Allure Crown Loft suites

Scubadoc

Considering booking a cruise later this month on the Allure and noticed that the crown loft suites are still available and seem to be priced pretty reasonably.  We have never been in any cabin like this. Does anyone have experience with this cabin and do you recommend it? The videos online look incredible.  The price is about half of the next level of suite and that makes me wonder if I'm missing something that makes this class of suite less desirable?

Are there any of these suites that are preferable to another? Because of location or other reasons? Thanx!

I would only book a CL if I could pick my location. Some overlook the deck below and not the ocean . That would drive me crazy and I would never use the balcony.

Other than that- if it's just two people I wouldn't mind one with an  ocean view . 

You are close to the suite lounge and CK so happy hour access is a breeze!

Edited by forgotmyCCname
  • Like 1

I was just in a CLS last month on Allure....second time staying in a CLS on Allure. The side facing CLS facing the ocean are better than the aft facing CLS as they have privacy and full ocean views. The aft facing are not private at all as you are in full view on your balcony. The 2 side facing units to avoid are 1702 and 1756 as they have smaller balconies. They are wonderful cabins...great space and separation of bedroom and living room...and 2 full bathrooms....loved this cabin.

• Like 1

I got one at an incredible rate in September .

I took one of the side suites overlooking the ocean . 

The perks are nice too... costal kitchen , internet ,  suite lounge ,  free drinks from 11 - 11 . 

• 1 month later...

We booked 1734. I am not sure about the view. It was the only CL available when we booked.  1702 is now available. Is it worth moving to 1702 since it has the smallest balcony?   Does anyone know if three chairs would fit on the balcony?

my guess is the steps turn some people off but i think it's one of the coolest suites. was my first royal trip on oasis last year. also while i have not researched more than a few harmoney and symphony fares, i do wonder why oasis seems to be cheaper for the CLS? i paid under 3K pp for the suite but on those other 2 ships they are normally much much more expensive. unsure the reason for that but i'm curious

regarding the smaller balcony, maybe youtube has that exact suite but im betting every CLS has room for 2 full loungers. it's what makes it such a fantastic balcony. bigger than the tiny ones on some of the haven rooms on NCL for much higher pricing. i do recommend the ocean view unless you reallllly like to be on display. 

the other thing is the location of the lounge and CK. on oasis between 11 and 11 you can pretty much get any basic drink free. we did load up on cans of soda and water in the cabin. next time wont order water. when i looked to book my 2nd oasis trip, i looked at all the other suites, grand has a nice layout but doesnt compare to the balcony on CLS. so wound up in CLS again. 

the shower in the upstairs bathroom is larger than downstairs so the downstairs bathroom is 'more roomy' which is nice. you should bring a usb battery brick since there are no outlets next to the bed but thats like it on a lotta ships. also the hallway for the CLS is the widest cabin hall ive ever seen. pretty much the size as the love boat on tv (which was totally unrealistic of course).

the fact that you get free internet. the drinks from the SL and CK close by makes the CLS the most economical suite deal in my opinion. i did bid on a star loft but to me while it looks bigger it doesnt justify the pure cash outlay to buy it. also u could get one facing the back of the ship which is less private but i didnt win the bid. would have been fun to have a genie. 

if you are ok with steps you gotta try CLS at least once. 

The ocean facing CLS is our preferred suite on the Oasis Class ships. The nice thing about Allure is the double shower upstairs. For some dumb reason they put a tub in the later builds. My wife is an early riser and she can sneak downstairs and get ready for the day without waking me. Lastly, deck 17 is quiet and being close to the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen is a plus especially around dinner time.

• Like 3

On my first Oasis  class cruise we were upgraded to a back facing CL and we have never done anything else cruising Oasis class on Oasis, Allure, Harmony, Symphony including cruises in Sept & Oct 2021 on Oasis and Allure in about a week.

I don't think anyone is watching me on the balcony and I'm not doing anything worth entertaining anyone.  But I love to see the flowriders, the ball court, mini-golf, the zip line, the boardwalk and a decent amount of the Aquatheater.  And even from smack in the middle of the back facing CLs there is more than sufficient views of the ocean in 3 directions.

That they seem to be priced more favorably than other suites just makes them more appealing to me.  I think Oasis is cheaper than Harmony & Symphony just because H&S are newer and perhaps have stronger demand than Oasis overall.

• Like 2

Agree with WmFoster , the newer ships usually command a premium over the other ships in the class. 

