2 if that  what it takes to make it safer for both their crew and their customers.

• Like 3

Just now, Rosy Season said:

I’m sure you aren’t the only one.  They’re just trying to keep the count they are required to report as low as possible.

Does your cruise end tomorrow?  Have they told you what to expect? 

How old is your child?  How do they feel?  And how are they handling the quarantine experience?

12 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Actually this is to limit the risk of cross contamination from your group to other guests, as you heading to the quartine area.  

At this point the reality is if you were the only folks on board sick it would make sense.  However there are probably many more passing each other on the other decks who are asymptomatic and are a bigger risk than you are to them. However they are following set protocols as illogical as they seem to be. 

I work in health care and I can understand what they are trying to do, but it sounds like trying to stop a dam break by sticking gum on the hole. Eventually the cement wall is going to break, and from your reports for RC that could be any day now. RC could reduce the pressure going forward by changing their capacity and who gets to sail but it sure doesn’t change what is happening right now on ships

The hardest decision for them to make might be to stop sailings for a month, but they might need to do it to avoid bigger issues.  It could be the best decision to make, even though it is a hard one to make. From reports of folks on board this week and last, it has been far from the “normal” Covid cruises that have been happening since mid summer and no where near cruises pre-Covid. At some point it isn’t going to make sense to sail, and from your descriptions it sounds like that day is near. 

Oh I definitely understand why they do that.  

And yes, that time has come . This needs to shut down for a few weeks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, D4 said:

I’m sure you aren’t the only one.  They’re just trying to keep the count they are required to report as low as possible.

Does your cruise end tomorrow?  Have they told you what to expect? 

How old is your child?  How do they feel?  And how are they handling the quarantine experience?

No idea what we're doing.  No one has said anything despite tons of calls asking.

You said they sent workers to pack your things.  That’s the first time I’ve heard that.  The posters in the last couple weeks said they were given a half hour or hour to pack before they’d be taken to the quarantine room.

When reading that, I thought there’s no way I could be packed in less than one hour.  

Just one more example of how inconsistently they are handling this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vandy said:

I agree- it’s the passengers who are spreading this.  RC has the right plan but can’t implement it when people are so careless.  There should be 0 unvaccinated onboard IMO. 

Then why are vaccinated testing positive? I know dozens of people who have contracted it, who are vaccinated, and spread entire vaccinated family. This vaccination does nothing to stop the spread. It helps keep you from getting ICU sick. Let’s look at Australia…they have very high vaccine rates, yet last week their cases were up 119,111%. That is a comma. It’s going to spread, vaccinated or not.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

Oh I definitely understand why they do that.  

And yes, that time has come . This needs to shut down for a few weeks.

I’m thinking 4 might give them time to get their crew boostered and back up and healthy.  If cases are remaining high on land a further extension IMO would make sense. Just my thoughts though.