Sky Princess Sky Suite benefits?

Ehg

8 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Thor the land-based concierge will help arrange it if they offer it on your cruise. He can also reserve the Sanctuary (if you want it).

Thanks for the information.  I do love the sanctuary but would probably forgo it on this sailing. I think I’m going to have enough friends to fill a WM table. Glad to know I can get that set up if it’s offered. 

• Like 2

April was amazing on our cruise in July. She was like a Fairy Godmother sorting out everything for us. The Sky Suite is amazing. We got it at a very good price due to the itinerary changes on The Enchanted due to her Baltic cruises being cancelled due to Putin. I don’t think we will be able to do it again as the regular price is too high, but we will have the memories for ever. April made it very, very special. 

• 8 months later...

I would have thought so if ordering room service, as the medallion will find your guests wherever they are.  However we didn’t put it to the test on our recent Sky Suite on Sky. The dining table only seats 4 though. If not your SEM should be able to organise for you, as a one off.  Otherwise just order for all of you off the TV. Have a great trip, you will love it. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2023 at 4:53 PM, JennyS8675309 said:

If a Family Member is staying in the sky suite on Discovery Princess, are other members of the family whom are in their own suites able to join for meals in the Sky Suite Room? Do they limit those allowed to visit

They can join you but will most likely be charged whatever the cost might be. Having said that, if you order from the Medallion from the regular room service menu, that should be fine. I'm more talking about the included Balcony Breakfast and Dinner. The Balcony dinner was so worth it it. It was the only time/place we were able to get cold-water lobsters, which we prefer. It's just a sweeter meat all around.

So this is long overdue but we stayed in the Sky Princess Sky Suite November 2022 for our 7-Day Western Caribbean Cruise.

We treated my parents. And it was worth it! It created such a wonderful memory which we talk about from time to time. My parents have NEVER had such VIP treatment. It was so fun to watch them get wow-ed. Our Suite Manager was just wonderful to them. My parents are mid-late 80's. They were treated with such kindness. Of course, we were all very appreciative and kind back.

Anyway - we were quite lucky to get a chance to experience the Sky Suite.

There's just SO MUCH that comes with it though - it's okay to not do everything especially if you are not on a long cruise. Unless you like being a busy-body.

I like having a lot of chill time between activities. Here are some things top of my list that I don't regret doing. Keep in mind this is purely subjective and in no way a review:

1) Princess Cays complimentary bungalow

2) Complimentary Balcony Dinner - those cold water lobsters were *chef's kiss!*

3) Reserved seating in Princess Theater (but only for the main production shows because that's the only shows I enjoy watching)

4) Complimentary Sail away champagne and hor d-oeurves

5) Crown Grill and Sabatini's - both complimentary (one must be on embarkation day)

6) Access to Sabatini's for Breakfast - full suites only

7) Expedited Club Class dining - full suites only

8. Not complementary but first dibs on getting on the Chef's Table list which gets booked quickly with waiting lists.

9) Free fridge refill - nice to have cold Coke zero and beer waiting for us when we got back from a day out - and while my parents do not drink much, they didn't mind a Corona with lime once in awhile

Things we tried but was just okay for me:

1) Complimentary Enclave - My husband loved it, but the chlorine was way too strong for me (I'm allergic to it though)

2) Complimentary Balcony Breakfast - Preferred breakfast in Sabatinis; not that the balcony breakfast was bad, though. We were just getting tired of eating.

3) Princess Cays complimentary special lunch - We just can't eat that much anymore as we get older and I don't like wasted food; I should have pre-planned the food with our Suite Manager so that one was on me.

4) Invite to special events at the Concierge Lounge - a bit too crowded. We should have not let FOMO get in our way as we had to rush from there to dinner.

5) Concierge Lounge - great food and service, but unfortunately the location was a bit too far for my parents to travel to.

