Question about Princess EZ Air Flights

Carnevale

For a cruise in October we are planning to add time in Italy and want to start with flights into Naples.  Naples is not one of the dropdown options within EZ Air and our TA is telling us that we can only get to Rome with flights booked through Princess.  Getting just to Rome isn't working well and there are readily available flights from that would get us all the way to Naples very easily.   In the past it seems that we were able to pay a little extra for a "deviation" so that we could pick the routing and airline we wanted to use.  

Our TA says we are limited to what appears in the dropdown menu on EZ Air.  Is this the experience others have had?  If not, how have you managed to arrange flights booked through Princess to get where you want to go on the airline of your choice?

Many thanks in advance for your help with this.  

I did a "mock" booking on a Mediterranean cruise and I don't see Naples in the drop down as you stated. Perhaps you could book EZ Air as one-way home from whatever port you disembark in and do the flight to Naples and Rome outside of Princess? The only other idea would be to call Princess yourself and see if you can get connected to the group that manages flights. Hold times are long these days, so be ready to wait maybe even hours. Some people have had good luck with calling when they open in the morning.

Good luck.

I am pretty sure that you need to go by the drop down menu. Or, you can call Princess to talk to someone in EZAir. Your TA sounds incorrect. Anyone can get to Rome without booking through Princess.

You may consider, flying into Rome and then getting on the train to Naples to spend your desired time there. Then you can get the train to the ship in Civitavecchia.

Or, use Rome as your home base (I do not know how much time you want to spend in Naples) and do tours from there. There are many that leave from Rome to Naples.

You can ask your question about Naples in the chat feature. Some have reported success using the chat box. I know October is 9 months away. Are you sure you want to tour around increasing your covid exposure chances prior to a cruise?