Chichen Itza no longer showing as excursion

jat1977

Does anyone know if Princess has temporarily suspended excursions to Chichen Itza? When I Google, I can see it as an excursion but when I click on the "book it" link, it just brings me back to the Princess log in page. And it is no longer showing as an excursion for our particular cruise (mid-Feb.).  I checked the website for Chichen Itza and it appears to still be open. So I'm just curious if perhaps my inability to see it means Princess just isn't offering it currently or if it means it is full or something else? 

Decades ago on a Costa tour we flew from Cozumel to Chichen Itza & still only had a brief visit. Currently it shows 90 minutes roundtrip on a ferry and a 4:20 roundtrip bus ride with 1:10 on site (60 minutes free time) which was hot & humid with little shade. Maybe the long bus ride with pandemic limited capacity made the long trip economically unfeasible for Princess.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

Can't help with why the excursion has been removed but as Astro Flyer has said it's a very long trip first by ferry to the mainland and then a long bus ride to the site.  An hour or so at the site to me is hardly worth it.  We did the trip from the mainland on a land trip to Cancun with a private driver and guide and even with 21/2 hours there felt rushed.

• Thanks 1

I could never understand why Princess offered this trip as an excursion at all. The travel time makes it completely unreasonable.

As others have mentioned, even of your staying at Cancun it's an all day adventure.