Covid testing at Port Everglades

versuco

If you book the covid test through Princess, are you able to cancel your appointment without being charged?  Our plan is to get tested Wednesday before our Friday cruise, but with the difficulty in getting a rapid test I would like to make an appointment for the testing at the Port as a back-up.  Has anyone actually canceled the test?  Thanks

• Thank you mlparksoi!  That's what I was hoping.  I really hope we can get tested at home before we make the 14 hour drive to Ft. Lauderdale, but at least we can have a back-up plan.  I have an appt. with CVS on the 12th, but they have been running out of tests. 

25 minutes ago, versuco said:
  • Thank you mlparksoi!  That's what I was hoping.  I really hope we can get tested at home before we make the 14 hour drive to Ft. Lauderdale, but at least we can have a back-up plan.  I have an appt. with CVS on the 12th, but they have been running out of tests. 

In November we used the over the counter self tests before flying down to FLL. Then the supervised tests before boarding.

18 minutes ago, pathi said:

In November we used the over the counter self tests before flying down to FLL. Then the supervised tests before boarding.

We are trying to get some, they are also in short supply here but we will keep trying.  Hopefully the tests will become more available now that the holidays are over.

Consider the at-home test that is monitored as recommended on Princess' FAQs.  It's $70 for 2 tests.  It arrives in 2 days....even now.  https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxnow-covid-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/?utm_source=carnival&utm_medium=referral&utm_term=&utm_content=2-pack&utm_campaign=travel_ready_covid_test&utm_nooverride=1

1 hour ago, dweidensaul said:

Consider the at-home test that is monitored as recommended on Princess' FAQs.  It's $70 for 2 tests.  It arrives in 2 days....even now.  https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxnow-covid-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/?utm_source=carnival&utm_medium=referral&utm_term=&utm_content=2-pack&utm_campaign=travel_ready_covid_test&utm_nooverride=1

I can confirm this fact .  We ordered 4 sets last week and they showed up within 2 days (bonus that they expire in Nov 2022)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 8:14 AM, mlparksoi said:

We booked tests at Port Everglades for same reason (Sky Princess 12/11-18), and cancelled online two days before scheduled tests. No problem, no charge.

According to the docgo link provided by Princess, https://docgo.com/cruiseguests/ it says:  

A non-refundable charge of $100 will be posted to guests onboard stateroom account. 

Are you saying you did not get charged anything when you cancelled your appointment?