Onboard Riviera Jan. 4

Nymich

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Duck and watermelon salad!

Definitely - we weren’t going to eat in Specialty tonight but I had asked the reservation desk to waitlist me …. And we got a 6:30. 

Not really going for a full meal, my wife would like a little lighter eating. But I won’t pass up a chance to eat in that restaurant. Ever. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slw207693 said:

Would any of those currently onboard like to meet at Barristas on Sunday at 9:30 am  before we get to Barbados to put faces to cruise critic id?

Would love to………Hinda and Bill

4 hours ago, pilgrimage said:

Always nice to order a little "surf" on the side as well.  I found that Wave's did a better job on grilling the lobster than the Terrace grill (which was sometimes a little overcooked).

I agree 100%, Pilgrimage!  After the first time ordering the tail at the grill, I stand there and tell them when to turn mine and when to take it off and serve to me. Probably think I'm nuts 'cause they are the experienced cooks, but by inserting myself into their timing I get a perfectly cooked lobster tail every time.

Donna

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, marieps said:

Oh that would be lovely.

I wish to clarify, it was my hope those on board contributing to the thread would post pics so we could SEE whom we have to thank.  No pressure but I'm sure you're a splendid group.

Edited by marieps

4 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

I agree 100%, Pilgrimage!  After the first time ordering the tail at the grill, I stand there and tell them when to turn mine and when to take it off and serve to me. Probably think I'm nuts 'cause they are the experienced cooks, but by inserting myself into their timing I get a perfectly cooked lobster tail every time.

Donna

My DW and I were discussing your comment and we vote 2 to 0 that you are not nuts!  It's your cruise and your money so good for you!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

Donna

I do the same thing for lamb chops😁

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

Donna

Can you tell when the tail is ready by just looking at it without “‘touching” it for tenderness? If that is the case, I need you when picking the freshest hanging Chinese BBQ duck as I always have trouble with that 😜

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GeorgesGal said:

Donna

As busy as the grill station was most times I was up there, I would have had to throw a couple of elbows to keep my position to do that.  I will say social distancing was not really a thing in that line.

When this thread started  I wanted to communicate to others safety, procedures, daily schedules all of which have been impacted and  changed during these times. I felt in doing that it would help people decide how they felt about cruising currently.

In that spirit this is the current KN95 provided by O upon request. The mask is light weight and single banded over the ears.  I actually look BETTER with mine on!

We are having a great time!

16415984058423125548831102229757.jpg

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Nymich said:

When this thread started  I wanted to communicate to others safety, procedures, daily schedules all of which have been impacted and  changed during these times. I felt in doing that it would help people decide how they felt about cruising currently.

In that spirit this is the current KN95 provided by O upon request. The mask is light weight and single banded over the ears.  I actually look BETTER with mine on!

And for those who love to know how their mask is made

36 minutes ago, Nymich said:

We had those waiting on our bed when we first arrived onboard on 12/23, and another set was magically provided later in the cruise, either as a weekly update or in response to the testing/port changes.

5 minutes ago, pilgrimage said:

We had those waiting on our bed when we first arrived onboard on 12/23, and another set was magically provided later in the cruise, either as a weekly update or in response to the testing/port changes.

We just received out shipment of disposable N95 ones. I recommend that anyone who’s been relying on cloth masks should consider getting some N95 (U.S. standard) or  KN95 (P.R.C. standard) for flying and/or any place else with tight quarters, lax mask restrictions, etc)

image.jpg

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

Arrriving at Phillipsburg, St. Martin at 7 AM.

Comedian last night - family friendly guy, absolutely hilarious. Almost pissed myself. 

Great dinner companions in Red Ginger - shared a table.

Today: America’s Cup Yacht experience, and the Polo Grill for dinner. Pretty good way to spend a Saturday.

041CDABD-3DC9-4D73-8674-781112FCFC71.jpeg

• Like 1

St Maarten. 

So everyone can expect similar things to this:  This itinerary we are on was sent to us by email ONE DAY before we boarded.  It is completely different.

But........we made both ports so far.

1641646178874882673709233481762.jpg

• Thanks 1