What are peoples backup plans for Covid testing, I don't appear to have any available in my area

cgolf1

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yea the BinaxNow tests.   The current posts I've read indicate the ones currently being received have an expiration date with extension valid through the end of 2022.      I decided to take the risk and will report back on what expiration date is on the boxes.

We received our 6-pack yesterday from E-med with expiration date of 12-09-2022. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

For me I can not book any Walgreens for the next 2 weeks.   Been checking daily.   CVS is even worse as you have to individual check a box  for each site and date combination only to be told nothing available.   3000 clicks later nada. 

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

Here both Walgreen's and CVS start booking 2 weeks out.  I don't sleep much lately so I'd log in a few minutes past midnight on the first night.  Now we go with the home test. 

Our walgreens has been booking 7 days out so we will setup 2 appointments that we hope to cancel because the tele med tests worked with no issues. Thankfully when we have checked and appointments have been available, but who knows by the time we cruise, it could be better or worse. I am hoping that WI is close to reaching the peak and numbers start to drop soon.

6 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

Our walgreens has been booking 7 days out so we will setup 2 appointments that we hope to cancel because the tele med tests worked with no issues. Thankfully when we have checked and appointments have been available, but who knows by the time we cruise, it could be better or worse. I am hoping that WI is close to reaching the peak and numbers start to drop soon.

We made sure to cancel our Thanksgiving Day backup appointments as soon as the Homes worked.  It's the right thing to do.

• Like 1

I have been off the travel market for 2 years.  I have been tested for covid numerous times thru my work as I am a nurse.  I have not had to know which test they use.  I have never tested any where elsd.  My work related swab  seems to always result within 24 hours with said results showing in my on line portal.  

DH and I are cruising 4/25/22 but will likely spend 1 night in Minneapolis (4/23/22) before flying to Miami, where we plan to spend 1 night (4/24/22) prior to cruising.

While I know it is early and much could change between now and April, I want to make sure ' I understand the assignment'.  If I got tested on 4/22/22 at 5 pm at my local work testing site and proceeded to Minneapolis the next day, hypothetically getting my result by 5 pm on 4/23/22... and am hopefully negative, and I 'have proof' of the result on my patient on line account via my smart phone...will I be able to board the ship?

52 minutes ago, misha1 said:

I have been off the travel market for 2 years.  I have been tested for covid numerous times thru my work as I am a nurse.  I have not had to know which test they use.  I have never tested any where elsd.  My work related swab  seems to always result within 24 hours with said results showing in my on line portal.  

DH and I are cruising 4/25/22 but will likely spend 1 night in Minneapolis (4/23/22) before flying to Miami, where we plan to spend 1 night (4/24/22) prior to cruising.

While I know it is early and much could change between now and April, I want to make sure ' I understand the assignment'.  If I got tested on 4/22/22 at 5 pm at my local work testing site and proceeded to Minneapolis the next day, hypothetically getting my result by 5 pm on 4/23/22... and am hopefully negative, and I 'have proof' of the result on my patient on line account via my smart phone...will I be able to board the ship?

Under the current rules, you must test in the two days prior to sailing. So, in order to sail on the 25th, you would need to test on the 23rd or 24th.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, misha1 said:

DH and I are cruising 4/25/22... If I got tested on 4/22/22... will I be able to board the ship?

No. That's one day too early per the current requirements.

Edited by RichYak