Live From Orion “French Polynesia Jan 5 2022”

RICHARDandSTEFAN

The rocking & rolling got to me this morning. Headed to med center and received sickness pills. Went back to cabin to lay day and hubby went to listen to talks. Felt better did try some lunch but ship is still rocking. Hopefully the sea will slow day. 

• Like 2

Appreciate updates along your voyage, it was with great sadness that we had to cancel this cruise the day before sailing.  Have safe travels and thanks for letting us get an idea of what we are missing. Enjoy! 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, albertamom said:

Very important life lesson tip…just because you have 2 bottles of wine in your quarantine room does not mean you have to finish them both, then have a pre-dinner drink, then 3 glasses of wine with dinner!  

Very rough start to the day for me. I could blame the rough seas, but I think I know better. Got some anti-nausea meds from Guest Services and had a good nap. I think I’m ready for some lunch and to get on with enjoying the cruise (within reason, of course)! 😂

See you out there!

Sherri

I can’t wait to meet you🤗🏝😀🍺🍾🍷

• Like 2

Like so many others, I postponed  a haircut before this cruise to avoid potential exposure to Covid. 
This morning Oksana in the Viking spa gave me a fabulous haircut. I would highly recommend her for anybody who is considering the same.

And then when I returned to my room, there was a rainbow outside the window. All signs of good things to come.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all, I have heard back from Viking guest services and there is definitely no Viking sponsored meet and greet going to take place.

Ed and I would like to propose going rogue with this. We could meet on Monday at 3 PM. We are suggesting the aft outdoor deck on seven. There is a bar located close by and it is an outdoor venue. Viking has asked that we don’t have groups of larger than six, we could then break into groups of six for friendly chitchat and then rotate every so often, kind of like speed dating!

I will post this on our roll call also for those who haven’t transferred over. 

If you have any thoughts about a different venue feel free to chime in otherwise, we will see anybody who shows up, Monday at 3 PM aft 7. 

Edited by LinnieRed
  • Like 2

Just now, LinnieRed said:

Good morning all, I have heard back from Viking guest services and there is definitely no Viking sponsored meet and greet going to take place.

Ed and I would like to propose going rogue with this. We could meet on Monday at 3 PM. We are suggesting the aft outdoor deck on seven. There is a bar located close by and it is an outdoor venue. Viking has asked that we don’t have groups of larger than six, we could then break into groups of six for friendly chitchat and then rotate every so often, kind of like speed dating!

I will post this on our roll call also for those who haven’t transferred over. 

If you have any thoughts about a different venue feel free to chime in otherwise, we will see anybody who shows up, Monday at 3 PM aft 7. 

We could do a social walk on deck 8. Drink in hand. Keep moving slowly and chat as you pass by one another.  Viking has been extremely strict with over 6 gatherings. Just a suggestion. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, SouthernMainer said:

Like so many others, I postponed  a haircut before this cruise to avoid potential exposure to Covid. 
This morning Oksana in the Viking spa gave me a fabulous haircut. I would highly recommend her for anybody who is considering the same.

And then when I returned to my room, there was a rainbow outside the window. All signs of good things to come.

Hubby went yesterday morning as well, with Oksana. Was very happy with her!

12 minutes ago, RICHARDandSTEFAN said:

We could do a social walk on deck 8. Drink in hand. Keep moving slowly and chat as you pass by one another.  Viking has been extremely strict with over 6 gatherings. Just a suggestion. 

I like this idea. I haven't been up to deck 8 yet. Are there a lot of people walking up there? Would we be 'in the way'? 

I’ve finally heard from Viking about a hotel stay in Tahiti/Bora Bora. It took a month to come up with this reply. 

“Due to Covid restrictions, you will need to inquire with Guest Services on board if they will allow you to stay in a hotel over night off the ship.”

43 minutes ago, RICHARDandSTEFAN said:

I just came back to the cabin from being on deck eight and I said the exact same thing to Ed. It’s a great space, there’s hardly anybody up there. So let’s make it Deck 8 aft. 

• Like 3

Just now, LinnieRed said:

I just came back to the cabin from being on deck eight and I said the exact same thing to Ed. It’s a great space, there’s hardly anybody up there. So let’s make it Deck 8 aft. 

Monday 3:00 pm. Deck 8. Walk and mingle. Bring a beverage. Weather permitting. 
Sounds like a perfect idea. 

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Johaz said:

I’ve finally heard from Viking about a hotel stay in Tahiti/Bora Bora. It took a month to come up with this reply. 

“Due to Covid restrictions, you will need to inquire with Guest Services on board if they will allow you to stay in a hotel over night off the ship.”

We have never heard, by I canceled because the letter we were given when we boarded said no independent exploration and the ShoreEx desk confirmed that.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Johaz said:

Ha!  🤦‍♀️

We went ahead and cancelled our 2 stays. One less thing to fret about. We’ll try to re-add them the day before if it looks like we can. 

Sherri

10 minutes ago, booksfan said:

We have never heard, by I canceled because the letter we were given when we boarded said no independent exploration and the ShoreEx desk confirmed that.

Oh!  We didn’t get that letter. Doesn’t surprise me. 😔

Sherri

28 minutes ago, albertamom said:

Oh!  We didn’t get that letter. Doesn’t surprise me. 😔

Sherri

No letter for me either, but it was just confirmed that we cannot leave the Viking bubble, but not cancelling anything yet. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RICHARDandSTEFAN said:

Monday 3:00 pm. Deck 8. Walk and mingle. Bring a beverage. Weather permitting. 
Sounds like a perfect idea. 

Count us in. We were just up for a walk. Nobody up there..great place to meet.

• Like 1