Harmony of The Seas

I felt like at sea days were boring- just using the ship for transportation to ports of call.  So many activities cancelled, shows cancelled, no music at the British pub, music at pool was almost nonexistent - some days just something above elevator music. No sail away music or party. The food is just okay and the variety is minimal. Staff are trying to do a good job but you can see a hesitance or stand-back sort of approach because they don’t want Covid and being moved to a quarantine ship. We have a cruise booked in April and I think we are going to cancel - the atmosphere onboard just isn’t vacation like IMO 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, soremekun said:

This vlogger has a couple of videos describing his quarantine experience.

Sounds like it works well when not that many infected, when the numbers are like on the past sailing on Harmony where the quarantines are put on  more then just deck 3 and other decks where uninfected passengers are on then  it can get out of hand where Royal didn't seem as helpful to all.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tcneumann said:

I felt like at sea days were boring- just using the ship for transportation to ports of call.  So many activities cancelled, shows cancelled, no music at the British pub, music at pool was almost nonexistent - some days just something above elevator music. No sail away music or party. The food is just okay and the variety is minimal. Staff are trying to do a good job but you can see a hesitance or stand-back sort of approach because they don’t want Covid and being moved to a quarantine ship. We have a cruise booked in April and I think we are going to cancel - the atmosphere onboard just isn’t vacation like IMO 

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You just got off Harmony?

I'm sorry that you weren't happy on your cruise.  There's a pandemic, you know.  I truly don't mean that to be snarky, but it's almost as though you disregard that in your evaluation.

BTW, there have been no sailaway parties since the resumption of cruises in June.

• Like 2

Just now, cruisingguy007 said:

Just read a report from someone on reddit that claims this cruise wasn't as bad as some here have described. They even got married on the cruise! 

I'm sure plenty of people feel that way.  You likely wouldn't have felt any issues unless you had to deal with the quarantine or tested positive.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Tcneumann said:

Are you talking about the Harmony sailing that ended today? 

we sailed over Christmas and everything was happening across the ship like normal times, but with masks.  There was live music everywhere, including at sailaway.  

the food was very good and it was a lot of fun… but probably last sailing like that for awhile.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vandy said:

Are you talking about the Harmony sailing that ended today? 

we sailed over Christmas and everything was happening across the ship like normal times, but with masks.  There was live music everywhere, including at sailaway.  

the food was very good and it was a lot of fun… but probably last sailing like that for awhile.  

Yes. We returned today. Masks indoors at all times still. Grease cancelled for the week. The guitar player in the pub gone, rumored to be covid positive. The reggae band would play at times at the pool but sporadically. We saw the piano guy once during the trip.  Day time activities were minimal - the compass didn’t even  include activities like normal. I never saw the carousel moving and very few could rock climb. MDR was at capacity but the special restaurants were 50% capacity. Last week was definitely not normal with a mask. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tcneumann said:

Yes. We returned today. Masks indoors at all times still. Grease cancelled for the week. The guitar player in the pub gone, rumored to be covid positive. The reggae band would play at times at the pool but sporadically. We saw the piano guy once during the trip.  Day time activities were minimal - the compass didn’t even  include activities like normal. I never saw the carousel moving and very few could rock climb. MDR was at capacity but the special restaurants were 50% capacity. Last week was definitely not normal with a mask. 

Oh wow, I’m so sorry! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soremekun said:

This vlogger has a couple of videos describing his quarantine experience.

This guy doesn’t seem to be having any problems with his covid.  
I smell something fishy 

I’ve been reading a lot of posts from people on the same ships with people complaining from.  Seems like there’s 2 sides to every story.  Seem the new accounts are complying and older accounts aren’t.  

Do we have trolls ??? 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ But something is 🎣🎣🎣

The media would be all over the claim that there was 1000 cases on the HOS.  Where’s that ?????  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Ptroxx said:

I smell something fishy 

I’ve been reading a lot of posts from people on the same ships with people complaining from.  Seems like there’s 2 sides to every story.  Seem the new accounts are complying and older accounts aren’t.  

The media would be all over the claim that there was 1000 cases on the HOS.  Where’s that ?????  

If you're talking about me, I never said there were 1000 cases on HOS.  I said I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me that.  I don't think they've reported their numbers to the CDC yet...or the CDC hasn't updated the site.

The ship you're on obviously matters.  The number of overall cases and their impact on the medical staff matters.  HOS was a perfect storm of events.  They were short staffed omicron came through and hit the crew and passengers alike.  They also seemed to have run out of space because of capacity and number of people.  So....yes there are probably differing accounts for a variety of factors.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

I smell something fishy 

Different ship, a lot less infections. I sure hope it would be handled better.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

I smell something fishy 

And frankly, this is a lose lose situation here.  Even if they come back and say there were 500 cases, people like you are going to scream "but you said 1000...see how wrong you were".  But you're also the same ones saying "but you don't have to test because it wasn't 5 days" or whatever.  If they tested every single passenger on the ship on the last day....the entire cruise industry would get shut down next day.

So no, it's never going to hit those numbers because people don't test.  But it's still not going to be an accurate number of positive cases on board.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Thanks, but I'm more interested in the unproctored 2 packs from Binax. We've had no issues finding rapid tests pre cruise.

We just got a tracking #for the 2 pack non proctored Binax that I ordered from SAms Club online. I ordered them the 22 of December. Perhaps they are back in stock at Walmart.com as well. I've seen a few knock off brands but not interested in "Joe's Really Good Automatic Covid Test" at Dollar General.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Antigen tests aren't worthless.  They pick up Delta very well., but not always pick up Omicron…

+ Some respected testing experts are advocating in addition to the nasal swab for rapid antigen tests, also swabbing the throat for better detection in light of how Omicron behaves. This is done in some countries, but not usually in the US.

• Like 1