So you get to sail at a discount on the older ships , which is fine with me . 

I dont need the new ship smell , and enjoy the cruise just the same. 

• Like 1

We have done both side ocean view as well as back deck view.

I love the back view to people watch and the DH loves the ocean view.

We spend some time on the balcony, but do not spend excessive time'.

For us the CLS is so worth it for us, with closeness to the SL and CK.

We have gotten 1748 frequently as well as 1734.

Enjoy the extra room, bathrooms, and just plain location.

Take care.

22 hours ago, rosie#1 said:

We booked 1734. I am not sure about the view. It was the only CL available when we booked.  1702 is now available. Is it worth moving to 1702 since it has the smallest balcony?   Does anyone know if three chairs would fit on the balcony?

Here is a pix of balcony 1702 . You can see that one of the loungers has to be angled to fit.

image.png

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, loman said:

Agree with WmFoster , the newer ships usually command a premium over the other ships in the class. 

So you get to sail at a discount on the older ships , which is fine with me . 

I dont need the new ship smell , and enjoy the cruise just the same. 

since they are newer what are the additions to those ships that arent on oasis. 

We spent two weeks in a rear facing CLS in January and really liked it. Better than non stop open ocean to me. I don’t think I could do the center rear facing rooms because I’m afraid of heights and would freak out looking down all the way to the Boardwalk. 
My wife loved watching the kids play miniature golf and the zip line. 
Here’s a pic from our cabin. 
image.thumb.jpeg.759b64aaa47c0dcdef8608209387486d.jpeg

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

since they are newer what are the additions to those ships that arent on oasis. 

Ship layout is primarily the same. The newer ships have  added slides at the back of the ship and some restaurants have changed . 

9 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I love the back view to people watch and the DH loves the ocean view.

We are exactly the same. 😁 Had the back view on Oasis in December for me, so it’s an OV on Allure this September for him. We love being on deck 17. 🙂

On 2/11/2022 at 10:51 AM, rosie#1 said:

We were in 1702 on the Allure in Early November.  The balcony is a bit smaller than others and only accommodate 2 chairs, one of which has to be at an angle in order to fit on the balcony.

On 2/11/2022 at 8:51 AM, rosie#1 said:

We were in 1732 on Oasis pre-amplification. We loved it.  We actually prefer the aft lofts where you get a sweeping ocean view along with the best people watching.  You should have a great view down the Boardwalk. And since Allure is not amplified yet, you will have a view of the aqua theater.  We loved sitting out on the balcony and watching the divers practice.  The privacy issue never bothered me., especially when you are in the center CLs.  Here is a video of 1734 on Allure.  A bit old, but gives you the general idea of the cabin and view. 

We were in a CLS on Harmony in November, yes, there is enough room for 3 chairs.  We had 2 loungers and 2 chairs and a table on ours.  

It's a great suite, absolutely agree about getting one on the side, closest to the middle of the CLS's best views, quiet.  

On 1/10/2022 at 9:03 PM, Scubadoc said:

The price is about half of the next level of suite

The next level (star class) suite have more room, square footage wise an have bundled in perk like the unlimited dining package, the beverage package, an gratuities. You also get a Royal Genie, which is like a personal concierge on steroids. 

13 hours ago, cured said:

We were in 1732 on Oasis pre-amplification. We loved it.  We actually prefer the aft lofts where you get a sweeping ocean view along with the best people watching.  You should have a great view down the Boardwalk. And since Allure is not amplified yet, you will have a view of the aqua theater.  We loved sitting out on the balcony and watching the divers practice.  The privacy issue never bothered me., especially when you are in the center CLs.  Here is a video of 1734 on Allure.  A bit old, but gives you the general idea of the cabin and view. 

I love the aqua suites for the wide sweeping views port, starboard, and aft.  No mater where you or how you dock the views are great.  This isn’t the case for side facing cabins.  So a nice benefit for the rear facing loft suites is the views in both directions.  The privacy issue would be no big deal to me.  The aqua suites have the same issue, but they at least have a large part of the balcony that is 100% private and quiet ocean view.  

I do like the view from the bedroom area in a CLS when it is side facing.  We loved that view from upstairs.  Seems it is a bit ruined when rear facing.  But we didn’t use the balcony near as much as when we had the aqua suites.  I’m sure I’d use the balcony way more on a rear

facing CLS.  

The CLS is really cool and we enjoyed our time when we had one, but there are pros and cons to every cabin.  Even the best cabins have their downsides.  

• Like 1