Carnival Transport from Pier to Airport

MSPCUBS

The Conquest arrives in Miami at 8:00 AM.  My flight leaves MIA at 12:25.  Carnival website says that flights must leave after 12.  But, when I try to book the Carnival transport from pier to airport, the earliest I can get is 10:00-11:00.  I am afraid that if the time the bus leaves is closer to 11, I may have trouble making my flight.  Would I be better off taking a taxi?  Are they readily available?

Thank you for your help.

Have never had any problem walking out of the terminal and seeing a line of taxis, and then getting one.  They have a person in front of the line telling you which taxi to get into.  Very fast and efficient.  (and probably cheaper for 2 or more than CCL's bus would be). 

• Like 1

We cruised from Miami in November and had no trouble at all getting an Uber to the airport within minutes of walking off the ship. We had an 11:55 flight and had lots of time to spare.  Taxis were there too, we just prefer Uber/Lyft.

We have been on 4 cruises since cruising resumed, and the only place we had trouble getting from the port to the airport was Galveston (and I think that was a unique situation of several reasons).

3 hours ago, MSPCUBS said:

The Conquest arrives in Miami at 8:00 AM.  My flight leaves MIA at 12:25.  Carnival website says that flights must leave after 12.  But, when I try to book the Carnival transport from pier to airport, the earliest I can get is 10:00-11:00.  I am afraid that if the time the bus leaves is closer to 11, I may have trouble making my flight.  Would I be better off taking a taxi?  Are they readily available?

Thank you for your help.

Taxi to MIA is around $25 it is a flat rate.

3 hours ago, MSPCUBS said:

But, when I try to book the Carnival transport from pier to airport, the earliest I can get is 10:00-11:00.  

That time means absolutely nothing.  It's like when you used to be able to purchase FTTF and it stated a specific time.  It's just because it's an excursion and their system requires a time.  You simply leave the port and get on the first available bus.  

5 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

We have been on 4 cruises since cruising resumed, and the only place we had trouble getting from the port to the airport was Galveston (and I think that was a unique situation of several reasons).

We're cruising out of Galveston 3/26 for the first time. Curious why it may be troublesome to get back to Houston for our flight? Haven't booked flights yet.

We have never used Carnival transport before for us 3. Need to search for best option for Galveston.

Edited by mondello
Add

5 hours ago, MSPCUBS said:

Thank you for your help.

You definitely don't want to use Carnival transportation.  You have to wait until the bus is full and they will make more than one drop off, which is only good if you are the first one.  Definitely take a taxi or Uber.  You will make it there much quicker.

1 hour ago, mondello said:

We're cruising out of Galveston 3/26 for the first time. Curious why it may be troublesome to get back to Houston for our flight? Haven't booked flights yet.

We have never used Carnival transport before for us 3. Need to search for best option for Galveston.

We were on the Breeze's first sailing after cruising resumed. We got off the ship and went to grab an Uber like usual and got the "no cars available message" so decided to just do the flat rate taxi option, but there were no taxis there.  A fellow passenger who cruises out of Galveston all the time told us he had never seen that happen (he said there is usually a long line of taxis) so I think maybe they weren't aware we were coming back into port that day.

Then later, I read on here that Uber can't pick up inside the port area, so we should have crossed the street and tried the app outside the port area.  Someone also suggested Lyft as they can pick up inside the port area (which I now have on my phone also but didn't think of it at the time).

• Thanks 1