Any news on the Meraviglia this week?

Morgsmom

2 minutes ago, FrostyJoe said:

I wonder what they’ll do on the 4 nighters…

@mscdivina2016 if you’re going please please don’t be patient 0 😅🤪. Gotta keep the ship in good condition for our 1/16 sailing 😇

I will try. We got our tests today. Negative! That's 3 times in 3 weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrostyJoe said:

Will you be posting on the ship? Enjoy your sailing!! Hopefully everything is smoooth 

If we go yes I will. Have not decided fully yet as we can cancel any time even on Sunday morning.

I will wait till I see what they report for cases before docking Sunday morning.

20 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

If we go yes I will. Have not decided fully yet as we can cancel any time even on Sunday morning.

I will wait till I see what they report for cases before docking Sunday morning.

Hi

I am on the Jan 23rd cruise  and am curious on where do you look for the report on cases?

Hopefully the CDC will not pull the plug on the cruise lines before I get to go.

Thanks for your help

Pat

Murrells Inlet. SC

57 minutes ago, Pjnc said:

Hi

I am on the Jan 23rd cruise  and am curious on where do you look for the report on cases?

Hopefully the CDC will not pull the plug on the cruise lines before I get to go.

Thanks for your help

Pat

Murrells Inlet. SC

Sadly, I don't believe there is any official place to find out how many cases are onboard each ship as that is a fluid situation. People going in and out of isolation and quarantine, staff being moved to quarantine motels offshore in Miami, etc.  The CDC website is absolutely no help. Every single passenger ship has cases and no one knows how many.  You can sometimes find out from staff onboard but that is unofficial. Your only help is when people who are currently sailing report the situation.

1 hour ago, Pjnc said:

Hi

Thanks for your help

Pat

Murrells Inlet. SC

Family member works for the port authority so no official public info available. I would not be able to give any info at all not just for MSC, but the others as well.

If I post I am canceling my cruise tomorrow you can surmise your own opinion.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 5:32 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

@mscdivina2016 Do you know if contract tracing on the Meraviglia is mostly/exclusively with the braclets?  I was reading some divina forums and one poster was mentioning how crew would physically scan their cards for contact tracing purposes.  I was wondering if this the case on the mera--or they rely on the braclets....

thanks again

45 minutes ago, FrostyJoe said:

@mscdivina2016 Do you know if contract tracing on the Meraviglia is mostly/exclusively with the braclets?  I was reading some divina forums and one poster was mentioning how crew would physically scan their cards for contact tracing purposes.  I was wondering if this the case on the mera--or they rely on the braclets....

thanks again

I also heard both. I also found out.on seashore b2b last month they were using the bracelet.

So I killed them with a magnet I brought.

On Mera tomorrow I will not wear one. If I have too, I will kill it with the magnet.

I will keep my card in my sock. Wife has it wink wink.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I also heard both. I also found out.on seashore b2b last month they were using the bracelet.

So I killed them with a magnet I brought.

On Mera tomorrow I will not wear one. If I have too, I will kill it with the magnet.

I will keep my card in my sock. Wife has it wink wink.

Wait so mera does both?  or do they rely on the braclet only?.  Please let us know the protocols for this and others on your upcoming sailing once confirmed on board...  I am very interested, especially since we're going on the very next sailing and I'm sure other posters are too.  Enjoy your sailing!!!

Edited by FrostyJoe

50 minutes ago, FrostyJoe said:

Wait so mera does both?  or do they rely on the braclet only?.  Please let us know the protocols for this and others on your upcoming sailing once confirmed on board...  I am very interested, especially since we're going on the very next sailing and I'm sure other posters are too.  Enjoy your sailing!!!

A few weeks ago, Meraviglia only did it by the bracelets.  I think they are doing it the other way on Divina because they don't have the bracelets on that ship for some reason.  

19 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

A few weeks ago, Meraviglia only did it by the bracelets.  I think they are doing it the other way on Divina because they don't have the bracelets on that ship for some reason.  

Yah understood.  I think Mera was advertised as more "technological advanced" ship vs. Davina -  I presume that's probably why.

Problem with bracelet is bluetooth can have range of well over 50 feet.....probably 100 feet or so...

1 minute ago, FrostyJoe said:

Yah understood.  I think Mera was advertised as more "technological advanced" ship vs. Davina -  I presume that's probably why.

Problem with bracelet is bluetooth can have range of well over 50 feet.....probably 100 feet or so...

Yea, I am not exactly happy about wearing the bracelet..... 

On 1/5/2022 at 1:38 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

We had those in YC 3 weeks ago. Not wearing it this coming weekend. If forced, I will disable it with a 500lb Magnet  (smaller than a half dollar) that I bring to hang stuff to dry on my balcony.

I could also leave it in my room and bring the ones from 3 weeks ago with me.

Like this from Amazon? 

Neosmuk Fishing Magnet, 500 lb Pull Strong Magnets Heavy Duty Big Rare Earth Magnet, 2.4” Large Magnet for Remover, Super Neodymium High Power Magnet 

3 hours ago, momrox1 said:

Like this from Amazon? 

