Dutch Cafe question

Sunchaser46

On 1/8/2022 at 11:00 PM, roxybear135 said:

Yes, it covers the coffee and alcoholic beverages as long as they are under $11.

On the Rotterdam it did not include my chai tea latte.  Not sure why. The ham and cheese sanwiches were outstanding.

1 hour ago, OC PAT said:

......The ham and cheese sanwiches were outstanding.

Bill and Maryann on their blog report eating them quite often for lunch too. What do they do at the Dutch Cafe that pushes hem up a notch from a "regular" ham and cheese sandwiches?

Types of ham, cheese, bread, condiments, process .....??? Thanks.

1 hour ago, OC PAT said:

The ham and cheese sanwiches were outstanding.

Agree. Delicious.  Also, believe it or not, but the pea soup is very, very good!

(we are so cheap we go to lido and bring back our iced tea to enjoy with our Dutch Cafe lunch!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, but FYI they only had about 2 -3 of the Belgian beers listed, no Chimay or some others that are listed on the menu. I was planning to get several bottles and bring them to our cabana for a beer flight tasting but that didn't happen during our new years cruise on the Koningsdam.

On 1/13/2022 at 11:23 PM, Bostonjetset said:

No. The food is included. Only drinks have a charge and it’s not required to get a drink to order food. 

How about the packets of drop (licorice )?  I saw on some pictures that those are exactly the brand I always eat 😋

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, rotjeknor said:

How about the packets of drop (licorice )?  I saw on some pictures that those are exactly the brand I always eat 😋

Those you have to pay for. They are packaged like in a grocery store. I bought some and they are delicious. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rotjeknor said:

In that case , I shouldn't have any worries about getting corona , vaccinated, boostered and licoriced...😅

Not for me!  I had been eating 3 or 4 a day a few weeks prior to my scheduled departure, but alas, the virus cancelled that for me.  And I was pretty much "under the weather" for a good 16 days. Still feeling the effects - headache, fatigue and sore throat. 

47 minutes ago, trixiee said:

Not for me!  I had been eating 3 or 4 a day a few weeks prior to my scheduled departure, but alas, the virus cancelled that for me.  And I was pretty much "under the weather" for a good 16 days. Still feeling the effects - headache, fatigue and sore throat. 

Sorry to hear that !

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Is the Dutch Cafe on all HAL ships, or just the newer/larger ones?  For example, would it be on the Zaandam?

It is only on the Pinnacle class ships. So not on Zaandam,

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 1/16/2022 at 3:03 PM, Bostonjetset said:

Those you have to pay for. They are packaged like in a grocery store. I bought some and they are delicious. 

Do you remember the brand name?  I had some on Rotterdam and would love to order more online but can’t for the life of me remember what it was called. I devoured a few bags on our cruise!

On 1/16/2022 at 1:40 PM, rotjeknor said:

Please tell me the brand name! I’ve been craving more ever since my Rotterdam cruise!