Onboard Riviera Jan. 4

Nymich

8 minutes ago, Jayne E said:

Beautiful day. Any reason given why ship had to leave so early?

That's a good question.  It was scheduled to leave this early......not sure why.  Maybe staggering ships?

4 minutes ago, Upforfun said:

Clarification please.  Are masks required outside while sunbathing, while reading a book, enjoying the view?  Thank you very much for your reporting. We can't seem to decide about cancelling. 

Rules say masks are required outside if not able to social distance.  We have 690 on this cruise so we have been able to create space and not always wear a mask outside.  

18 hours ago, Siena219 said:

If anyone canceling the 1/14 cruise can you let me know if you have an upscale cabin # just so I can move in to if they’ll let me that is since I’m on deck 9, it would be appreciated. Happy cruising.

We've taken the FCC in lieu of the 1/14 cruise.  You might be interested in B3 7009. It is one of four balcony cabins with a super-large balcony that accommodates 2 loungers, 2 chairs, and a table. Take a look at the deck plan and see what you think. 

I want to thank Nymich for doing all the posting.  We were scheduled to cruise this cruise in the last cruise but did not because of a broken hip. I wish people would remember that he’s posting this not to make a political statement,  not to say if he believes in vaccination but to help people know what cruise life is like right now in this time of Covid. Please don’t ruin it for everybody by making this a political statement.  I appreciate knowing how things are.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Maverick Cruiser said:

I want to thank Nymich for doing all the posting.  We were scheduled to cruise this cruise in the last cruise but did not because of a broken hip. I wish people would remember that he’s posting this not to make a political statement,  not to say if he believes in vaccination but to help people know what cruise life is like right now in this time of Covid. Please don’t ruin it for everybody by making this a political statement.  I appreciate knowing how things are.  

I have no idea why I could not say that as accurately as you just did.  I have no agenda for sure.  Thank you

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Nymich said:

I have no idea why I could not say that as accurately as you just did.  I have no agenda for sure.  Thank you

Please keep posting because we are enjoying your posts and pictures.  We wish we were there but life has a way of controlling what we can do.  We cruise the Caribbean for the ship, so ports would not have mattered to us.  Enjoy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Nymich said:

Going into St Maarten on medical evac for a guest

Ref #366

20220110_221148.jpg

164187080949016289501473943550.jpg

There was a great news announcement during lunch from our Captain; the guest who was taken last night and disembarked starboard side to St Maarten for

medical assistance was successful and she is doing fine.  Bravo Oceania 👏

• Like 5

This thread brings back so many fond memories from our last cruise on Riviera in Nov 2021. We can’t wait to get on board for our March 2022 sailing. Great job posting @Nymichand keep it coming. Just looking at your clear blue sky helps me deal with the poor weather we have here today. Rain, snow, hailing down and freezing cold. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StandbySea said:

There was a great news announcement during lunch from our Captain; the guest who was taken last night and disembarked starboard side to St Maarten for

medical assistance was successful and she is doing fine.  Bravo Oceania 👏

No details given on condition or whether Covid? Would understand if not; privacy considerations.

Edited by ohmark
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ohmark said:

No details given on condition or whether Covid?

Captain just said "illness".  No mention of what the illness was or description of symptoms.  What the great news was; is the guest is doing fine according to the Captain.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, StandbySea said:

Captain just said "illness".  No mention of what the illness was or description of symptoms.  What the great news was; is the guest is doing fine according to the Captain.  

So that doesn’t sound like COVID. 

18 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

So that doesn’t sound like COVID. 

Personally, I wouldn't make that judgment. Not saying it is, just saying that to me, no info doesn't equal no covid.

Edited by ohmark
  • Like 1

We have decided to stay on Riviera for our 2nd and final leg.  Here are the reasons in no particular order:

We did not have to fly here nor have we had to on any of what will be 5 cruises in the last 2 months.  For those about to fly.  "We Salute You."(ac/dc)  Totally different ballgame flying to and from for sure.  We did not have that added responsibility.

We don't want the FCC. We want to cruise and we can now!

We see the spiking cases on land much greater than when we got on the Ship 1/4/22.  It seems safer here to us.

The last reason is other than the Port changes and the masks which is different, it is the same great crew and the same great food. It should be noted that we have made 4 out of 4 ports on this revamped itinerary. Puerta Plata is number 5 tomorrow.

In closing I will not be doing this thread on the next 14 day cruise that starts Friday. I covered the paperwork, announcements and things I thought would help.  The main source I have is only one person with one title that nobody else has.  I don't want to drop the name.  I don't want to drop the title because since there is only one you will know who it is.  Think high up but is not the Captain but they deal directly with him. 

I will try to cover the process and protocols for those who have multiple cruises coming up.  They called today for us to confirm we will be at the lunch in the GDR on Friday.

Maybe Jazz will rename this thread to Onboard Riviera 1/4/22.  I wanted to do this thread because of the CDC thing that came down. I thought some may be interested or concerned.  Obviously 26k views later in one week, that proved to be an accurate assessment. My goal has been and will be the next 3 days to be non political and just share what O is doing and communicating.

Maybe someone else will do a new thread on the next cruise Friday .......maybe not.  

Edited by Nymich
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 8

Thank you so much for the time spent on your cruise keeping us "In The Know".  Will be on the ship in February for our first Oceania Cruise.  Can you say if they are doing any of the cooking classes on your cruise?   And if so, are they limiting the number of people attending?

6 minutes ago, Nymich said:

In closing I will not be doing this thread on the next 14 day cruise that starts Friday.

Great appreciation for your work on this.  I'm grateful, and I'm sure a great many others, especially those on upcoming Riviera Caribbean cruises, are grateful as well.  Thanks, again.

Mark

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TEXASMIMI said:

Thank you so much for the time spent on your cruise keeping us "In The Know".  Will be on the ship in February for our first Oceania Cruise.  Can you say if they are doing any of the cooking classes on your cruise?   And if so, are they limiting the number of people attending?

They were doing the cooking classes on the 12/23 cruise, but I believe they had transitioned to "demonstration only".  Not sure about attendance limits.

• Like 1