Royal Cancelled Symphony Cruise, Offered NOTHING

3 hours ago, ChC said:

Don't be mean to the OP. With NCL just introduced a new level (Diamond) between Platinum and Ambassador, and renaming the Platinum Plus to Sapphire,  you might be regret when RCL decide the gap between Diamond Plus to Pinnacle is too big and to introduce a new tier called Diamond Platinum or Diamond Pro or Diamond 4Ever to narrow the gap, like what NCL literally did TODAY!

Seriously, be nice to other people. The original poster obviously made a mistake, there is no progress by beating the same tiny mistake repeatedly. After all if RCL really introduce a new Diamond Platinum lever following NCL's action today, you might end up be the fool and the OP would be the SAGE or prophet. 

That would add a bit a fun to this thread  If they did add a level now.  Personally, I’d be delighted.  I doubt it will be called Diamond Platinum, though. 

I do feel badly for anyone whose cruise was cancelled.   Most of us have been there and do have some empathy.  Still, there are ways to draw more helpful responses and ways to draw more snark with one’s title  and  first post to a thread.

• Like 1

If I may offer some useful information with the caveat that it may be elsewhere in these 4 pages of ridicule. We are on Adventure now and I’m pretty sure Symphony pulled in next to us in Cozumel yesterday. Which ever ship it was, and I think it was Symphony, is being used as a quarantine ship for crew. We spoke to a waitress who told us if an employee has to quarantine for 7 days they, along with all others who were exposed, are sent over and some number of employees who have been aboard the quarantine ship for their 7 day minimum are sent to the ship needing staff. Basically, under this new practice an employee would never know what ship they would wind up or or where they might go. If they are sent to the quarantine ship they have to pack their entire belongings and take them along. It was a very sad conversation since these are not infected crew members, just exposed.  The waitress told us she and her husband had been out of work for 2 years during the shutdown. My life sure is good. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lifes-a-beach said:

If I may offer some useful information with the caveat that it may be elsewhere in these 4 pages of ridicule. We are on Adventure now and I’m pretty sure Symphony pulled in next to us in Cozumel yesterday. Which ever ship it was, and I think it was Symphony, is being used as a quarantine ship for crew. We spoke to a waitress who told us if an employee has to quarantine for 7 days they, along with all others who were exposed, are sent over and some number of employees who have been aboard the quarantine ship for their 7 day minimum are sent to the ship needing staff. Basically, under this new practice an employee would never know what ship they would wind up or or where they might go. If they are sent to the quarantine ship they have to pack their entire belongings and take them along. It was a very sad conversation since these are not infected crew members, just exposed.  The waitress told us she and her husband had been out of work for 2 years during the shutdown. My life sure is good. 

I think there is a thread about the 4 hospital ships if you are interested.

Back to the submit, take the fcc if you booked with double pts. They are letting people keep the double pt offers if you book under the same booking number. The FCC should be tied to the offer. I would be sad to lose my double pt bookings.

On 1/10/2022 at 9:14 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

couldn't you book some other cruise rather than lose $750? Anything else? I'd rather cruise an itinerary we've sailed many times before than lose $750.

If I could have found something for $750 yes,  but I really didn't want to add another $2000 to that for a vacation that we really didn't want to take.   And honestly, cruising doesn't even sound fun at all right now.  I'd rather take my lumps and do something fun. 

• Like 2

On 1/10/2022 at 11:12 AM, Pratique said:

At least the OP got 2 weeks notice. I got 24 hours notice.

When your money is tied up the frustration is real. I feel the OP's pain. Picking on someone isn't helpful here. Let them vent.

I agree!   Be nice people!!

I feel sorry for the people who flew out of the NE and NW during a snow storm last week, only to get to Fla and find out their cruise was canceled when they turned their phones on upon landing.  Maybe if they were Diamond status, the cruise line would have contacted each airline to alert the passengers. Lol