Just off 1/9 Odyssey- Best cruise ever!

32 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Question regarding the VR thing… is it a crowded environment?  I can’t do it (ugh, nausea!), but DH would love to, if it didn’t seem “Covid risky”.

Someone recently aboard would have more-current info, but last August each VR session was a max of 4 persons, and the group leader. You're outfitted with gear on your arms/hands, feet, back and head, and we were masked under that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grahaminca said:

Hi it may have been posted before .... we are on 6 Night Odyssey on 23rd Jan 2022... can anybody please tell me how many formal nights there is on this cruise?  Thank you for your help!

The first sea day was formal. 

I felt the same way about our 8 night Sept Odyssey sailing with only 1100 passengers. Great food...incredible ship and staff...everything was up and running on the ship. Love cafe 270.

In contrast It continues to surprise me how different things are from ship to ship. Was on Allure in Dec and it was an entirely different experience (not for the good)....food was subpar...overall staff seemed a bit stressed and not so friendly, ship felt a bit dated in comparison to just coming off the brand new Odyssey and even with 3400 people (around 60% capacity) it felt overly crowded in certain venues. 

Odyssey is doing something right to see that it still seems to be the same experience right now as it was in Sept.

Edited by bajathree

On 1/17/2022 at 12:18 PM, At5920Feet said:

Someone recently aboard would have more-current info, but last August each VR session was a max of 4 persons, and the group leader. You're outfitted with gear on your arms/hands, feet, back and head, and we were masked under that.

The same now.

On 1/15/2022 at 11:47 PM, budmeister said:

The seaplex had interactive arcade games like basketball, bowling, scee ball, air hockey, and few I could not figure out but looked fun.

Thanks for this, we're getting on Feb 12.  We're super stoked.  Were all the arcade games working or did they have every other one blocked off for social distancing?  That is the way it was on our Liberty cruise.

On 1/15/2022 at 10:19 PM, budmeister said:

We just had what may have been our best cruise ever! Truly fantastic shows, loved the seaplex,  great food. Awesome service, great ship with lots of sea views all over. 30% capacity. We missed one port due to waves going higher than and over pier. We got off at Roatan and stayed on ship for cozumel, enjoying  effectively 5 fun activity filled sea days. 

Great! We have sailed her three times, and have one booked for March. I cannot wait to get back on!! Yes, Teppanyaki was amazing, and Giovanni Kitchen was great as well. 

The Book, Showgirls, Tap Factory and The Effectors were all really REALLY good. I just love the ship in general.