Thermal Suite on longer cruises

riverrat

We are booked on a 21 day .... we usually book couple's thermal suite ...so website says $339 for 11 days. 

I called yesterday and confirmed this would be doubled to have access for 21 days.

How does pricing work on longer itineraries..... say a 35 day or a world cruise. 

at this rate could thermal suite alone be $3000 for a world cruise?

Thanks for advice. Diana

I would expect passes to be sold for each segment of the World Cruise, and I would expect the costs to add up to that kind of price.

A world cruise is 15 weeks and the Thermal Suite is a revenue generator for the spa operator, after all.

There has been only once that I booked a pass for the Thermal Suite on a long cruise:  Statendam's final HAL sailing from Seattle to Singapore.  It was sold at one price for the cruise that was reasonable.  While I really enjoy the hydrotherapy pool and thermal suite on the Vista, Signature, and Pinnacle Class ships, the whirlpool in the Thermal Suite did not perform as I was told it would by the spa attendant when I did "the sales pitch tour" on embarkation day.  No bubbly-bubbly water!  The locker room for men was small and cramped; a small sauna and steam room was located there--clothing optional.  I only used that pass a few times.  

For me, on one of the newer vessels, whatever the pass might cost during a long cruise, it would be money well spent.  

I don’t many if any get the thermal suite for a whole world cruise.  They sell visits, say 10 or 20 and we have done that before.  They do have “specials “ on the WC and maybe the TS is one of them but I don’t recall a full cruise option.

Can't comment on the price for a long cruise but I can offer up that the price if you bought it before boarding was cheaper than buying onboard (October 14 day TA Rotterdam cruise).

Of course, YMMV but that also seemed to be the consensus on a posting on this topic since the unpleasantness. 

5 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Can't comment on the price for a long cruise but I can offer up that the price if you bought it before boarding was cheaper than buying onboard (October 14 day TA Rotterdam cruise).

Of course, YMMV but that also seemed to be the consensus on a posting on this topic since the unpleasantness. 

Buy a pass before or on embarkation day has been a point of discussion for some time.  Once upon a time, I was able to get a discount on the full cruise pass when I bought it on embarkation day--or within days 1 or 2 on a 10/11/or more days cruise.  That price was less than if I had purchased it prior to the cruise.  More recently, I am unsure that this is true anymore.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 1:41 PM, rkacruiser said:

There has been only once that I booked a pass for the Thermal Suite on a long cruise:  Statendam's final HAL sailing from Seattle to Singapore.  It was sold at one price for the cruise that was reasonable.  While I really enjoy the hydrotherapy pool and thermal suite on the Vista, Signature, and Pinnacle Class ships, the whirlpool in the Thermal Suite did not perform as I was told it would by the spa attendant when I did "the sales pitch tour" on embarkation day.  No bubbly-bubbly water!  The locker room for men was small and cramped; a small sauna and steam room was located there--clothing optional.  I only used that pass a few times.  

For me, on one of the newer vessels, whatever the pass might cost during a long cruise, it would be money well spent.  

October on the Kdam the Spa folks told us that the two very nice men and women's saunas are the ships - not theirs to keep operational, and they never worked. They showed us Thermal spa operations are after the locked door. Sorry you had no bubbles on your cruise. We really like the hydro pool on Pinnacle class ships too. Just two buttons in there....bubbles and power jet. We took the Amsterdam to Alaska and thermal spa only had a "lobster pot" but what a view! right off the front windows. 

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen the "rain" if that is what is supposed to come from the ceiling in the hydrotherapy pool?

Maybe we will buy thermal spa prior to boarding for first segment of the b2b and then do other things the second half.  🙂

6 hours ago, riverrat said:

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen the "rain" if that is what is supposed to come from the ceiling in the hydrotherapy pool?

To the best of my knowledge, the Nieuw Statendam did not have that feature.  When I sailed on the current Royal Princess, the "rain feature" was available.  It would be a good addition, but, the improved access to the "turn on the bubbly-bubbly" function on the Nieuw Statendam was more appreciated by me.