Time to find a new cruise line? 'professionalism'???

On 1/13/2022 at 12:07 AM, EugeneOregonDad said:

Time to find a new cruise line? RCCL has been extremely unprofessional regarding port cancellations. They haven't been going to Haiti for weeks, yet as of this afternoon, I can still reserve cabanas and jetskis. *****????

Absolutely the horror of this, def time to find a new cruise line.  How dare they try to deal with a pandemic.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 8:22 AM, barbeyg said:

In all fairness, we are in an ever-fluid time right now.  No company can predict what next week with bring with Covid as an influencing factor.  I give a lot of slack right now to the companies I do business with, because of this.   I personally will set my expectations higher when we get thru the brush-fire reactions going on currently.  

You are correct, however the OP is asking for real-time communications, not predictions.  It is likely that the concern for blowback and the immediate rush for refunds has them thinking this is somehow the lesser of two evils, but the passengers are going to find out about the changes, which means Royal has an opportunity to do this right, and be given kudos for handling it appropriately, rather than being reactive.  CC is great, but it is still a blog.  The information of record should be timely and accurate and should be coming from Royal.

53 minutes ago, rich_cathybrock said:

The information of record should be timely and accurate and should be coming from Royal.

Good luck with that.  🙂

And I don't say that flippantly, just from my experiences in dealing with large companies (not just RCI).   I agree that would be lovely in theory though.  🙂

Edited by barbeyg

6 hours ago, rich_cathybrock said:

You are correct, however the OP is asking for real-time communications, not predictions.  It is likely that the concern for blowback and the immediate rush for refunds has them thinking this is somehow the lesser of two evils, but the passengers are going to find out about the changes, which means Royal has an opportunity to do this right, and be given kudos for handling it appropriately, rather than being reactive.  CC is great, but it is still a blog.  The information of record should be timely and accurate and should be coming from Royal.

Real time in an unreasonable expectation, but a 'current' events would be nice.  Haiti has been 'closed' since the restart of cruising, why can I STILL rent a cabana at a port they know they're not going to???

12 minutes ago, EugeneOregonDad said:

Haiti has been 'closed' since the restart of cruising, why can I STILL rent a cabana at a port they know they're not going to???

For the same reason you could book a sailing during the summer of 2020 a couple of months out. 

On 1/12/2022 at 11:07 PM, EugeneOregonDad said:

Time to find a new cruise line? RCCL has been extremely unprofessional regarding port cancellations. They haven't been going to Haiti for weeks, yet as of this afternoon, I can still reserve cabanas and jetskis. *****????

Sounds like NCL, MSC, Princess, Celebrity and Carnival.

If you want better service I suggest Oceania,  Regent 7 Seas, or Viking. Oh wait they are also sailing during Covid time's. Nevermind.

10 hours ago, ymsc said:

You are correct, but what everyone is blaming on IT isn't an IT issue.  If someone enters data wrong or links an account to the wrong person, that isn't an IT issue, that is a data entry issue.

With everything that is connected so much more and more rely on IT and you are correct that most companies don't want to spend money as it as it is not seen as generating revenue.  I work in IT managing back end systems, but I never see the data or have control over the data that other people are entering or providing.  

Processes and workflows can and need to be improved, but it isn't an IT problem, but an RCI problem.

Welcome to CC.  

Amazing how quickly you all find each other!

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2022 at 11:07 PM, EugeneOregonDad said:

Cue the Royal cheerleaders! Sorry, but they are brutal. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Cue the Royal cheerleaders! Sorry, but they are brutal. 

More like RCI knowledgeable cruisers who know that that is the norm for RCI and provide that as an explanation, not as RCI supporters. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I truly had a fantastic experience with customer service today. Transferring BOA Visa rewards from our cancelled Harmony TA to the Odyssey at end of month. 

She even offered to expedite the process to insure it gets to our account prior to sail date (12 days from now) Typically the request funnels through a seperate department😉

Gotta love that.

Guess I need to put pom poms away now

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I truly had a fantastic experience with customer service today. Transferring BOA Visa rewards from our cancelled Harmony TA to the Odyssey at end of month. 

She even offered to expedite the process to insure it gets to our account prior to sail date (12 days from now) Typically the request funnels through a seperate department😉

Gotta love that.

Guess I need to put pom poms away now

I don't think you can put your pom poms away, I actually think they are growing right out the ends of your arms..  lol

35 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I don't think you can put your pom poms away, I actually think they are growing right out the ends of your arms..  lol

I get it, only horible experiences are to reported and believed. 👌 

• Like 2