Live From Orion “French Polynesia Jan 5 2022”

RICHARDandSTEFAN

I did 3 PCR tests in the last two days because CVS took so long so I went for Rapid PCR at Hoag Hospital and Orange County set up a free PCR test around the corner from my house so I did another one just in case...... and all came back negative.  The ship required us to be retested anyway.  I boarded at around 1PM and was quarantine until 8:45 PM.  I ate all the little sandwiches and cookies in the room because I didn't have lunch thinking I will be lunching on the ship......WRONG!  Room service number was busy all the time so I couldn't order any food.  I wait and wait for the message on the screen but none came.  I really got worried because I went and unpacked all.  Then by 8:45PM the room steward knocked and said I was clear but no message on TV.  I went to the World Cafe just before they closed at 9:00 for light meal.  Oh well, there will be plenty of good meals for the next 32 days I hope.  So hello everyone, I am still on the ship at 11:53PM so I guess I am going.  Hope to see some of you tomorrow.

• Like 5

May I suggest that now the ship has sailed, one of the pax starts a "Live from Orion" thread on the main Viking Board, as many of us are interested in your experiences.

Many that are interested may not think to check the ship's Roll Call Board for the "Live" thread.

Edited by Heidi13
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to your cruise adventure now that you are underway. Your roll call has lots of funny optimistic cruisers , I would love to cruise with in the future.

love the Orion ! Is Aaron still the pool bar bartender? He is the best ! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RICHARDandSTEFAN said:

Sea day 1. Hope everyone is rested and growing into their sea legs as the ship rocks and rolls today. 

It's fine but yes, we roll taking a good swell smack on the side, What a relief to be at sea, finally. We celebrated with a little too much brandy yesterday but no seasickness. We have to get used to the routine: saliva test, temperature taking, health questionnaire every day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's so hard with the masks to see who is who. I look around hoping to recognize some (ANY!) of you but no luck! I'm looking forward to being able to get together, socially distanced of course. But to be able to put a face (1/2 face) with a name would be great! If anyone sees a 55ish woman in a navy blue skirt with a peach v neck t-shirt, reddish with natural blond (GRAY!!) highlighted hair in a barette, that's ME!!!!! Feel free to say Hi! or even freer to bring me a cocktail! Tee hee hee!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, RICHARDandSTEFAN said:

P.S.  I have this new bottle of sunscreen gifted to our cruise by our last sailing’s CC @Peregrina651.  First person that needs it, I’ll place it at your door. Just give me your stateroom number. 

0CA97155-669E-4556-B146-B9136E961B7C.jpeg

We could use sunscreen if no one else has requested it, Room 8013. Thx!

1 hour ago, JLBriese said:

It's so hard with the masks to see who is who. I look around hoping to recognize some (ANY!) of you but no luck! I'm looking forward to being able to get together, socially distanced of course. But to be able to put a face (1/2 face) with a name would be great! If anyone sees a 55ish woman in a navy blue skirt with a peach v neck t-shirt, reddish with natural blond (GRAY!!) highlighted hair in a barette, that's ME!!!!! Feel free to say Hi! or even freer to bring me a cocktail! Tee hee hee!

OK, I'm there early 60's short brownish hair, glasses, navy slacks, navy/white stripe sweater, knitting away! 😁

2 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

May I suggest that now the ship has sailed, one of the pax starts a "Live from Orion" thread on the main Viking Board, as many of us are interested in your experiences.

Many that are interested may not think to check the ship's Roll Call Board for the "Live" thread.

That’s why I couldn’t find it!

• Haha 1

Very important life lesson tip…just because you have 2 bottles of wine in your quarantine room does not mean you have to finish them both, then have a pre-dinner drink, then 3 glasses of wine with dinner!  

Very rough start to the day for me. I could blame the rough seas, but I think I know better. Got some anti-nausea meds from Guest Services and had a good nap. I think I’m ready for some lunch and to get on with enjoying the cruise (within reason, of course)! 😂

See you out there!

Sherri

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

16 hours ago, RICHARDandSTEFAN said:

P.S.  I have this new bottle of sunscreen gifted to our cruise by our last sailing’s CC @Peregrina651.  First person that needs it, I’ll place it at your door. Just give me your stateroom number. 

0CA97155-669E-4556-B146-B9136E961B7C.jpeg

Thanks, Stefan!

Without a doubt, I over-ordered and overestimated how much sun block I would actually use.  I had it shipped to my son in L.A. and bringing it home was not an option; too much to get through TSA. I hope someone can use it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, albertamom said:

Very important life lesson tip…just because you have 2 bottles of wine in your quarantine room does not mean you have to finish them both, then have a pre-dinner drink, then 3 glasses of wine with dinner!  

Very rough start to the day for me. I could blame the rough seas, but I think I know better. Got some anti-nausea meds from Guest Services and had a good nap. I think I’m ready for some lunch and to get on with enjoying the cruise (within reason, of course)! 😂

See you out there!

Sherri

We had the same problem, but I don't think the sea helped.  Just had lunch and feeling great! 

Hanging out in 2 loungers on port side right by the door to the wintergarden in turquoise cover up and green tshirt.  Stop by and say hello🙂

3 hours ago, JLBriese said:

We are hanging out by the main pool in 2 lounges on the port side right by the door to the Winter garden.  I'm wearing turquoise coverup and Jim's in a green T-shirt.  Stop by and say hello! 

So,  after 7 1/2 hrs. In the room waiting we got the all clear from our cabin Steward, we re-dressed and headed out. We ran into Gamy, he is the Restaurant Manager and an old friend from the 2017 / 2018 World Cruise. We also saw a few of the crew from WC. We ended up at the Explorer’s Bar and toasted to a great cruise starting tomorrow! This morning we met Richard & Stefan while we were having a Bloody Mary. We thanks them for all the helpful tips they provided as well as the Mexican Sojourn updates. Look forward to meeting more of the C.C. Group! 🚢🥃🍺🍾🍷😎

• Like 3