Fly to fun info

mamaboss

I'm a new Carnival cruiser. Can anyone comment on well the fly to fun works? I have used it on Princess and for the most part it worked fine. I checked the flights and they are 2-300.00 cheaper to book with fly to the fun. Also, are these flights refundable if booked flexible? Because of this covid world we live in now, have to make sure all bases are covered! 

If you book flexible, the flights are refundable up to 60 days prior to sailing. You don’t pay for the flights until final payment for the cruise.  You can select your airline and flights, but at present they only offer coach.  On some airlines you can select your seat right away, and others you need to wait till you’re officially ticketed, 60 days prior to the cruise.  Until then you have a booking number and it’s officially held for you but not booked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

If you book flexible, the flights are refundable up to 60 days prior to sailing. You don’t pay for the flights until final payment for the cruise.  You can select your airline and flights, but at present they only offer coach.  On some airlines you can select your seat right away, and others you need to wait till you’re officially ticketed, 60 days prior to the cruise.  Until then you have a booking number and it’s officially held for you but not booked.

The technical side (online) is much better than it used to be.  The restrictions can be daunting (like no seat assignment), currently working thru one for a med cruise for October.  

52 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

The technical side (online) is much better than it used to be.  The restrictions can be daunting (like no seat assignment), currently working thru one for a med cruise for October.  

I agree about seat assignments, but the prices are certainly good, and I seem to have worked my around the seat assignment issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

I got around the seat assignments with IcelandAir by having Celebrity ticket my flights. They kept the same flexible/refundable cancellation policy despite ticketing it.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

I got around the seat assignments with IcelandAir by having Celebrity ticket my flights. They kept the same flexible/refundable cancellation policy despite ticketing it.

I hear you.  We tried that, did not work

7 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

@jimbo5544 I'm interested in this for my October 11 Med sailing but I don't see anything in my Cruise Manager or Planner.  What am I missing?  Do I have to go through my TA?

You can do it yourself.  Go to Carnival.com website and log it   Go to manage your cruise, and ensure your booking number is there.  OOn left side if screen is categories, click and get drop down and fly2fun will be there  We are getting off as you will be getting on.

• Thanks 2

I booked my flight from.SJC to LAX on Alaska on my own for $210r/t in First Class for my Feb Panorama. Fare went down by $60 so I pocketed it in the Alaska Wallet.

Airfare includes lounge access at LAX, 2 checked bags,Seat Assignments and Celebratory Woodford! 

Carnival wanted just a smidge less for Economy 😁.

Now I can bring home extra Espresso Chocolate Vodka home from Mexico.That stuff is addictive .

Edited by travelplus

Finally found it.  Tiny little print up at the top of the page.  I was looking for it where they have icons of different categories.  Even down at the bottom of the screen, they list a bunch of things to pre-purchase but not the Fly2Fun.

My options are on AA.  It doesn't say if it's Basic Economy or Main Cabin.  I would hope it's Main.

Over $300 difference between Carnival's fare and what's showing on AA's site.

I have some AA miles.  Even if allowed, I don't have enough to upgrade, which certainly would be nice on that uncomfortable overnight flight.  I don't sleep sitting up. 😞

21 minutes ago, mamaboss said:

Sorry! One more question please. How do I find the flights I booked in my booking? I went thru the website many times and I just dont see it. Thanks

I haven’t been able to see mine either.  I just have the printout from when they were booked, and I can go to the airline websites using the booking numbers and see them there.  Carnival should have the information along with other information on the cruise booking, but they don’t seem to.

4 hours ago, mamaboss said:

Sorry! One more question please. How do I find the flights I booked in my booking? I went thru the website many times and I just dont see it. Thanks

I use Fly to Fun, since I fly from the midwest in winter.  I do not see it in planner either.  You can see your flight details in the cabin confirmation you were sent by looking at the attachment on that email.

17 hours ago, CruiseJB said:

I use Fly to Fun, since I fly from the midwest in winter.  I do not see it in planner either.  You can see your flight details in the cabin confirmation you were sent by looking at the attachment on that email.

I booked the cruise last August and have that booking. Will they send me a new booking with flights added?

2 minutes ago, mamaboss said:

I booked the cruise last August and have that booking. Will they send me a new booking with flights added?

I did not receive a new email confirmation with the flights added.  All I can see you my booking is that the price of the flight is added to the amount due.

Cautionary tale....

I booked flights for the 7 of us thru Fly to the Fun. I went to Delta's website and set up all our seats. This was about a month ago. I checked a few days later and everything looked good. Today I went into Delta's site and suddenly we have NO SEAT ASSIGNMENTS! Ugh. The plane is very full (March) and there are NO aisle seats at all, so I had to split us all up in 2s. 

This is really annoying. I am normally a Princess cruiser and it would seem like Carnival should check out how their sister company does this as I have never had these issues on Princess. What kind of a crazy thing too....you can't even see on the Carnival site what you booked, so how would you change to a different flight without calling ...what a pain.

OK. Rant over... 🤐