Things we were offered but didn't have a chance to try:

1) Nespresso machine - Okay, so I was looking forward to using it since only the two Sky Suites have one as well as the captain. But they gave my parents a free coffee package and my husband and I got specialty coffee with the Princess Plus pkg which was only added for us (my parents drink very little so it wasn't worth it for them), the Americano at Sabatini's and iced coffee at International Cafe were amazing!

2) Full 2 hard liquor plus mixers - There was just too much to drink as is. We didn't even finish the complimentary champagne that came with both our Balcony breakfast/dinner. Some bottles were never opened.

3) Afternoon Tea in our suite. We planned to, really. But we're all getting older and our appetites are just not what it used to be.

So for those who stayed in the Sky Suite - what did you enjoy the most that was included?

Edited by shythom
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Thanks for posting this. Boy it’s pretty loud on the balcony facing MUTS. And not quite enough even on the balcony facing Sanctuary.  I am in the sky suite for 10 days this spring and have been really curious about the noise levels on the balconies. So thanks again!

We asked the Entertainment Director if the DJ could use a little less volume as we could hear him inside the suite. That was sorted ok. As for outside we sat at the back in the main and didn’t really notice any noise.

47 minutes ago, ElWatzero III said:

We asked the Entertainment Director if the DJ could use a little less volume as we could hear him inside the suite. That was sorted ok. As for outside we sat at the back in the main and didn’t really notice any noise.

I appreciate this feedback. I’m getting no discount on this suite. At $1000 per person per day I would expect I could have peace and quiet in my room and at least on part of my deck.  Just curious I would have thought to ask the SEM. Is there a reason you didn’t ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I appreciate this feedback. I’m getting no discount on this suite. At $1000 per person per day I would expect I could have peace and quiet in my room and at least on part of my deck.  Just curious I would have thought to ask the SEM. Is there a reason you didn’t ?

We knew the Entertainment Director and Cruise Director from previous cruises and mentioned the noise from the DJ to them as they look after the DJ which they said that they would sort.

5 hours ago, ElWatzero III said:

We knew the Entertainment Director and Cruise Director from previous cruises and mentioned the noise from the DJ to them as they look after the DJ which they said that they would sort.

Got it thanks!  I’m glad they listened to you and took care of it to your satisfaction. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/5/2023 at 2:18 PM, shythom said:

So this is long overdue but we stayed in the Sky Princess Sky Suite November 2022 for our 7-Day Western Caribbean Cruise.

We treated my parents. And it was worth it! It created such a wonderful memory which we talk about from time to time. My parents have NEVER had such VIP treatment. It was so fun to watch them get wow-ed. Our Suite Manager was just wonderful to them. My parents are mid-late 80's. They were treated with such kindness. Of course, we were all very appreciative and kind back.

Anyway - we were quite lucky to get a chance to experience the Sky Suite.

There's just SO MUCH that comes with it though - it's okay to not do everything especially if you are not on a long cruise. Unless you like being a busy-body.

I like having a lot of chill time between activities. Here are some things top of my list that I don't regret doing. Keep in mind this is purely subjective and in no way a review:

1) Princess Cays complimentary bungalow

2) Complimentary Balcony Dinner - those cold water lobsters were *chef's kiss!*

3) Reserved seating in Princess Theater (but only for the main production shows because that's the only shows I enjoy watching)

4) Complimentary Sail away champagne and hor d-oeurves

5) Crown Grill and Sabatini's - both complimentary (one must be on embarkation day)

6) Access to Sabatini's for Breakfast - full suites only

7) Expedited Club Class dining - full suites only

8. Not complementary but first dibs on getting on the Chef's Table list which gets booked quickly with waiting lists.

9) Free fridge refill - nice to have cold Coke zero and beer waiting for us when we got back from a day out - and while my parents do not drink much, they didn't mind a Corona with lime once in awhile

Things we tried but was just okay for me:

1) Complimentary Enclave - My husband loved it, but the chlorine was way too strong for me (I'm allergic to it though)

2) Complimentary Balcony Breakfast - Preferred breakfast in Sabatinis; not that the balcony breakfast was bad, though. We were just getting tired of eating.

