what level are they quarantining on the reflection?

rescuemom

I see the answer to this question on other ships but not on the reflection. As we struggle with what to do for our upcoming cruise I just want to be as prepared as we can be, knowing everything is subject to change. I read the one post that said they wanted to quarantine her in an inside cabin and if thats what they are doing that may help us decide. If we can quarantine in a balcony cabin if we do test positive, we can deal with that without a problem. I thought somebody who has recently been on the reflection might know? thank you!

• Thanks 1

There is no guarantee what type stateroom a person being quarantined could be assigned. I would assume that they have certain staterooms set aside and they’re assigned as needed. No one can say how many people on a given sailing could end up in quarantine. Everything is a crap shoot right now. 

We just got off Reflection on Sunday.  I heard one announcement on the second day stating there was one case. Never heard anything else.  The last night my husband felt like he was getting a head cold. When we got home I scheduled him for a test on Monday and he is positive.  He is feeling really bad, with a bad cough.  I was tested Wednesday and I am positive too.  I think there are a lot of people that dont report their symptoms and are spreading it around the ship,  This was the cruise that left on 12/26.  Everyone had to be tested by Christmas eve and get a negative result.  Then they probably had their family gatherings Dec 25 and were able to cruise on Dec 26 not being symptomatic yet.  We were both fully vaxed and masks were not required anywhere.  I would bet there are a lot of people who ended up positive after this holiday cruise.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pickels said:

So... if one has a nice big suite reserved; and, per chance, one tests positive, they quarantine you in an inside cabin for the rest of your cruise?  Do I read that correctly?

yes that is a real possibility.

6 minutes ago, Pickels said:

So... if one has a nice big suite reserved; and, per chance, one tests positive, they quarantine you in an inside cabin for the rest of your cruise?  Do I read that correctly?

On one ship, yes.  Others have reported being assigned better accommodations.

34 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Yes it's very possible. But on the bright side, you get to eat food from Luminae with your paper plates and plastic utensils.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, rescuemom said:

I see the answer to this question on other ships but not on the reflection. As we struggle with what to do for our upcoming cruise I just want to be as prepared as we can be, knowing everything is subject to change. I read the one post that said they wanted to quarantine her in an inside cabin and if thats what they are doing that may help us decide. If we can quarantine in a balcony cabin if we do test positive, we can deal with that without a problem. I thought somebody who has recently been on the reflection might know? thank you!

Yes this is my concern . Don’t min so much isolating with a balcony but an inside cabin would drive me crazy 

I booked a Celebrity Suite so that if I am quarantened, I could stay in my lovely cabin with a large balcony.  If their policy is to put people in a inside cabin, I am cancelling.  Can anyone verify?  So far, I read that people are staying in their cabin.

9 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

I booked a Celebrity Suite so that if I am quarantened, I could stay in my lovely cabin with a large balcony.  If their policy is to put people in a inside cabin, I am cancelling.  Can anyone verify?  So far, I read that people are staying in their cabin.

There is a difference between quarantining and isolation.  If you are quarantined you can stay in your cabin.  This would be for someone who is going through the testing process.  If you test positive you are then MOVED to isolation.  Depending on the ship and how many other cases, this can be to a balcony, porthole or inside.  All 3 have been reported.  

12 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

If you are quarantined for 24 hours after being deemed a close contact, you stay in your own cabin. If you are isolated due to testing positive, you move to a "red zone" cabin. Spoiler Alert: It won't be a suite.

• Like 2

The passenger that was quarantined in an inside cabin was moved to a veranda.  This was reported on another thread.

What is scary is some 5000+ cases of covid reported to the CDC on cruise ships in the 2 week from 15 December. 

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

Bottom line to being quarantined. You’re not guaranteed a certain type of accommodations. It’s up to the ship and each ship has been different based upon the reporting here on CC. It’s my understanding that the staterooms being used was supposed to have a different airflow setup to contain the virus so certain staterooms are already identified but regardless be prepared for an inside stateroom as a possibility. 

2 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The passenger that was quarantined in an inside cabin was moved to a veranda.  This was reported on another thread.

What is scary is some 5000+ cases of covid reported to the CDC on cruise ships in the 2 weeks

Scary?  Or just expected at this point since vaccines, boosters, or most masks don't protect you from getting and spreading Omicron.  They will help to keep your case mild or even asymptomatic.  But cruise ships are required to react to positive tests and quarantine accordingly.  If you get really sick they will get you off the ship.  Quarantine for everybody else.  Too much risk for me at this point.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Algebralovr said:

They were using deck 3 and deck 6 for the Dec 26 sailing. Some of that is for crew who are doing their isolation before being allowed to work. 

Same back in November.

Can't even see deck 6 when doing a mock booking on a warehouse club site.

30 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Scary?  Or just expected at this point since vaccines, boosters, or most masks don't protect you from getting and spreading Omicron.  They will help to keep your case mild or even asymptomatic.  But cruise ships are required to react to positive tests and quarantine accordingly.  If you get really sick they will get you off the ship.  Quarantine for everybody else.  Too much risk for me at this point.

We're at the point where we're counting the number of people who roll through the stop sign and declaring the intersection hazardous, without regard to the number of accidents that occur. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/7/2022 at 10:41 AM, Pickels said:

No!  inside cabins are not being used! If Positive it would be an Oceanview!