Neosmuk Fishing Magnet, 500 lb Pull Strong Magnets Heavy Duty Big Rare Earth Magnet, 2.4” Large Magnet for Remover, Super Neodymium High Power Magnet 

That's very similar.  If questioned, it's for a line to put your bathing suit on your balcony to dry.

Don't get it near your ship's card. It will kill it as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@mscdivina2016

The thing with the bracelet is it does help call the elevator...

and makes life seamless in and out of the cabin

Would it be the same just carrying the card to get in/out of the cabin?

Meaning will the contact thing be  alerted because the card traveled with you?

Hope your embarkation goes smoothly today

If you are so inclined.. would appreciate you popping in here from time to let us hear how its going, who is staffing YC etc.

12 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

@mscdivina2016

The thing with the bracelet is it does help call the elevator...

and makes life seamless in and out of the cabin

Would it be the same just carrying the card to get in/out of the cabin?

Meaning will the contact thing be  alerted because the card traveled with you?

Hope your embarkation goes smoothly today

If you are so inclined.. would appreciate you popping in here from time to let us hear how its going, who is staffing YC etc.

Last month on Seashore there was no wait for an elevator as there were so few people.

Yes the card would be the same as the bracelet but I use one of those blocker wallets so it can't be read.

I will probably pop in a few times a day as I have nothing else to do but eat, drink play games on my phone.

I have been on this ship before so no big deal. 

We are leaving in about an hour and are going to sail since we got an additional 20% off since I called to cancel 2 days ago.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Last month on Seashore there was no wait for an elevator as there were so few people.

Yes the card would be the same as the bracelet but I use one of those blocker wallets so it can't be read.

I will probably pop in a few times a day as I have nothing else to do but eat, drink play games on my phone.

We are leaving in about an hour and are going to sail since we got an additional 20% off since I called to cancel 2 days ago.

Bon voyage

Are the bracelets RFID?  Googling Im not seeing magnet solutions

Amazed you got a discount this close.

We booked through a TA- and have B2Bs to Bs... to Bs.. she'd hit me if I called her to try that.

12 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Bon voyage

Are the bracelets RFID?  Googling Im not seeing magnet solutions

Amazed you got a discount this close.

We booked through a TA- and have B2Bs to Bs... to Bs.. she'd hit me if I called her to try that.

I believe they are RFID.

This was a direct booking that we did not plan on going.

We went to cancel as we don't really care about the carribbean.

We are locals as well. They apparently did not want more cancellations. Yeah for us

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I believe they are RFID.

This was a direct booking that we did not plan on going.

We went to cancel as we don't really care about the carribbean.

We are locals as well. They apparently did not want more cancellations. Yeah for us

Similar in that YC is the destination more or less...

A favor-- if you can take a pic of the deck chair top --we have an umbrella that clips to deck chairs yet DH is considering getting one..we don't recall the lounger construction

A newsletter from a ambulance chaser is trying to stir up speculations re Merv and "cases"...

even the # he mentions is imho so low it's only the pearl clutchers who will care

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

A newsletter from a ambulance chaser is trying to stir up speculations re Merv and "cases"...

even the # he mentions is imho so low it's only the pearl clutchers who will care

Just read that guy's "report".

Definitely sensationalism on his part... reports by officers "who wish to stay employed by MSC" and "At least one ambulance was waiting at the dock "

But... 169 crew and  60 guest is not really that small of a number.

But I think as the weeks pass the number will go way down.

That being said, Lovey and I are still planning to go in February.

• Like 3

@Fla Mike

That's him..he hates the industry. If you follow him, you know how much he hates the industry

I am doubious about his "report" ... the #s he "reports" are likely inflated.

We can't even discuss the issue and whether things are accurate....as the mods remove anything that doesn't fit a narrow view of the topic...even if it is a fact from say the premier mRNA is removed.

I will say we are planning to get on board.

Hoping MSC Divina2016 has some 411 for us this week

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

@Fla Mike

That's him..he hates the industry. If you follow him, you know how much he hates the industry

I am doubious about his "report" ... the #s he "reports" are likely inflated.

We can't even discuss the issue and whether things are accurate....as the mods remove anything that doesn't fit a narrow view of the topic...even if it is a fact from say the premier mRNA is removed.

I will say we are planning to get on board.

Hoping MSC Divina2016 has some 411 for us this week

I wouldn’t say he’s anti industry….he needs the industry for his own livelihood…

either way 60 out of 600-1000 may not even be out of the norm as a country now.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they test everyone at Walmart at a given time now positive will be at or above those rates….  Question is how many were even showing symtomns?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Enjoy your cruise!!! Please let us know how the embarkation process was and how long it took along with how socially distended it was if you can. 

we are bringing our nearly one year old next weeks sailing and absolute last thing we would want is that…..

I wonder if it helps with waiting for Aurea/diamond guests…