Allure denied entry to St. Thomas, heading now to St. Kitts

5 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Captain says 27 crew are positive and 3 passengers are positive. Denied entry to St. Thomas so we are headed now to St. Kitts and will do an overnight there. 

Why is he wasting fuel, why bother they won't want you docking there either. That isn't even a high number. Guess maybe the island isn't believing the totals that were reported to them.

Sounds like the islands are getting stricter and stricter.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Captain says 27 crew are positive and 3 passengers are positive. Denied entry to St. Thomas so we are headed now to St. Kitts and will do an overnight there. 

Thank you for the update.
Pleaes, it would help if you the mention sail date.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Thank you for the update.
Pleaes, it would help if you the mention sail date.

12/30, not hard to figure out

30 Dec 17:00    Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida hotels
31 Dec 07:00 - 16:00    Coco Cay, Bahamas, Royal Caribbean
02 Jan 11:30 - 20:00    Saint Thomas Island, Charlotte Amalie, USVI
03 Jan 08:00 - 18:00    Basseterre, Port Zante, St Kitts Island
04 Jan 08:00 - 20:00    San Juan, Puerto Rico
05 Jan 08:00 - 18:00    Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles
08 Jan 06:15    Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida
Edited by ultramax12
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

The ship departed on Dec 30th.....3 passengers are positive and thats only the passengers that reported to medical that weren't feeling well and got tested. The problem I see there is passengers are testing positive a day or 2 after boarding. 

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 2

JIMBO, how can you type that with a straight face.  Stricter and stricter.  We just had a week full of new years cruisers with a majority of the reports actually pretty good. They are saying peek for Omicrom should be mid January and things will only get better.

30 Cases on Allure and only 3 are passengers.  You were probably doing your grocery shopping yesterday surrounded with a dozen Covid positive people.

Most of the ships docked without issue this past week.  There will be more ships with higher cases in the short term but over all the numbers have been miniscule.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, mein18 said:

We are scheduled to board when you return.  Has there been a lot of entertainment and activities cancelled on the ship?

24 minutes ago, mein18 said:

We are scheduled to board when you return.  Has there been a lot of entertainment and activities cancelled on the ship?

No everything has been fine for us. But someone on our roll call posted that they went to the Aqua Show last night and it was very short, said several divers are in quarantine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, ultramax12 said:

12/30, not hard to figure out

30 Dec 17:00    Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida hotels
31 Dec 07:00 - 16:00    Coco Cay, Bahamas, Royal Caribbean
02 Jan 11:30 - 20:00    Saint Thomas Island, Charlotte Amalie, USVI
03 Jan 08:00 - 18:00    Basseterre, Port Zante, St Kitts Island
04 Jan 08:00 - 20:00    San Juan, Puerto Rico
05 Jan 08:00 - 18:00    Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles
08 Jan 06:15    Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida

Thank you. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

What about contact tracing?

If 27 crew are positive, how many passengers came in contact with them?

This is a big concern.

Stay Safe! 

• Like 1

Hey, it wasn't me who wouldn't let Allure Dock................guess you haven't been reading what is going on on Harmony have you?  100's of crew with covid, 300 plus passengers with covid.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Oxo said:

What about contact tracing?

If 27 crew are positive, how many passengers came in contact with them?

This is a big concern.

Stay Safe! 

Captain said contact tracing was done and all contacts were negative. I have heard two different passenger counts for this cruise, 3200 and 3400. 

• Like 1

This is promising for our upcoming cruise on 8th. 

Do you by chance have the show schedules handy? We scheduled 8:00 MTD in hopes of going to the later shows that we saw on a schedule from mid December. We prefer the earlier shows but doesn't seem to work out for timing.

Thank you.

Just now, sandebeach said:

Captain said contact tracing was done and all contacts were negative. I have heard two different passenger counts for this cruise, 3200 and 3400. 

Great numbers!!  still around 1%.  Thanks very much SANDEBEACH!!  Have a great rest of your cruise.  Cant wait to sail at the end of January.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Hey, it wasn't me who wouldn't let Allure Dock................guess you haven't been reading what is going on on Harmony have you?

Harmony post was all bs. Was only reported by one person. We would see many posts and the media milking it for all they could if it were accurate. CC took that thread down.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

So you are just over 60% capacity. Does the ship seem emptier than normal?

1 minute ago, mein18 said:

Harmony post was all bs. Was only reported by one person. We would see many posts and the media milking it for all they could if it were accurate. CC took that thread down.

Thread is back up, only BS if it's not you I guess..........

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Hey, it wasn't me who wouldn't let Allure Dock................guess you haven't been reading what is going on on Harmony have you?

The classic JIMBO was the wasting fuel comment.  I never laughed so hard.  Was the captain supposed to drop anchor in the middle of the ocean and sit there and sulk the rest of the day?

Maybe you forgot they are essentially on a ship that "cruises"  that means that they tend to move.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mein18 said:

So you are just over 60% capacity. Does the ship seem emptier than normal?

This is our 11th cruise post-Covid, so actually feels a little more crowded-elevators fill up rapidly and there are some people who do not understand or relate to the 6-passenger limit. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ticketsunlimited said:

The classic JIMBO was the wasting fuel comment..  I never laughed so hard.  Was the captain supposed to drop anchor in the middle of the ocean and sit there and sulk the rest of the day?

Maybe you forgot they are essentially on a ship that "cruises"  that means that they tend to move.

so is sailing really really slow in circles, that is cruising too and most passengers wouldn't even know the difference

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Assuming you're not stopping in San Juan, either. Has anything been substituted or just another sea day?

One port was cancelled one or two weeks ago, I think it was San Juan. We are doing an overnight in St. Maarten as a replacement. I originally booked this because this cruise was going to Antiqua and Barbados but received word two months ago that those piers were not yet ready to receive an Oasis-class ship. 

• Like 1