Cruising into Twenty - Twenty two : Something old and something Nieuw

scubacruiserx2

8 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

A reception Committee ?

I have seen too many of these in too many ports and am thankful none of them were for me.

8 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Down for our last meal

Apricots to start!  Yes!  I love those.

Did you artistically arrange your breakfast plate?  Excellent choices for breakfast.  The waffles certainly looked better than the frozen Blueberry Waffles I had on Saturday morning.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I have seen too many of these in too many ports and am thankful none of them were for me.

Apricots to start!  Yes!  I love those.

Did you artistically arrange your breakfast plate?  Excellent choices for breakfast.  The waffles certainly looked better than the frozen Blueberry Waffles I had on Saturday morning.  

We hope that they have Apricots on the Enchanted Princess . We did get a negative on our Covid tests yesterday and so it's one more wakeup and then we're off to the port . Yes I do move the food around sometimes . It's suppose to get to 80 F today but tomorrow it's a high of 70 and a low of 58 - nice !

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We hope that they have Apricots on the Enchanted Princess .

Princess' Breakfast menus, at least in the recent past, offer either a whole Baked Apple or Baked Apple slices.  While I like Apricots, I can get those at home.  The Baked Apple slices are something that I wouldn't make for myself early in the morning.  And, they are delicious.  

10 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Princess' Breakfast menus, at least in the recent past, offer either a whole Baked Apple or Baked Apple slices.  While I like Apricots, I can get those at home.  The Baked Apple slices are something that I wouldn't make for myself early in the morning.  And, they are delicious.  

We're having a little fog and rain before a cool front moves in currently . A baked Apple will taste good in the morning before Princess Cay ( Eleuthera ) .

• Like 3

We boarded at 11:30 and had lunch in a MDR . The ship is bigger , loader and more busy than our HAL cruise . Eleuthera will not allow us to leave port tomorrow but we may go ashore depending on the rain which we're in now . Dinner at the Crown Gill Steak House at 18:30 .

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We are scheduled to arrive tomorrow from our 10 day cruise to the Southern Caribbean on the Enchanted Princess . We hope to start a review tomorrow on Princess and will be comparing it to our 9 day cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam here on HAL .

I am looking forward to your review.  I have been wondering how your cruise on Enchanted Princess was going.  

22 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I am looking forward to your review.  I have been wondering how your cruise on Enchanted Princess was going.  

The cruise and disembarking went well . Our battery was shot at Park in Go and we had to hitch a ride to get a battery and we reinstalled it . The ride was an hour and a half to pick up junk mail on the way home . Our pool was was still being resurfaced so we went to return the old battery at our local Advanced auto . Lunch at a favorite restaurant ( Think Tamarind ) and returned home to a flooded laundry from a rusted hot water heater . The pool was being refilled and will take 36-48 hours . The water heater was replaced late this afternoon so we can now bath and do laundry . 🙂 The other computer crashed so I'm learned a new system . Uploading 4 K  photos is completed and editing and writing to begin in the morning the Good Lord willing and if the creek doesn't rise . 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

The cruise and disembarking went well . Our battery was shot at Park in Go and we had to hitch a ride to get a battery and we reinstalled it . The ride was an hour and a half to pick up junk mail on the way home . Our pool was was still being resurfaced so we went to return the old battery at our local Advanced auto . Lunch at a favorite restaurant ( Think Tamarind ) and returned home to a flooded laundry from a rusted hot water heater . The pool was being refilled and will take 36-48 hours . The water heater was replaced late this afternoon so we can now bath and do laundry . 🙂 The other computer crashed so I'm learned a new system . Uploading 4 K  photos is completed and editing and writing to begin in the morning the Good Lord willing and if the creek doesn't rise . 

👎👎👎     What a "welcome home"!  

I hope your wine cellar was well filled.

I have never had such an experience.  There is always the question after the car has been parked in the port's garage for awhile:  will it "go" when I want it to.  So far, so good.  The most irritating "welcome home" experience for me was when I walked in my front door and the carbon monoxide detector was beeping.  There is nothing in my condo that is going to produce CO.  (It had to be installed because of "code".)  First job was then to try to remove the battery and silence the darn thing.  I ended up having to tear the entire unit out of the ceiling.  The wires that connected to it still dangle.

Tomorrow will be a better day, I wish for you!    

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

👎👎👎     What a "welcome home"!  

I hope your wine cellar was well filled.

I have never had such an experience.  There is always the question after the car has been parked in the port's garage for awhile:  will it "go" when I want it to.  So far, so good.  The most irritating "welcome home" experience for me was when I walked in my front door and the carbon monoxide detector was beeping.  There is nothing in my condo that is going to produce CO.  (It had to be installed because of "code".)  First job was then to try to remove the battery and silence the darn thing.  I ended up having to tear the entire unit out of the ceiling.  The wires that connected to it still dangle.

Tomorrow will be a better day, I wish for you!    

Yikes ! Testing the new uploads . Lunch

1840219061_DSC05636(2).thumb.JPG.36930b6549a7b4d02d8dc973028bb0be.JPG

385818338_DSC05639(2).thumb.JPG.ce82c4d726cc58945a6ac87980150f41.JPG

83383274_DSC05642(2).thumb.JPG.e0162230adfd7621e027c3dc66731564.JPG

80904397_DSC05644(2).thumb.JPG.3756e0818ff4b5e0d283d89224448df8.JPG

1699317023_DSC05641(2).thumb.JPG.fec20482897ba0f740fa57f0142ff81f.JPG

Filling the pool

871048788_DSC05659(2).thumb.JPG.05144c9797ed38582f795ed5e933d210.JPG

Out with the old and in with the new

DSC05677.thumb.JPG.c89a043bd2ce3e1aaacced4eb501b65c.JPG

675382065_DSC05683(2).thumb.JPG.72c66e1c1a1b38c42e4877c3b8a20ad9.JPG

• Like 3

17 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Hot water is on and the Laundry is done !

My water heater is a Rheem and it has done well even dealing in a community that has hard water.  Did I see in your photo that there is a collecting pan underneath the unit with a drain that connects to some way to collect and channel away from one's interior if the water if the tank leaks?  Did your old heater have that?  Did it do any good?  Mine does and I have wondered if such a device really would be effective in keeping the water from a leaking water heater contained.  

58 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

My water heater is a Rheem and it has done well even dealing in a community that has hard water.  Did I see in your photo that there is a collecting pan underneath the unit with a drain that connects to some way to collect and channel away from one's interior if the water if the tank leaks?  Did your old heater have that?  Did it do any good?  Mine does and I have wondered if such a device really would be effective in keeping the water from a leaking water heater contained.  

Our first water heater went 20 years and was replaced 7 years ago by the one that rusted out on Friday . We have well water with a demand softener . We did not have a pan until yesterday and the plumber said that it should help and the unit should last 10 years . We'll see ( but we hope not ) . 😉

We just turned off the water to the pool so thank Heaven that our well and pumps have kept working . 😊

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

My Rheem has been working for several years.  Glad to know that your plumber agreed with mine that the pan underneath ought to be of benefit.  Whenever I am away for any length of time, I turn off the water to my condo.  

Fantastic ! We usually turn off the water but with the pool being resurfaced they needed the water .

• Like 1