Pre-order Spirits for your cabin?

Jonibme

I can find where to order wine by the bottle and various pre-pay beverage packages, but we used to order a couple bottles of our favorite whiskey and rum and a 6 pack or two of mixers... I can find the 6-packs of soda but the hard liquor is hiding from me?!

Anybody have any insight to offer?

Yes we bought Princess Plus but it is nice to enjoy your own "pour" when you want it rather than ordering or going out to get one ...

• Like 1

I started noticing this in Nov/Dec 2021 for my 2022 and beyond sailings. In fact that option is gone from all my future bookings.
While I was on board the Ruby (Nov 22 to Dec 7) I spoke to Diana who answers the phone for the daytime shift of room service. She sent up a price list and said that they were going to continue allowing us to buy bottles of spirits for our rooms. 

Now might she simply not have been told yet of a change in policy for 2022?  

I board the Ruby in 2 days and one of my first phone calls will be to Diana to say hi and get some items sent up. I’ll ask and if your question hasn’t been answered by then I’ll let you know what’s happening on the Ruby at least. That’s a picture of me and Dianna.  She is really a wonderful person and works incredibly hard. 

916830EE-180A-4A44-BA42-AFD821F19745.jpeg

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I started noticing this in Nov/Dec 2021 for my 2022 and beyond sailings. In fact that option is gone from all my future bookings.
While I was on board the Ruby (Nov 22 to Dec 7) I spoke to Diana who answers the phone for the daytime shift of room service. She sent up a price list and said that they were going to continue allowing us to buy bottles of spirits for our rooms. 

Now might she simply not have been told yet of a change in policy for 2022?  

I board the Ruby in 2 days and one of my first phone calls will be to Diana to say hi and get some items sent up. I’ll ask and if your question hasn’t been answered by then I’ll let you know what’s happening on the Ruby at least. That’s a picture of me and Dianna.  She is really a wonderful person and works incredibly hard. 

916830EE-180A-4A44-BA42-AFD821F19745.jpeg

Thank you for posting the beautiful picture of Diane - I love her smile! Yes please update me if I do not get an update soon? I don't mind calling room service to get a bottle of rum and 6 pack of coke or vodka dna 6 pack of ginger beer but I just want to know the plan if possible... no matter what we will have fun and go with the flow... but ordering our little cabin bar set up was always part of my pre-cruise routine and it feels strange not to be able to "check that box"!

Enjoy your cruises and I Look forward to hearing about your chat with Diane!

• Like 1

I noticed the same thing and also thought it was hiding! We have the beverage package for our cruise next week, but we like to have our own spirits in the room....especially now, in case we don't feel like venturing out much! We really enjoy cocktails on our balcony. Thanks for the information! 

10 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

Is the 18% tax or tip?

The 18% is an auto gratuity that cannot be removed as I understand  it.  The prices are fresh off the press on the Ruby Princess.  What it costs right now on this ship. I try to be really careful to post my actual experiences. 

10 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

WOW. Crazy prices. 

Those are extremely reasonable for onboard prices.  Take the SKYY vodka for example.  It's a 375 mL bottle.  A typical shot is 44 mL.  So that's 8.5 shots per bottle.  At 17.70 after taxes/gratuity that works out to 2.08 per shot.  You'd be hard pressed to find that reasonable pricing at any land based resort.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iamaqt2 said:

Those are extremely reasonable for onboard prices.  Take the SKYY vodka for example.  It's a 375 mL bottle.  A typical shot is 44 mL.  So that's 8.5 shots per bottle.  At 17.70 after taxes/gratuity that works out to 2.08 per shot.  You'd be hard pressed to find that reasonable pricing at any land based resort.

I totally agree!