3) Princess Cays complimentary special lunch - We just can't eat that much anymore as we get older and I don't like wasted food; I should have pre-planned the food with our Suite Manager so that one was on me.

4) Invite to special events at the Concierge Lounge - a bit too crowded. We should have not let FOMO get in our way as we had to rush from there to dinner.

5) Concierge Lounge - great food and service, but unfortunately the location was a bit too far for my parents to travel to.

Things we were offered but didn't have a chance to try:

1) Nespresso machine - Okay, so I was looking forward to using it since only the two Sky Suites have one as well as the captain. But they gave my parents a free coffee package and my husband and I got specialty coffee with the Princess Plus pkg which was only added for us (my parents drink very little so it wasn't worth it for them), the Americano at Sabatini's and iced coffee at International Cafe were amazing!

2) Full 2 hard liquor plus mixers - There was just too much to drink as is. We didn't even finish the complimentary champagne that came with both our Balcony breakfast/dinner. Some bottles were never opened.

3) Afternoon Tea in our suite. We planned to, really. But we're all getting older and our appetites are just not what it used to be.

So for those who stayed in the Sky Suite - what did you enjoy the most that was included?

Great review, thank you for posting!

Was the free fridge refill because you are Elite or is it a benefit of the Sky Suite?

I'm considering a Sky Suite cruise for 2024 and I seem to find conflicting information regarding the fridge refills.

Thanks!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ElWatzero III said:

We found our fridge filled every day with beer and soft drinks and even though we’re Elite, I am sure this was because we were in the Sky Suite. This was May 2022, so things may have changed since?

Thank you 

On 10/27/2023 at 7:55 AM, ElWatzero III said:

We found our fridge filled every day with beer and soft drinks and even though we’re Elite, I am sure this was because we were in the Sky Suite. This was May 2022, so things may have changed since?

Thanks for coming back to respond. Did you have the Plus or Premium package? 

2 minutes ago, ElWatzero III said:

Neither, as for us there’s enough alcohol provided in the suite and free drinks in the Concierge Lounge every day if required especially as our parents don’t drink

That’s exactly what I was thinking. We have the Sky Suite for the 10 day total eclipse of the sun sailing this April. We are also on the 3 day sailing prior but booked an aft facing corner penthouse on Riviera for that part.  That wrap around deck looks pretty amazing and the lounge is right there. Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

We sale on Dec 23 - in a Sky Suite on Discovery.  Does anyone recall the type of pods  the Nespresso machine in these 2 suites - Origional pods or the new larger style Verturo?   Medallion's - is there a color dedicated to the Sky Suites.  Finally (For Today), I understand from reading variuous posts - outside the doors to the cabin, the screen has the names of the occupants?  It it possible not to have this visabloe.or 1st names only?   Thank you.....  David 

13 hours ago, askworldtraveler said:

We sale on Dec 23 - in a Sky Suite on Discovery.  Does anyone recall the type of pods  the Nespresso machine in these 2 suites - Origional pods or the new larger style Verturo?   Medallion's - is there a color dedicated to the Sky Suites.  Finally (For Today), I understand from reading variuous posts - outside the doors to the cabin, the screen has the names of the occupants?  It it possible not to have this visabloe.or 1st names only?   Thank you.....  David 

If you don't get an answer about the pods I'd just bring both.  I read that the sky suite color is different - white.  Recently on "TxTeach79's LIVE Regal return to Princess Solo Thanksgiving - 11/19/23" on post #564 he posted the cabin door screen & now just shows first name & last initial.  Not sure if all ships are updated.

13 hours ago, askworldtraveler said:

Large pods. 
Medallion is white. 
When we sailed last year occupants names were displayed outside. Looks as though this might have changed. 

16 hours ago, askworldtraveler said:

Our medallions were white but that could have been due to the inaugural year.

i posted a photo of the coffee machine. It’s the same type they have in the NCL Haven suites. Nespresso I think. 

Enjoy that suite and all the perks that come with it! The ultimate balcony breakfast and dinner were amazing! 

IMG_4693.png

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1